DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts
Deepdiscount.com 15% off - 10/6/14 only

http://www.deepdiscount.com/
Old 10-06-14, 09:06 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Deepdiscount.com 15% off - 10/6/14 only

Too bad the Halloween set is still over $100.
Old 10-06-14, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Anyone know of how Olive titles prices hold? There is a movie I am thinking about ordering but would rather hold off if I knew there would eventually be a price drop.
Old 10-06-14, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

Gee, it's too bad they deleted my wishlist so I could remember what titles on their site I was interested in buying from them. Especially when you take into consideration how shitty their search is, even with the new website redesign.
Old 10-06-14, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Once Upon a Time in America: Extended Director's Cut Single Disc Blu Ray - $11.89 after coupon
Old 10-06-14, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 250 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Anyone know of how Olive titles prices hold? There is a movie I am thinking about ordering but would rather hold off if I knew there would eventually be a price drop.
If it's Distant Drums, which has remained quite high on Amazon,it's 15.70 with coupon.

Regarding Halloween, the Synapse Hammers (Vampire Circus, Hands of Ripper, Countess Dracula, Twins of Evil) are 13.50 with coupon. I've never seen them this low.
Old 10-06-14, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rw2516
If it's Distant Drums, which has remained quite high on Amazon,it's 15.70 with coupon.

Regarding Halloween, the Synapse Hammers (Vampire Circus, Hands of Ripper, Countess Dracula, Twins of Evil) are 13.50 with coupon. I've never seen them this low.
It's Dragonfly Squadron which releases next week. With coupon it puts it around $20 which is currently the cheapest I have seen it so far. I may hold off and see if I can catch it cheaper later on.
Old 10-06-14, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Gee, it's too bad they deleted my wishlist so I could remember what titles on their site I was interested in buying from them. Especially when you take into consideration how shitty their search is, even with the new website redesign.

Omg right! The search is like something from 1990
Old 10-06-14, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Yes. A thousand times yes. Not just deleted the wishlist, but prevented you from recreating it by simply no longer having such an unbelievably basic feature for a shopping site.
Old 10-06-14, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts

It's really quite amazing how, every time DeepDiscount redesigns their website, it becomes less user friendly and a bigger pain in the ass to use. It's like they are trying to drive their customers away.
Old 10-06-14, 08:17 PM

A lot of really good deals when you put this together with their Halloween sale. If this works on pre-orders, this is going to be the best deal on the upcoming Demons and Demons II releases.

Strange that they have a 35 title limit in the cart now, I like to put a bunch in the cart and then weed down.
Old 10-06-14, 10:00 PM

I must say there's some fantastic vinyl deals!
Old 10-06-14, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

It's really quite amazing how, every time DeepDiscount redesigns their website, it becomes less user friendly and a bigger pain in the ass to use. It's like they are trying to drive their customers away.
Bizarre.
I had to go in an update everything- address, CC, etc. And then when I went to checkout, none of the fields were auto filled. I had to enter everything in again. WTF.

Ordered the WKRP and Sgt Bilko sets along with some Bds (Fedora, Dragonfly Squadron, The Bubble). I already have Bilko on order with Amazon.Ca, but I don't expect to actually get it. If I do, I'll just ship DDs back. In fact, if I see a better deal (by >$10) on either of those sets, the DD ones will go back. Otherwise, this order checks off some major items on my buy list. Not much left for the rest of the year apart from a few Warner archive titles when they have their sale, and a couple new releases.
I should be able to just squeak into my budget this year, and not think about buying any more discs till January.
Old 10-07-14, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
Bizarre.
I had to go in an update everything- address, CC, etc. And then when I went to checkout, none of the fields were auto filled. I had to enter everything in again. WTF.
I think this will end up being my last order with DeepDiscount. It ends a customer relationship over a decade long. The only things our new accounts seem to bring over from the old ones are the old email address and our names. That is it. Everything else has been eliminated.

I might have gotten over the switch, if they haven't changed the entire ordering software and introduced a whole new set of checkout quirks.

I learned on the new system, the discount does not apply apparently to backordered items. Apparently now those backordered items are charged upfront (a terrible proposition given DD's checkered history) at full price. The discount did get taken off the in-stock items.

It appears the ordering software used on Blowitoutahere was repurposed for Deepdiscount with a few mods.
Old 10-07-14, 12:14 AM

Tried to place an order for about $200. My password would not work so I requested to reset it and waited about three hours for an email and never got one. Made a new account and never received the email to complete registration. Coupon is now expired but that don't matter because I could not complete the sale. I'll do what I should have done in the first place, spend $25 more and buy it from Amazon.
Old 10-07-14, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 71 Posts

The low to high price feature does not work right.Maybe they have it set up this way to make finding
price mistakes harder.

Did the reset password with no problems.

Was not planning on ordering anything,but ended up getting some horror movies that were already on
sale.Spent around $125
Holliston: The Complete Second Season
Idle Hands
Holliston: The Complete First Season
Black Sabbath: Standard Edition Remastered
5 Dolls for An August Moon: Remastered Edition
Broken & Butterfly Effect 3
Krull
Killer's Moon
Two Orphan Vampires
Hatchet for the Honeymoon
Santa Sangre
Black Sunday
Tokyo Gore Police
Old 10-07-14, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
The low to high price feature does not work right.Maybe they have it set up this way to make finding
price mistakes harder.
That is likely the answer. I've noticed that many of the larger media sellers have disabled low-to-high price searches. Others have stopped Google from indexing their product pages.
Old 10-07-14, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
I think this will end up being my last order with DeepDiscount. It ends a customer relationship over a decade long. The only things our new accounts seem to bring over from the old ones are the old email address and our names. That is it. Everything else has been eliminated.

I might have gotten over the switch, if they haven't changed the entire ordering software and introduced a whole new set of checkout quirks.

I learned on the new system, the discount does not apply apparently to backordered items. Apparently now those backordered items are charged upfront (a terrible proposition given DD's checkered history) at full price. The discount did get taken off the in-stock items.

It appears the ordering software used on Blowitoutahere was repurposed for Deepdiscount with a few mods.
I think you're mistaken, it's just confusing the way they sort the final receipt. I pre-ordered Demons and Demons II, also ordered Prom Night, which was back-ordered. When I filled my cart, I double checked with an excel sheet to make sure I was getting the correct discount and it matched on the shopping cart page fine. 15% off all items.

I checked out through paypal and the subtotal charged on both orders was the same - included 15% off everything.

However, on the receipt page after clearing payment, it organizes your order into an In Stock section and a Backordered Items section below that. On the backordered list, it will show $0.00 discount, but if you look at the in-stock items subtotal discount, it includes the backordered items discount.

Double check your receipt to make sure that is the case for you.
Old 10-07-14, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

Yeah, I had to do a double take on the receipt page. The way it is grouped, it appears the full order discount is being subtracted from the grouping of in-stock items. But DD is so screwed up that even some of those 'in-stock' items were labeled as back-ordered on a previous page, so I'm sure I will be getting 6 different packages and 6 different charges.

I'll have to be diligent with these guys and makes sure the charges square with each new shipment.
Old 10-07-14, 08:51 AM

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I tried to place an order yesterday...it told me my credit card info wasn't correct, I checked (it was fine) and reentered it anyway...told me my credit card info was incorrect...I gave up.

And I just ordered from them a few weeks ago!
Old 10-07-14, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ever since they blew out my wishlist, I haven't even gone to their site. What a stupid move. They have lost my business.
Old 10-07-14, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Well, I tried to order last night but got so frustrated attempting to reactivate my account with a new password (which wouldn't take for some reason), I went to bed. What the hek. And the search is now the worst I've ever experienced. I still might order a few titles...if I can get logged in!
Old 10-07-14, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Ordering from Deepdiscount is a lot like playing Russian Roulette
Old 10-07-14, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by danstheday
Tried to place an order for about $200. My password would not work so I requested to reset it and waited about three hours for an email and never got one. Made a new account and never received the email to complete registration. Coupon is now expired but that don't matter because I could not complete the sale. I'll do what I should have done in the first place, spend $25 more and buy it from Amazon.
How ridiculous. I would send a short e-mail to that effect - surely can't hurt to send some criticism their way 'just in case' they want to fix any of these issues..
Old 10-07-14, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by BackStJoe
I tried to place an order yesterday...it told me my credit card info wasn't correct, I checked (it was fine) and reentered it anyway...told me my credit card info was incorrect...I gave up.

And I just ordered from them a few weeks ago!
I had a similar issue. The weird thing is that it only occurred with one item which happened to be a pre-order. Last week I tried to order this same item with a couple of In Stock items and received the error. I took the pre-order item out of the cart and the order went through. I tried to order that same pre-order item yesterday and received the error again. So, I tried ordering with Paypal and the order went through. It appears to be an issue with pre-orders and my CC company. I'd have to confirm that by trying to place another order with pre-order items but that will have to wait for the next coupon.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.