Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Sears/K-Mart Blu-ray Deals

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-14, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sears/K-Mart Blu-ray Deals

Sears.com has some good prices for what's available now and for pre-order. Some lower prices than Amazon or Walmart. These three pre-orders are all $8.99 each. Too many to check.

Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron - http://entertainment.sears.com/spiri...n/032429147646

Get Carter (Michael Caine)(1971) - http://entertainment.sears.com/get-c...1/883929373734

Get Carter (Sylvester Stallone)(2000) - http://entertainment.sears.com/get-c...0/883929373871

Last edited by darkhawk; 04-14-14 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-12-14, 10:19 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
re: Sears/K-Mart Blu-ray Deals

Preorders get discounted by 10 percent up until the sunday after a item is released. I think Vanilla Sky and Torque were 8.99 as well. They tend to be very competitive on labels like shout factory and Olive films during the preorder time.
And shipping is free if you signup for their free shipping program trial.
Also a good idea to check your shop your rewards account for free money too as they give surprise points frequently.
Old 04-13-14, 11:35 PM
Banned

Just wanted to point out that both links to Get Carter pull up the Stallone atrocity. The correct link for the 1971 Caine classic version is below.

http://entertainment.sears.com/get-c...1/883929373734
Old 04-14-14, 01:43 PM
g

I got a 5 dollar and a 15 dollar on the mystery card deal. The sign up ended on April 12, I believe.
Old 04-14-14, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I totally forgot about signing up for this. They actually just emailed me my award this morning. I only got $5 (I wasn't smart enough to try for two), but I just tried to apply it to my order. It says:
Gift cards can not be used to purchase Pre-order items at this time.

BUMMER!!!

I guess I'll try to find some in-stock stuff to order. I'll just go for the $20 order. I'll save $12 with the mystery GC and bonus points, so that ain't bad.
Old 04-14-14, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Where is this poll at? I signed into SYW and couldn't find anything.
Old 04-15-14, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
Where is this poll at? I signed into SYW and couldn't find anything.
It was under contests. There are other contests currently, where you can win free points. Dunno what the odds are. The gift card giveaway was a guaranteed $5 minimum.

After searching my email, I did receive two of them. Both were worth $5. Combined with my bonus points, I saved $17 on a $20 order, plus got 6% CB. Decided not to buy any BD's. I didn't want to pay shipping. Bought an electric trimmer which was on clearance for only $15. Missed out on the $9 model...
Old 04-16-14, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Kinda off topic, but for those that have a SYWR account, they are giving away more points. Just go to both Sears and Kmart sites and look for the "LocalAd Points Giveaway" banner on the right side of the page. Click anywhere on the banner and it should pop up telling you either got the points or "sorry you missed out". Make sure you are logged in to get the points.

They are giving 2000 points($2.00 value) per site to use starting next week. These tend to go fast, so I would act now if possible. Sometimes they do it on multiple days. So if you don't get in today, I would try again tomorrow and see if they are doing it again.
Old 04-18-14, 03:34 PM

Placed an order for 3 BDs on the 12th and received two of them since one is a pre-order. Individually wrapped. Fast shipping.
Old 04-18-14, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by darkhawk
Placed an order for 3 BDs on the 12th and received two of them since one is a pre-order. Individually wrapped. Fast shipping.
They almost certainly use a third-party drop shipper to fill their Internet orders.
Old 04-18-14, 10:42 PM
g

I think the drop shipper is the same one that owns blowitoutahere. I think .Their parent is Alliance entertaintainment.
But Sears handles all billing which is better. Their customer service is real good as I have had points refunded and such by them and few problems.
Old 04-19-14, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

I was not pleased when Alliance was sold a few years back to some corporation. They killed the One Way cd label & One Way cutout wholesaler. As an off price retailer, One Way was my #1 wholesaler.
Old 04-20-14, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sears has The Sorcerer Digibook for $17.99.

http://entertainment.sears.com/sorce...7/883929387762
Old 05-06-14, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

Would anyone else be opposed or stand in support of the thread title being changed to something like Sears/Kmart Blu-ray Deals?

I thought about starting a thread for Kmart deals, but with the Shop Your Way Rewards program that's been mentioned being a common tie between the 2 stores and the deals you can find, it makes sense to have a joint thread. At least, I think.

Here's a possible Kmart deal, thought it may be hard to find. I've been to 2 stores that have a sale tag on the shelf for a Pocahontas/Pocahontas II double feature BD for $14.99. That's not a bad deal right there, but with the frequent SYWR bonus points I receive (frequently $5), I'd be thrilled to pick it up for less than $10. The problem is that both stores I've visited don't have copies on the shelf. I've only been able to find the DVD double feature.
Old 05-07-14, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts

I'm not opposed to the K-Mart inclusion. Their media sections are always so poorly organized, it's nearly impossible finding anything but a random selection of titles.
Old 05-07-14, 04:43 AM

change it
Old 05-07-14, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Then after a mod changes it &/merges with previous threads for both stores... We can discuss the potential for it being a sticky...
Old 05-07-14, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by b2net
Then after a mod changes it &/merges with previous threads for both stores... We can discuss the potential for it being a sticky...
Hey now, let's not get carried away.

I'll contact a mod about changing it.
Old 05-07-14, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For months, I have received $4-5 in surprise points with little/no restrictions. More recently, it had to be spent on non-food/pharmacy items. But there was no minimum purchase requirement, so I would often buy something inexpensive to use them. Today, I received a $5 surprise points e-mail with a minimum requirement of spending $50. I hope that's not the beginning of a trend.
Old 05-07-14, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts
Re: Sears/K-Mart Blu-ray Deals

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Hey now, let's not get carried away.

Old 05-07-14, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
For months, I have received $4-5 in surprise points with little/no restrictions. More recently, it had to be spent on non-food/pharmacy items. But there was no minimum purchase requirement, so I would often buy something inexpensive to use them. Today, I received a $5 surprise points e-mail with a minimum requirement of spending $50. I hope that's not the beginning of a trend.
I get those emails all the time with some kind of restrictions but still get the surprise points also from time to time. If you sign into your SYWR account you will probably see 2-4 different $$ off offers with some being restricted while are not. I actually received an email today for $35 in surprise points with the purchase of $199 or more from Sears.
Old 05-11-14, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw this posted elsewhere. Kmart has season one of Orange is the New Black for $12.25. Shipping is .99 unless you have SYWR Max, then it should be free.
Old 05-11-14, 08:09 PM
g

Thanks. I ordered earlier.
Old 05-15-14, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I wanted to include these posts from darkdaze in this thread as a way to build up on SYWR money. I've been picking up the Shout Factory horror blu-rays once I've accumulated some SYWR credit to bring the price down. I've also used my Discover card shopping link to get another 10% back from them.

Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Just a head's up though for those that do the SYWR local ad points each week, they are offering varying amounts from .50 to $5 in points per site this week(5/13-5/17). And just as it has been in the past, you do not get the points until the following week(5/18-5/24). But what is great about it is that so far you can do the Local Ad points more than one day. I received $8 in points yesterday and $10 in points today. Hopefully they allow us to keep all these points.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, there is a SYWR/Kmart Fun in the Sun matching game. You can get up to 1000 points a day between the points earned on the game part and sharing it on Facebook and/or Twitter. You can get up to 5000 points total for the duration of the promotion(5/26) and the points do not expire until sometime next year.

You will receive points for each of the first 2 times playing the matching game(500 points max per game). If you have not reached the 1000 points for the day, share on Facebook and/or Twitter for an additional 250. From what I have read, the Facebook/Twitter part has been kind of a hit or miss deal as far as receiving the points. Any points received for playing the games and sharing should come instantly. When you are done with everything, just refresh the page and it should show the points added on to your balance.
Originally Posted by darkdaze73
Not sure if it is every week, but I know the last few weeks they have surprise points giveaways. Go to the home page of both the Sears and Kmart websites. Sign in to your account. On the far right side you should see an advertisement for "Surprise points giveaways, learn more. Searslocalad.com/Kmartlocalad.com".

Click on that and it should another page on their site. Once again click on the "Surprise points giveaway" on the right side. Sometimes it has been located about halfway down in the center of the page. Once you click on it there a box should pop up over that area congratulating you on being awarded xxx amount of points. It is usually a set amount of points(2000, 1500, etc.), but sometimes like this week they give out varying amounts. Make sure you do both sites as you get points for each. As mentioned above, these points will not show up until Sunday of the following week and you only have one week to spend them.

These points can be combined with any other surprise SYWR points they give you($3 off $15, $10 off $25). As far as I know you can only receive the local ad points once through the duration of that weeks giveaway. But this week it has given people points both days so far. The surprise point giveaway this week runs through Saturday, so if you miss out today there is always tomorrow. Also of note, the points giveaways usually start at 8am CST.

As far as the matching game, yeah they switch places each time.
Old 05-20-14, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They just love giving out money. After the freebies above and from store purchases, I'm up to $28 in SYWR money. Then I receive an e-mail with a coupon offer--redeem $25 in points, get $20 back. Think I'll use that, thank you very much.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.