Reload this Page >

Amazon.co.uk: Disney 3D Blu-Rays for ~$18.75 (possibly ~$15.75) shipped

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 04-11-14, 03:26 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazon.co.uk is having a promotion through April 20 offering two Disney 3D Blu-Rays for 19 pounds. Choices are:

Toy Story 1, 2, and 3
Finding Nemo
Up
Monsters Inc.
Monsters University
Tangled
Wreck-It Ralph
Brave
Cars 1 and 2
Planes

Annoyingly, the site is not removing VAT from the price, so US customers get to pay the full 19 pounds, rather than 15.83, and after two long chats with "customer service" I didn't get anywhere.

You can get four movies shipped to the US for 44.05 UKP ($75ish), or if you can convince them to remove VAT, it would be 37.62 UKP ($63ish). You pay roughly $18.75 per 3D Disney Blu-Ray as the website is programmed, or $15.75 per 3D Disney Blu-Ray as the website should have been programmed.

Since most 3D Disney movies run $30 on Amazon.com, even $18.75 is a pretty good price. Note that the UK versions don't contain the DVD or the digital copy, just the Blu-Ray and the 3D Blu-Ray, so if you want the DVD and digital copy you might be better off sticking with Amazon.com.

I haven't made 30 posts so someone else will need to post the link, which you can find by going to the 3D version of any of the movies listed above. Or add three w's to the beginning of...

amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_180315507_1?ie=UTF8&docId=1000788283&emi=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
Old 04-11-14, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts
Re: Amazon.co.uk: Disney 3D Blu-Rays for ~$18.75 (possibly ~$15.75) shipped

The thing about VAT is how Amazon.co.uk has always coded their sales whenever it comes to these Buy X for a certain £ amount. I'm fairly sure they know they aren't subtracting VAT from the prices on their sales and don't care.
Old 04-11-14, 04:27 PM
Cool New Member

I've been looking for a decent deal on the 3D Toy Story titles. Anyone know if they are Region Free?

The other 2 titles I was interested in are Monsters Inc 3D and Monsters University 3d. Both of those are listed as Region Free, but the the Toy Story 3D titles are not listed that way.

Anyone know for sure?
Old 04-11-14, 04:29 PM
Cool New Member

Also, when I selected the titles I was interested VAT was not added to my calculation. YMMV.
Old 04-11-14, 05:01 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by bleorg
Also, when I selected the titles I was interested VAT was not added to my calculation. YMMV.
VAT should never be added. It is already included in the advertised prices. Because exported items aren't subject to VAT, Amazon subtracts the VAT when you order. Put any other movie into your cart and go through checkout; you'll see the price go down by 1/6th (VAT is 20%, so you're going from 120% to 100%, which is 1/6 off).

The way this promotion is programmed, the 1/6 is taken off of the usual disc prices first, then the website subtracts money to get you to 19 pounds (which is the UK price including VAT). What the website should do is subtract money to get you to 19 pounds, then take off 1/6th of the cost, getting you to 15.83 pounds (VAT removed). Customer service was having a hard time grasping that the Amazon website could be programmed incorrectly.

I suspect PhantomStranger is right -- they don't care. If a lot of people started contacting customer service, they might, but I doubt too many people in the US are ordering from Amazon.co.uk.
Old 04-11-14, 10:56 PM

I've been looking for a decent deal on the 3D Toy Story titles. Anyone know if they are Region Free?

The other 2 titles I was interested in are Monsters Inc 3D and Monsters University 3d. Both of those are listed as Region Free, but the the Toy Story 3D titles are not listed that way.

Anyone know for sure?
That's what I'm curious about. I don't have a zone-free player yet, so I'd really like to know before I order.
Old 04-11-14, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Anyone know for sure?
Have you considered signing up for the Disney Movie Club? You can not get 3D titles with your initial enrollment, but there is currently a B2G1 promo going on until 4/28. You could come out paying