Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

James Bond 50 complete box set - $39 shipped (All 23 films up to Skyfall)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

James Bond 50 complete box set - $39 shipped (All 23 films up to Skyfall)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-14, 08:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: James Bond 50 complete box set - $39 shipped (All 23 films up to Skyfall)

Can't wait to hear what they shipped some of you.
Old 01-23-14, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

Got the e-mail from Paypal indicating I've been refunded the $39. No word from nomorerack.com - site reflects the order has been cancelled. If this was a different company, I might fight for the $10 credit that others are getting. But I think it's a better move to cut all ties with this place.
Old 01-23-14, 08:36 PM
Cool New Member

Order cancelled. No refund as of yet.
Old 01-23-14, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts

Refund from Paypal as well. Oh well, c'est Le Bon... Simon Le Bon.
Old 01-23-14, 09:01 PM

I show a refund pending on paypal. I kinda figured it was too good to be true. At least I still have my 90ish amazon set.

From the posts above this seems like a scammy tactic to get people to their website. Offer them something too good to be true, cancel orders, send a few fake tracking numbers out, give $10 credit to a site where most things cost more than $10 and hope you stick around and spend some $.
Old 01-23-14, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

So I asked them on FB that I heard all Bond orders were cancelled but I had received no such email or cancellation, they asked for the order #, and their reply was that my order shipped before the vendor cancelled the orders and to contact them by next week if it had not shown up

Maybe they had like 10 sets or something
Old 01-23-14, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Today I got a sponsored post on FB that was not only NoMoreRack, but it was the Bond set.
Got my refund notice, and a refund in paypal. I also have a temp hold by Paypal for that amount (payment already of course cleared) that is being 'reviewed' - not sure what that means.
I did not get an email other than the one from Paypal re: the refund, nor do I see a 10.00 credit.
So, yeah, I think I'll be closing my account and unsubbing from everything.
Old 01-23-14, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by DeepSleep
Well that's interesting...

On a more dramatic note:

The Fat Lady enters the Opera House.

The Fat Lady walks down the main aisle to thunderous applause.

The Fat Lady walks up the steps to the stage.

The Fat Lady walks to center stage.

Many DVDtalkers are in the audience with popcorn and soda in hand.

Does the Fat Lady sing or does she quietly leave the stage?
Fat Lady bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.
Old 01-23-14, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts

And what's the name of that act? The Aristocrats!
Old 01-23-14, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,243 Likes on 854 Posts

Originally Posted by redtornado
This was posted over at SD:

Hi,

This is Vishal and I'm a part of Senior Management at Nomorerack.

Wanted to reach out directly and apologize as we will have to cancel all the order for these Bond DVD sets. We are extremely sorry about this situation and we are immediately issuing a full refund to all our customers.

It has been about 5 days since we sold this product and the communication with the vendor is not giving us enough confidence that the product will be shipped. We would like to be cautious, thus are immediately issuing a full refund to all customers who bought this product to their original mode of payment and issuing a $10 credit to be used towards any future purchase at Nomorerack.

Again, we sincerely apologize for this issue and would like to assure that this is not a regular occurrence. We put our suppliers thru a detailed due diligence but this one passed without any red flags. We have further strengthened our controls to ensure this does not happen again.

We hope this one experience will not deter you from using Nomorerack again and hope to be of service soon again.

Sincerely,

Vishal
Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Just got this email:

Dear Valued Customer,

It has come to our attention that unfortunately, a recent order you placed "Bond 50 Complete 23-Film Collection on Blu-ray with Bonus Disc" is unable to be fulfilled. We take pride in only selecting the best suppliers and manufacturers to deliver high quality products. Unfortunately, the supplier responsible for this particular deal fell short of that expectation. We sincerely apologize for this, and can assure you that we are doing our best to prevent this from happening again.

To make up for this inconvenience, we have gone ahead and done the following:

1. A full refund has been issued to your original payment method.

2. In addition to the full refund, we have also added a $10 store credit to your NMR account, for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your understanding, and sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,
nomorerack Team
Not the worst grammar ever, but certainly not up to the standards of a professional organization.

Coincidentally, I just saw a commercial for this outfit on TV.
Old 01-23-14, 10:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Adubb315
Order cancelled. No refund as of yet.
Same here.
Old 01-23-14, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps this was an ingenious ploy to build up their email list! Sell an irresistible product for a price people can't refuse! They got thousands of new people to sign up, then canceled everyone's order without having to spend a dime! Now they'll spam everyone for the rest of their lives! Brilliant!
Old 01-23-14, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Nomorespam.com I don't plan on doing any business with this outfit in the future.
Old 01-23-14, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts

Let this be a lesson to all : If a deal seems too good to be true, it's clearly the fault of unscrupulous, unreliable suppliers who cruelly and unfairly dupe honest, respectable online retailers.
Old 01-23-14, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Perhaps those who got shipping notice with a tracking number will actual get the set at no charge. Maybe when they issued the refunds they did it for all orders when some items actually shipped. If an item is showing as in transit on the USPS website it means a bar code was scanned by the post office. If a label was created but no item shipped, it would say Electronic Info Received and stay that way. Some people may soon be very lucky.

I received no e-mails from them other than the initial welcome new customer and order confirmation when I first placed order. I received no cancellation notice from them but I did receive an e-mail from Paypal notifying me of the credit. Checking the order status on the website shows the order was canceled.

Last edited by Classic Films; 01-24-14 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-24-14, 12:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 807 Likes on 681 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic Films
Perhaps those who got shipping notice with a tracking number will actual get the set at no charge. Maybe when they issued the refunds they did it for all orders when some items actually shipped. If an item is showing as in transit on the USPS website it means a bar code was scanned by the post office. If a label was created but no item shipped, it would say Electronic Info Received and stay that way. Some people may soon be very lucky.

I received no e-mails from them other than the initial welcome new customer and order confirmation when I first placed order. I received no cancellation notice from them but I did receive an e-mail from Paypal notifying me of the credit. Checking the order status on the website shows the order was canceled.
Actually, there is a lot of speculation people are going to get slips of paper using those tracking numbers, and not actual box sets. I kid you not.
Old 01-24-14, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Fat Lady bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor... I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.
Hurm.
Old 01-24-14, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

I got the email this morning confirming the cancelation and the $10 coupon for a future order. My refund already processed through paypal yesterday.

And if all we do get is that slip of paper - it's to confirm addesses, so that they can send their junk mail flyers directly to your doorstep.
Old 01-24-14, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Cardsfan111
Got the e-mail from Paypal indicating I've been refunded the $39. No word from nomorerack.com - site reflects the order has been cancelled. If this was a different company, I might fight for the $10 credit that others are getting. But I think it's a better move to cut all ties with this place.
If you check your account, click on your e-mail address on the top of the page to get to your account information and click where it says Credits you might see the $10 credit sitting there. As previously stated, I received no e-mail notifications from them concerning the cancellation or any credits. When I checked my account it was sitting there. Don't know if I would take a chance to order from them again but you never know what you may find in the future.

For those who got a shipping notice and tracking I think you have just as much a chance of getting the set as you do of getting a piece of paper. No one so far has posted what they received. Whoever gets something please post here.

FYI right after I ordered the Bond set I saw a noise cancelling headphone set at a good price compared to Amazon which I purchased. Item arrived today. It was grey goods meaning items meant to be sold outside the US. In this case Canada. Warranty only good in Canada so there is no warranty. Fortunately headphones work fine. Also note package was missing the box. The inner tray which holds item appears to be original. All contents ie carry case, instructions, airline plug, and warranty card were included. Item was advertised as new and I have no reason to believe it is factory reconditioned or used. Just a head up to anyone thinking of ordering something from this site about what you will receive. I am satisfied with this purchase but it does explain why prices appear to be low.

Last edited by Classic Films; 01-24-14 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-24-14, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 375 Likes on 235 Posts

If you check your account, click on your e-mail address on the top of the page to get to your account information and click where it says Credits you might see the $10 credit sitting there. As previously stated, I received no e-mail notifications from them concerning the cancellation or any credits. When I checked my account it was sitting there. Don't know if I would take a chance to order from them again but you never know what you may find in the future.
Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I got the email this morning confirming the cancelation and the $10 coupon for a future order. My refund already processed through paypal yesterday.
Got the e-mail about the credit this morning and it is listed on my account now.

Just for kicks, I ordered $10 of AA batteries. Since I didn't have to enter any payment info, I figured I've got nothing to lose. It's not like I'm going to receive any more junk e-mails from them than I already am, right?
Old 01-24-14, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 263 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
wow.. what a disaster. Wonder if it was a marketing ploy to drive up potential future sales and get people on a mailing list.

Bingo. I believe we have a winner. Or a loser now with all the spam you will get.
Old 01-24-14, 12:39 PM

FYI right after I ordered the Bond set I saw a noise cancelling headphone set at a good price compared to Amazon which I purchased. Item arrived today. It was grey goods meaning items meant to be sold outside the US. In this case Canada. Warranty only good in Canada so there is no warranty. Fortunately headphones work fine. Also note package was missing the box. The inner tray which holds item appears to be original. All contents ie carry case, instructions, airline plug, and warranty card were included. Item was advertised as new and I have no reason to believe it is factory reconditioned or used. Just a head up to anyone thinking of ordering something from this site about what you will receive. I am satisfied with this purchase but it does explain why prices appear to be low.
Correction. Comparing the model number of the item I received with the model number advertised on the website I saw I received a cheaper set of headphones than the ones advertised. The headphones I received were cheaper at Amazon than what I paid. I chatted with customer service and got a RMA to return item. Unfortunately I have to pay for return postage and then wait to get reimbursed for that. They wanted to give me store credit but I requested a credit to my pay pal account. They agreed to the pay pal credit. I asked them for an e-mail confirming that they would issue a credit to pay pal. They responded that it was unnecessary because the chat was recorded. I doubt them. I copied the chat into an Excel file and will dispute with Pay Pal if they don't issue the agreed credit.
Old 01-24-14, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Good news: Mine "item" shows it was delivered today.
Bad news: It was delivered in MD, and I live in NC.

WTH!
Old 01-24-14, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Fascinating.
Old 01-24-14, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Sounds more and more like a scam company. Not even sending you the item that they advertised is reason to never buy from them again.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.