Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy - $50 any purchase of $100 or more when using Mastercard today through 1/27

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy - $50 any purchase of $100 or more when using Mastercard today through 1/27

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-13, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Best Buy - $50 any purchase of $100 or more when using Mastercard today through 1

Originally Posted by Manzana
all I got was a $25 GC which is far less than the $50 someone else got.
This is a silver lining kind of deny, though. Instead of getting 50% off of $100, you got 100% off of $25. Also, my vote is on Best Deny. For the record, I use Mastercard there too and I got J.S. :P
Old 01-22-13, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts
Re: Best Buy - $50 any purchase of $100 or more when using Mastercard today through 1

Tried to buy a garbage disposal today but no dice and no offer of compensation from either store manager or complaint line employee. She even lied and told me they sent out an apology e-mail within 5 hours about the mistake on the coupon. Did anyone get this e-mail?
Old 01-22-13, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

There is pain.

And then there is...

Manzana Pain.
Old 01-22-13, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
She even lied and told me they sent out an apology e-mail within 5 hours about the mistake on the coupon. Did anyone get this e-mail?
I received the original email on Monday, January 21, 2013 at 12:44 AM.

I thought the email was spam/spoof because it was too good to be true. Didn't know that it was real until after I read this thread, but it was too late.

I never received an apology email on Monday or Tuesday. Sounds like she lied to you to get rid of you.
Old 01-23-13, 06:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

It made the press.
Old 01-23-13, 07:33 AM

Amazon is simply same day delivery, which theyre workin on, and one healthy, kick ass promotion from burying that company.
Old 01-23-13, 08:39 AM

Will this work with a Debt Mastercard or does it have to be a credit card ?
Old 01-23-13, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdfreak2005
Will this work with a Debt Mastercard or does it have to be a credit card ?
No, since it turned out the coupon was only good on Monday.
Old 01-23-13, 09:07 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Amazing how they could screw it up so bad. Wrong date(s), wrong wording, wrong exclusions.... Someone's getting fired.

By the time I got off work Monday my local stores (I drive by 6 on my commute) had partially fixed it, with signs on the doors and cashiers ready to deny it. I was able to purchase a couple of $100 fitness items for half price though.
Old 01-23-13, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Actually, I think somebody's getting promoted. Just when you think Best Buy cannot come up with a more horrible fail coupon/promotion...they always surprise me with their explanations.
Old 01-23-13, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just received this a short time ago from Best Buy. Are they sending these emails to everyone? I'm not sure why I got this since I never received the coupon from them, or ever used my MasterCard at Best Buy.

Earlier this week, you and other select customers received a special promotion from Best Buy that was connected to your MasterCard®. That targeted coupon was inaccurate and sent in error. The offer is no longer valid. We sincerely apologize for the mistake and any inconvenience we have caused you. We hope to serve you better in the future.

Thank you,
Lisa Smith

Vice President
Best Buy Customer Care
Old 01-23-13, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
There is pain.

And then there is...

Manzana Pain.
Sorry, but that is just f'ing funny.
Old 01-23-13, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Unreal. What's the point of the promotion when all it does is piss off their customers?
Old 01-23-13, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
Unreal. What's the point of the promotion when all it does is piss off their customers?
you know what they say, any publicity is good publicity. i guess that holds true even if you are on the brink of going out of business.
Old 01-23-13, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Anybody remember when Wal-Mart had some thing screwy with the Iron Man or Iron Man 2 BD pre-order... and then gave everyone a GC for their troubles to use towards the BD or anything else.. and most everyone just used it for something else and bought IM somewhere else... that was bad.. and publicity as well..

btw.. I got the same apology email... I do use my MC at BBY .... but never got the original email..
Old 01-23-13, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
Anybody remember when Wal-Mart had some thing screwy with the Iron Man or Iron Man 2 BD pre-order... and then gave everyone a GC for their troubles to use towards the BD or anything else.. and most everyone just used it for something else and bought IM somewhere else... that was bad.. and publicity as well..

btw.. I got the same apology email... I do use my MC at BBY .... but never got the original email..
I got in on that IM2 fiasco. If I remember correctly, they had a price mistake on the IM2 BD and decided to cancel all the orders. After a bunch of ppl(cough, cough SD'ers) raised a stink about it, they decided to send out e-giftcards($10 I think).

I did not complain, I just took it as another pricing error and moved on. But I did receive the e-gc and used it on IM2 as I had planned on purchasing it anyway.

In this day and age, BBY should have known better than to send out generic codes. If they can send out unique RZ cert. codes to select members during the holidays(and throughout the year also), there is no excuse why they could not have done it with this.
Old 01-24-13, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Just received this a short time ago from Best Buy. Are they sending these emails to everyone? I'm not sure why I got this since I never received the coupon from them, or ever used my MasterCard at Best Buy.
I got the same email, and what a joke it was considering how late it was. By now everyone already knows they screwed up and denied some people who received the coupon (like me) from using it even one time. Not to mention those (few) of us who still work in this country are at a disadvantage because we're stuck at work while everyone else is cleaning out the stores.

When they recently canceled a BestDeny.com backorder, they sent me a $10 digital coupon in email immediately without having to ask for it. When they royally screwed up here, they sent nothing but a useless apology letter with no coupons attached. Only by calling corporate and taking a long time to complain did they give me a $25 GC (reluctantly). The way I look at it is it's like on Monday they said "we invite you to our stores for $50 off" so I go there and figuratively get punched in the teeth, then 3 days later they send a "we're sorry for punching you in the teeth" email. Sorry, it has 0 effect or impact on me. Had they attached at least a $10 off coupon or something, it would've had a little impact. Money talks and BS walks. I can just hear Arnold say "how can BS walk?" No biggie, this experience just means I've moved from almost slightly positive about Best Deny back to negative mode. Manzana negative on Best Deny... oh no!
Old 01-24-13, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

aaa
Old 01-24-13, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I got the same email, and what a joke it was considering how late it was. By now everyone already knows they screwed up and denied some people who received the coupon (like me) from using it even one time. Not to mention those (few) of us who still work in this country are at a disadvantage because we're stuck at work while everyone else is cleaning out the stores.

When they recently canceled a BestDeny.com backorder, they sent me a $10 digital coupon in email immediately without having to ask for it. When they royally screwed up here, they sent nothing but a useless apology letter with no coupons attached. Only by calling corporate and taking a long time to complain did they give me a $25 GC (reluctantly). The way I look at it is it's like on Monday they said "we invite you to our stores for $50 off" so I go there and figuratively get punched in the teeth, then 3 days later they send a "we're sorry for punching you in the teeth" email. Sorry, it has 0 effect or impact on me. Had they attached at least a $10 off coupon or something, it would've had a little impact. Money talks and BS walks. I can just hear Arnold say "how can BS walk?" No biggie, this experience just means I've moved from almost slightly positive about Best Deny back to negative mode. Manzana negative on Best Deny... oh no!
And yet you continue to keep shopping there.
Old 01-24-13, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When they recently canceled a BestDeny.com backorder, they sent me a $10 digital coupon in email immediately without having to ask for it. When they royally screwed up here, they sent nothing but a useless apology letter with no coupons attached.
Big difference here. The number of canceled backorders likely did not exceed 100 people, so they didn't give away much money. The number of coupon emails sent were in the thousands, or tens of thousands. The monetary loss would be much greater. Lets not forget BB is not doing well financially. They can't afford to give away free money like they used to. They lost a LOT of money with this coupon fiasco, and I'd be shocked if someone didn't lose their job over it. It's not like they were just selling merchandise at 50% off. They were selling Amazon cards at 50%, which they don't make much money off of. To make matters worse, the buyers will then be making their purchases at Amazon for the foreseeable future, thus taking aware potential business at BB. I will be shocked if BB continues to sell Amazon cards. I bet they stop selling them very soon, just like Target did.
Old 01-24-13, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Stupid mistake with this coupon. No excuse for the screw up. I'm sure someone was fired for it.

That being said, shame on those who tried exploiting it, especially the person who bought over $2,000 in Amazon gift cards.
Old 01-24-13, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Another one here who got the "Explanation Email" but never got the orginal email. Oh well, would have been a good deal and I have a Mastercard.
Old 01-24-13, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Tarantino
Stupid mistake with this coupon. No excuse for the screw up. I'm sure someone was fired for it.

That being said, shame on those who tried exploiting it, especially the person who bought over $2,000 in Amazon gift cards.
But they justified it by saying that they had just had a baby, and formula and diapers are expensive.
Old 01-24-13, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I hate Breast Bi, and will always shop there again!
Old 01-24-13, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Tarantino

You know, usually I really look down on people who exploit a loophole and I initially did the same here. Then I realized that this one wasn't really a loophole. Best Buy sent a coupon that let customers buy gift cards for 50% off and didn't limit it to one per person. Using it to buy $2,000 in Amazon credit isn't exploiting anything. If it was something where someone discovered a bug on their website or some other 'trick', it'd be pretty easy to fault someone for taking advantage. When a store basically says, 'here, have some free money', I fault the store, not the people who choose to take them up on it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.