DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Re: Earn 25 Best Buy RZ reward points per day minimum using Facebook

lolz
Old 04-01-13, 07:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received a $10 bonus cert yesterday too.

Mine has an expiration 0f 7/27/2013

Maybe they're changing the expiration on these...
Old 04-01-13, 08:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wildman1037
I received a $10 bonus cert yesterday too.

Mine has an expiration 0f 7/27/2013

Maybe they're changing the expiration on these...
That is probably your 500 bonus points clearing
Old 04-01-13, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SethDLH
That is probably your 500 bonus points clearing
You may be right....

If that's the case, I didn't get the bonus $10 that everyone is talking about.
Old 04-01-13, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts

I have an old Reward Zone account that I basically forgot about. I never use it. I received the $10 bonus on that account a couple of weeks ago but didn't receive the bonus on my active account.
Old 04-01-13, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw at Cheap Ass Gamer y'day a thread about people getting a $10 RZ cert that expired today so I checked my account and found I had $10 coming, but because of a 500 pt. "Facebook member bonus" or some such on a B1G1 purchase from a couple of weeks ago. This morning, I had an email about a $10 cert being cut which expires in October sometime. OK.
Old 04-01-13, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since I once again didn't receive the random certificate, I called and they just added one to my account. I would love to know why some of us never get one of these. Sure, it may be random, but it doesn't seem so random when some people seem to always get one and others like myself never get one.
Old 04-01-13, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
Because the coupon expires tomorrow, and a typical Best Buy Rep will say, "Well, the coupon expires today so I couldn't give you one if I wanted to."
Not true. I just called. It takes 5 minutes - they always issue a cert no questions asked. I got one. I just simply said there was a $10 coupon issued this weekend and I didn't receive one. Got it instantly, and its good for 3 months! IF you have a quick second, make the call.
Old 04-01-13, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also not true. I never get these surprise certificates, and on your advice, called. Instead of getting a certificate - which, did I mention, I never get - she told me it was a one-time, today-only bonus since the stores were closed yesterday that could only be used by placing an order over the phone and asking for it to be applied to it. No issuing a cert, you had to do it that minute that day on the phone with a "premier silver representative". I must have killed a Bestbilderburger in a past life or something.
Old 04-01-13, 03:16 PM

I called and they told me they could not reissue the cert. They also told me it expired at 12am this morning (which contradicts the fine print on the cert). She said she could help me process the order online since she 'understood it was confusing' but I'm going to try the store regardless of what she says.
Old 04-01-13, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wildman1037
You may be right....

If that's the case, I didn't get the bonus $10 that everyone is talking about.
Neither did I. I never get these bonus certificates and it sucks.
Old 04-01-13, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Blu Soul
anyone else not getting their Silver bonus points? I stopped getting them a month ago for no reason
Maybe you're not Premier Silver anymore? Premier Silver expires at the end of Feb. each year (if you didn't requalify).

Originally Posted by hariseldon
I did notice one of my recent purchases didn't have the extra 25%.

Going back through my purchases it actually started with the 3/16 ZDT Order where I got the 100+500 bonus and now my last 3 since then haven't had any extra points -- of course all of those are still in pending stage so maybe when it posts the extra point will add on.
Yes, the 25% Silver bonus doesn't show up until the points post permanently to your account.
Old 04-02-13, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Todd B.
Yes, the 25% Silver bonus doesn't show up until the points post permanently to your account.
Sorry to be late to the party... what is this 25% Silver bonus people are talking about? I went back a few pages and didn't see any posts with any context. Was it a one-time coupon or were certain Silver members getting 25% bonus points automatically on all of their purchases for a certain time period?

I sure missed hearing about this.
Old 04-02-13, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

25% bonus is one of the standard benefits of Silver. You get it on all your purchases.
Old 04-02-13, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Maxflier
25% bonus is one of the standard benefits of Silver.
One of the FEW remaining benefits. Remember when we used to get Napster and CinemaNow credits? And coupons?

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/silver/benefits
Old 04-03-13, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B.
One of the FEW remaining benefits. Remember when we used to get Napster and CinemaNow credits? And coupons?

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/silver/benefits
Sadly.. yes... and a longer return window (60 day) as well...
Old 04-03-13, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by b2net
Sadly.. yes... and a longer return window (60 day) as well...
which a BBY CSR told me is going to go to 30 days soon.

Standard return policy is now 15 days for non-Silver members.
Old 04-04-13, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
which a BBY CSR told me is going to go to 30 days soon.

Standard return policy is now 15 days for non-Silver members.
Thanks for the info. In my mind, was there ever any doubt they'd eventually reduce the RZ Silver return period from 60 to 30 days? I just had hoped it wouldn't happen so soon considering they just did a bunch of time reductions for the worse (for the customers). 60 days is close enough to Target's (and Walmart's) 90 days that I can live with it. 30 days isn't long enough, so that'll further push me to alternatives (i.e. PM at Target or Walmart whenever possible) if they exist as long as those stores still have longer return periods. I'd rather forego the tiny RZ points and have a 90 day return policy at another store because price drops frequently occur within 90 days and I like to have the option to return/rebuy as long as possible.

And I wonder how long until BB reduces everyone's return period to 15 days and then takes away the post-PM policy completely? And maybe reduce RZ rewards further, like $5 for every 500 points, and then expire certificates sooner, etc. etc. One constant at BB (besides poor communication among its various divisions) is their bean counters are always looking for ways to save the company a little here and there by shaving benefits and promotions. They keep whittling away over time until they ruin every good promo or benefit there was. They're going to save themselves on the next U&S by having reduced their BD inventories at stores substantially. I think we'll mostly be forced to use Express Lane for everything. Then it's just a matter of time until BB restricts the Express Lane so it can't be used for U&S and PMs. I knew they'd reduce and/or phase out the Facebook polls until they aren't worth doing (I haven't seen a poll greater than 20 points for at least 2 weeks which was the last time I bothered). Nothing is a surprise or out of the question with BB. End of mini-rant.
Old 04-04-13, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How is a 30 day return policy not enough time? A month is more than enough time to find out that something doesn't work. If you're returning something because it's a cheaper price elsewhere, then you obviously weren't comfortable with the original price.

I don't think I've ever done a price reduction or whatever at a store.
Old 04-05-13, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Shagrath
How is a 30 day return policy not enough time? A month is more than enough time to find out that something doesn't work. If you're returning something because it's a cheaper price elsewhere, then you obviously weren't comfortable with the original price.

I don't think I've ever done a price reduction or whatever at a store.
I'm talking price only. Being "comfortable" with the price is very subjective, so I like as long as possible in case price drops occur (which happen frequently). When/if I have the choice between Target or Walmart @ 90 days vs. BB which will soon be 30 days for Silver, unless BB has some promo on top of it that I can't get at Target or Walmart, I'll pick the latter stores just for an extra 60 days of price protection. Right now at 90 days vs. 60 days, it's less of an issue. Sorry, I'm just a deal shopper by nature.
Old 04-05-13, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Sorry, I'm just a deal shopper by nature.
I absolutely am as well. I'll order something from a different website that's $1 cheaper, even if I have to wait two weeks longer to get the item. I don't go "shit, if I had waited a week, I could've saved $3" when I see a new ad. If I liked a movie enough to pay say, $18 for the blu-ray on release week, then it was worth $18.

Maybe your situation is different, and that $3 is the difference between being able to pay the rent or being out on the street. I don't know.
Old 04-05-13, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Target's red card gives you 120 days. So one could potentially keep re-buying and returning the same item every 4 months until Black Friday comes around, when the item will likely reach it's lowest point somewhere. I don't do this. But if somebody is hell-bent on getting the lowest price, that'll do it...
Old 04-05-13, 02:02 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Target's red card gives you 120 days. So one could potentially keep re-buying and returning the same item every 4 months until Black Friday comes around, when the item will likely reach it's lowest point somewhere. I don't do this. But if somebody is hell-bent on getting the lowest price, that'll do it...
Wow, I wish I knew that earlier. I buy everything there with my red card, and just opened a few things that were barely past 90 days that I would have possibly returned.

If Best Buy loses the 60 day return window I'll move more of my purchases to Target.
Old 04-05-13, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Trevor
Wow, I wish I knew that earlier. I buy everything there with my red card, and just opened a few things that were barely past 90 days that I would have possibly returned.

If Best Buy loses the 60 day return window I'll move more of my purchases to Target.
They just started doing that this year... They put signs up for it by customer service right after Christmas, but they haven't advertised it very well...
Old 04-05-13, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Jeez, it's just an unsubstantiated rumor at this point.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.