Reload this Page >

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-17, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Humanoids From the Deep 11.98 (But only for the much dreaded Prime Member Only exclusive).

https://www.amazon.com/Humanoids-Rog...e+deep+blu-ray
Old 07-18-17, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

https://www.amazon.com/Prison-Break-...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Prison Break complete series BD box set is $60 now.

It also includes the recent 9 episode 5th season.
Old 07-18-17, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Fist Fight $10
Live By Night $10
Nocturnal Animals $9.99
ChiPs $10
Split $12.99
Old 07-18-17, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

John Cassavetes: Five Films CC - $60.02 for prime members
Old 07-18-17, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 616 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by davidlynchfan
Humanoids From the Deep 11.98 (But only for the much dreaded Prime Member Only exclusive)
Matching Walmart, no membership required.
Old 07-19-17, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Safety Last! CC is $17.01
Old 07-19-17, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian T
Matching Walmart, no membership required.
True, but you have to use the horrible pick up in the store option. It's a royal pain here taking upwards of 5 minutes (I've waited over 20 at one store), plus the trip to/from the store. Amazon ships to my house for a 30 second walk to/from the mailbox. Walmart is a minimum 30 minute ordeal.
Old 07-19-17, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 616 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
True, but you have to use the horrible pick up in the store option. It's a royal pain here taking upwards of 5 minutes (I've waited over 20 at one store), plus the trip to/from the store. Amazon ships to my house for a 30 second walk to/from the mailbox. Walmart is a minimum 30 minute ordeal.
Obviously everyone's experience will be different. Walmart seems to run the gamut.

Apart from the very first time I tried it a few years back, I simply haven't had this horrible experience with the pickup that so many people report, and the U.S. store I use is hardly in an area where I'd say the locals demand elevated service. In fact, it's actually improved in the past year or so, because items I've ordered -- mostly DVDs and Blu-rays -- are now placed on shelves right behind the counter, so no need to wait while some dimbulb staffer hunts for it in the warehouse, and lately no need to even wait for the staff when I hit their little buzzer thing; they're either there already, or show up in a couple of minutes. I'm sure that's an isolated experience, or possibly just luck based on the day and time I visit, but if it's the norm, then other stores could learn from it, apparently. And since I see no shame in admitting I shop at Walmart on an regular basis -- on both sides of the border -- it's time I would've spent there anyway.

Amazon restricting these deals that can be had by anyone elsewhere just makes them look kinda stingy.

A side note about Prime for some shoppers like me: I also monitor my well-stocked Amazon cart and "saved for later" stuff fairly regularly, and with the exception of these Walmart price matches in recent months, the sudden "Prime only" prices are actually available to us hoi polloi either before they go behind the Prime wall, or afterwards, eventually. And admittedly, you sometimes have to be quick to nab the earlier drops. But since, like pretty much everybody here, I've got mountains of unwatched movies, I'm in no rush to pay additional money just to get the same discounts and faster shipping (and I say that as someone who blows thousands of bucks a year on movies from Amazon, lest anyone think I'm a Walmart cheerleader )

But I'm no luddite, either! A lot of what I order goes to my home address.

Last edited by Brian T; 07-19-17 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-19-17, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too recently tried this Walmart pickup process because of the discounts. It could not have gone smoother. Took me longer to walk from where I parked in the lot to the counter than it took for the guy to retrieve my package and complete the transaction. I'll be definitely using that option in the future if they keep they keep offering in-store pick-up discounts.
Old 07-19-17, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
To bring thread back on track....

John Wayne Collection (Fox): $18.52 (it was $18.44 a couple of weeks ago, if I recall - still substantial savings over individual title purchase)
https://www.amazon.com/John-Wayne-Fi.../dp/B00IYRLUEG

Guess who's coming to Dinner (Sony Digibook): $8.79
https://www.amazon.com/Guess-Whos-Co.../dp/B01MQPXDVF

The Boy Friend (WAC): $10.27 (matching Walmart)
https://www.amazon.com/The-Boy-Frien.../dp/B01LTI28XS
if you had been waiting to pick up 'The Boy Friend' (WAC), Warehousedeals has a Used, Like New' but factory sealed for $8.73

And the John Wayne collection is now $18.24
Old 07-19-17, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Lego Batman Movie, The (2017) BD [Blu-ray] - $15 at Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Lego-Batman-M...c59e3f4e020INT
Old 07-20-17, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

This has nothing do do with Film.... but I just had an interesting experience regarding the Walmart vs: Amazon price wars. I recently bought some food on Amazon from a 3rd party seller named "Global Supplies". The item came very quickly; in full WALMART pacaging; including a Walmart shipping label (Walmart being the return address) & Walmart sealing tape. I.E. Global Supplies IS likely really WALMART. The price on Amazon was lower than the price I also paid for the same item on Walmart.com a couple weeks ago. In the 5 days since I ordered it, Amazon is now selling the product (same link), it is Prime only, & it is $4 more expensive. interesting at minimum!

It's possible this was a drop ship; but why would the price be over 30% lower than direct from Walmart with a 3rd party involved? "Global Supplies" is still on Amazon, but not longer selling this product. Originally they were the only seller on this listing, now their are several; with Amazon Prime only being the lowest priced.
Old 07-20-17, 05:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
This has nothing do do with Film.... but I just had an interesting experience regarding the Walmart vs: Amazon price wars. I recently bought some food on Amazon from a 3rd party seller named "Global Supplies". The item came very quickly; in full WALMART pacaging; including a Walmart shipping label (Walmart being the return address) & Walmart sealing tape. I.E. Global Supplies IS likely really WALMART. The price on Amazon was lower than the price I also paid for the same item on Walmart.com a couple weeks ago. In the 5 days since I ordered it, Amazon is now selling the product (same link), it is Prime only, & it is $4 more expensive. interesting at minimum!
It's possibly stolen Walmart merchandise. There is a lucrative, organized criminal market for stolen Walmart merchandise. They usually have workers on the inside. Entire Walmart shipments in trucks have disappeared. Then it shows up on outside vendors.
Old 07-20-17, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Wow.

"Global Supplies" carries a lot of products on Amazon. This item is not sold in Walmart Stores; it would have had to be stolen from a Walmart warehouse.

The other thing is per the shipping label, it was shipped directly from Arkansas Walmart to me.
Old 07-20-17, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,885 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
It's possibly stolen Walmart merchandise. There is a lucrative, organized criminal market for stolen Walmart merchandise. They usually have workers on the inside. Entire Walmart shipments in trucks have disappeared. Then it shows up on outside vendors.
Not long ago I bought the Games of Thrones Target exclusive blu-ray from eBay. It was a brand new, sealed boxed set with the digital code. I bought it for about twenty dollars and free shipping with buy it now, which is considerably less than what it sold for. The seller had more copies of the GoT set and several other store exclusive blu-rays for sale.

I wondered at the time if it "fell off of a truck."
Old 07-21-17, 06:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
The other thing is per the shipping label, it was shipped directly from Arkansas Walmart to me.
This was likely fraud. If Global Supplies is a new seller, then it was setup for the express purpose of using stolen credit card information to purchase and drop-ship merchandise from legitimate retailers to unwitting buyers like you. The charges will eventually be reversed when the stolen credit card owners dispute the charges, and Walmart will take a loss.

If it was an established seller (particularly one that might have been dormant), then the account was likely hijacked, used as above, and the payout information changed.
Old 07-21-17, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 249 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Not long ago I bought the Games of Thrones Target exclusive blu-ray from eBay. It was a brand new, sealed boxed set with the digital code. I bought it for about twenty dollars and free shipping with buy it now, which is considerably less than what it sold for. The seller had more copies of the GoT set and several other store exclusive blu-rays for sale.

I wondered at the time if it "fell off of a truck."
Freight salvage places like Cargo Largo get a lot of excess and damaged stock from retailers. Including exclusive editions and steelbooks. They are savvy as to what is choice stuff and sell online at Amazon and ebay.

I don't know what the official guidelines are for "damaged", but if something happens to a case of product they just sell off the whole case as damaged without opening it. Any that have actual damage end up in the stores for $5. The undamaged ends up on Amazon or ebay.

I've seen all kinds of steelbooks at Cargo Largo with dings in them for $5.
Old 07-21-17, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember when this was an Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray thread.
Old 07-21-17, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Resident Evil: Final Chapter is down to $12.99
Old 07-21-17, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ladyhawke seems to be starting another downward price cycle:

Ladyhawke $10.69 (Prime)

[Perhaps reflecting the Walmart price of $13.98 - $3.50 = $10.48 for store pickup.]
Old 07-21-17, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by lizard
Ladyhawke seems to be starting another downward price cycle:

Ladyhawke $10.69 (Prime)

[Perhaps reflecting the Walmart price of $13.98 - $3.50 = $10.48 for store pickup.]
Well... looks like this time I should have purchased from WM. At least they'll give you an adjustment if the price of an item drops below what you paid. You have until the return window expires to do this. That window is usually 90 days.
Old 07-21-17, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

The Yakuza(1975) $10.27

Gone Girl Blu-ray $9.59
I picked this one up from A pawn shop.The slip box is not metal but cardboard + comic.

https://www.amazon.com/Gone-Girl-Blu...ords=gone+girl
Old 07-22-17, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

I was buying a movie and I just encountered a never before seen (by me anyway) useless Amazon Credit for No-Rush Shipping: $10 off furniture, mattresses, and area rugs. I'm sure that, like Pantry credits, I won't get digital credits anymore until I take the furniture credit. Rather an anti-deal if you ask me.
Old 07-22-17, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts

luckily you can get some area rugs for around $10...

Last edited by Music; 07-22-17 at 07:57 PM.
Old 07-22-17, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Music
luckily you can't get some area rugs for around $10...
I have even less use for area rugs than I do for Prime Pantry.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.