Reload this Page >

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TheBang
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only like the Welcome Package. Also remember that any preliminary codes are just that and BN could pull it, change the details or exclusions anything prior to release so always a bit of YMMV until the final release date

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc. There are glitches where sometimes an excluded item will be allowed but assume that is the exception to the rule
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Max 3 GC on a single online order.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order
Return period is 14 days after delivery (possibly 30 days for members though I've never tried)
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept
The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016

STORE ONLY 15% OFF Coupons -- Unknown if multi-use or if will work on 40% Off Items
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (I)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 12/31/2017 (II)
15% OFF Single Item Exp 6/30/2017 (III) -- possibly a Member Only Code

NOTBORING (thanks logboy)
15% Off Single Item online -- unknown exp
appears to be one time use, but please report if it works more than once

15% Off Single Item
OFFERS15
GROUPON15
RMN15
CABIN15
Expiration 6/28 -not sure if 6/28 or 6/29 2:59am ET though I suspect the latter

ONLINE CODES
ALL BELOW CODES ARE EXPIRED 5/23
25% off single item
None

20% Off Online Single Item
None

15% off One Item Online --
None

Upcoming possible codes -- let me know if you find they;re active

Finally hooked up with new coupons. With the coupon reset and possible new coupon policy, all bets are off on one-time vs multiuse online or instore. Note a few new variations for the first time since 2010 or so
"New Member" Welcome Coupons ONLINE ONLY EXPIRES ONLINE August 28, 2017 2:59am ET -- these should be one-time use per member online
M9A8N4E $10 off $40+ "Home & Gift" Single Item
R9M3X8V $5 off $20+ Toy or Game Single Item
Y9V3W9J $15 off Any Turntable
U7A4V4M $5 off Vinyl LP (THIS DOESN'T APPEAR TO WORK ON CDs)
U3F7K3D $5 off $50 or more total Purchase
C3M9W9M $5 off one DVD/Blu-ray priced $10 or higher (SO FAR I HAVEN'T GOTTEN THIS TO WORK FOR ANY ITEM)

"New Member" Printable IN-STORE MEMBER ONLY Coupons Expire end of business August 27, 2017
In store Free Tall Caffé Latte with Any Café Purchase
In store $15 Off One Turntable
In store $5 Off One Vinyl LP
In Store $5 Off One DVD/Blu-ray price of $10+
In store $5 off $50 Total Transaction
Print Wikipost

Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-17, 06:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Amazon discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Amazon won for me as well. The local store has neither title in stock and the pair doesn't cost enough to get "free" shipping. I have Prime. Each ordered separately with slow shipping for another $2 in "digital credits" I've been using to "purchase" digital copies of Warner Archive titles. For the past couple of years I've more than paid for my Prime membership this way.
The $1 credit was nice... picked up a lot of kindle books that way. All I seem to get recently though is the $5 pantry deal which is less attractive/useful
Old 04-06-17, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Apparently matching Walmart The Flash Season 2 $15.96

https://www.amazon.com/The-Flash-The...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Old 04-06-17, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattysemo247
BBC's Frozen Planet is $9.99. Finally low enough for me to bite.
Do you have a link for this? Couldn't find it. Thanks.
Old 04-06-17, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks like it's currently sold out at Amazon since they are no longer listed as a seller
Old 04-08-17, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

CS is really sucking. I placed an order on 4/2. Delivery date is listed as 4/10 - 4/14.

It hasn't shipped yet. They billed my card for 2 of the items, & then refunded it with no explanation.

This is the 2nd order in a row that CS has messed up. I spent over 2 hours on the phone + emails getting them to correct their mistakes on my last large order.

One of the 3 items may have been a mis-price; so someone who's an Amazon expert suggested I wait as long as possible to complain in hope of avoiding cancellation.

Amazon is becoming less & less of a go to for me; with the mess ups, sales tax & 3rd party sellers aren't allowed to combine orders to save on shipping.
Old 04-09-17, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

The swift collapse in brick-and-mortar stores across the country practically ensures Amazon's shopping monopoly for the next generation. Monopolies aren't known for their service or attention to detail on the micro level.

So get used to it.
Old 04-09-17, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
CS is really sucking. I placed an order on 4/2. Delivery date is listed as 4/10 - 4/14.

It hasn't shipped yet. They billed my card for 2 of the items, & then refunded it with no explanation.

This is the 2nd order in a row that CS has messed up. I spent over 2 hours on the phone + emails getting them to correct their mistakes on my last large order.

One of the 3 items may have been a mis-price; so someone who's an Amazon expert suggested I wait as long as possible to complain in hope of avoiding cancellation.

Amazon is becoming less & less of a go to for me; with the mess ups, sales tax 3rd party sellers aren't allowed to combine orders to save on shipping.
Just speculating here and it may not be what's happening with your order - just going with past experience.

If it's not a Prime 2-Day order (i.e. Prime with "slow" shipping or "Free shipping w/$35+"), the "Combine items for shipping" box was selected, and one, or more, items are temporarily OOS you can see such activity. They'll hold a "combine" order at times while they move one, or more, of the items between warehouses so the order will ship in a single box (which I find odd considering their proclivity to shipping Subscribe & Save items, even "Add on" ones, in individual boxes regularly rather than the entire order in one).

I believe that they'll oversell "regular stock" items and ship the 2-Day orders first, which can cause those who opted for slower shipping, or are not Prime members, to be moved back in the queue and the product will go OOS before it ships causing a shipping delay. I've apparently had this happen frequently with items sitting in "Shipping soon" for days. In almost all occasions in which this had occurred, the item will show OOS on the product page but still allow a order. At the time I placed the order, no such notice was on the page.

I've had apparent "price mistake" items, or other items which are proving difficult to restock, hold a order for days before it's finally broken out and the rest shipped. I've had those same "price mistake" orders take months to fill. Just the mistake part - the rest typically ships within a week or two. One such order took over 6 months for the BO item to finally ship.

I agree with your expert. Just be patient.

As far as MP vendors not being able to combine orders, they can if they choose, although not in a way we would prefer. The vendor CheesyFlix will refund excess shipping if you place a larger order. They'll refund costs outside what it actually took to ship the items - at least that's what they told me when I enquired about doing that, based on a comment from someone who'd placed a order of several items. I've not ordered to find out but had been looking at 6+ items, the shipping was more than the product and that caused me to reconsider. I've enquired of others to be told "No, we do not offer that."

I, too, would like to see MP shipping costs automatically adjusted when more than one item is ordered from the same vendor.

What I do for some of those vendors is see if they have a site outside Amazon and just order it direct. That depends on seller feedback and if I've placed several positive orders from the vendor. Some vendors, Second Spin and Movie Mars, frequently have their items on their own sites for the same price as Amazon but with lower shipping for multiple items. Second Spin is a flat $3.99 per order (USPS w/no tracking) while Movie Mars is free for domestic orders (with tracking no less).
Old 04-09-17, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They're shipping 1 of the 3 items today. They charged my account for 2 of the 3. Very frustrating
Old 04-09-17, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While I'm not fond of ebay either, they do allow sellers to combine shipping when placing the order.
Old 04-11-17, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The DVD & CD Box from my April 2nd Order Still haven't shipped. I have been charged for the entire order.

The cd box was a "fullfilled by Amazon".

I wonder if it has anything to do with this article from SANS PC Security Newsletter,

"Hackers Target Amazon Third-Party Sellers
(April 10, 2017)

Attackers have been targeting third-party sellers on Amazon, changing bank account deposit information and offering too-good-to-be-true deals on items that are never delivered. The attack appears to be using account credentials stolen from other accounts. The phony offers are being made from accounts that have been dormant.

Editor's Note

[William Hugh Murray]
While Amazon does offer a strong authentication option, it is fairly recent, one has to know about it and look for it, and it would not likely be enabled on dormant accounts. Dormant accounts are a problem in any case and a program to identify and deactivate them is a good idea.

Read more in:
- https://www.wsj.com: Amazon's Third-Party Sellers Hit By Hackers"
Old 04-12-17, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
Just speculating here and it may not be what's happening with your order - just going with past experience.

I believe that they'll oversell "regular stock" items and ship the 2-Day orders first, which can cause those who opted for slower shipping, or are not Prime members, to be moved back in the queue and the product will go OOS before it ships causing a shipping delay. I've apparently had this happen frequently with items sitting in "Shipping soon" for days. In almost all occasions in which this had occurred, the item will show OOS on the product page but still allow a order. At the time I placed the order, no such notice was on the page.
A friend who ordered at least 4 days later than I has received his blu-ray, & mine still hasn't shipped (the page now says "ships within 1-3 weeks"). I just emailed him; I am very curious to see if he has Prime; which would prove your theory.
Old 04-12-17, 08:06 AM

(April 10, 2017)

Attackers have been targeting third-party sellers on Amazon...
They also set up new accounts "Just Launched" with too good to be true prices on popular items, collect the money, never ship, and disappear. Although the customer gets the money back from Amazon, Amazon loses, then raises prices, and makes it harder to sell on Amazon. In the end we the customers and honest third party sellers pay for the frauds.
Old 04-12-17, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts

Originally Posted by Andras
They also set up new accounts "Just Launched" with too good to be true prices on popular items, collect the money, never ship, and disappear. Although the customer gets the money back from Amazon, Amazon loses, then raises prices, and makes it harder to sell on Amazon. In the end we the customers and honest third party sellers pay for the frauds.
Interesting. I recently bought a John Byrne Omnibus for a crazy low price and they stated it has shipped. I guess we shall see.

It was also from a "Just Launched" seller and every book they were selling was marked $8. I just assumed it was either a liquidation or a promotion thru Amazon for the crazy price.

I have gotten other stuff from third party sellers before at crazy low prices due to camelcamelcamel notifying me and have actually received the products (but those buys came from established sellers despite the low prices).

For what it is worth, it does say shipped and gives the carrier as EMS w/ a tracking # similar looking to UPS but with more letters. Anyone heard of EMS?
Old 04-12-17, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Andras
This, and it's a free way to collect verified addresses and personal information for thousands of people at a time.

Be very wary about ordering from sellers with no feedback.
Old 04-12-17, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by buckeyes8604
This, and it's a free way to collect verified addresses and personal information for thousands of people at a time.

Be very wary about ordering from sellers with no feedback.
The next day my PayPal account was hijacked. They must have used my email, postal address, and other info to accomplish that. Thanks for the hint. I didn't make the connection. I paid with another CC, not PayPal for the Amazon purchase.
Old 04-12-17, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Interesting. I recently bought a John Byrne Omnibus for a crazy low price and they stated it has shipped. I guess we shall see.
Check if the tracking number works and shows progress of shipment. If it's a fraud, the tracking number will be fake.
Old 04-12-17, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

These people and Elizabeth from Cardholder Services need to be dealt with.
Old 04-13-17, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The DVD & CD Box from my April 2nd Order Still haven't shipped. I have been charged for the entire order.

The cd box was a "fullfilled by Amazon".

I wonder if it has anything to do with this article from SANS PC Security Newsletter,

(April 10, 2017)

Attackers have been targeting third-party sellers on Amazon, changing bank account deposit information and offering too-good-to-be-true deals on items that are never delivered. The attack appears to be using account credentials stolen from other accounts. The phony offers are being made from accounts that have been dormant.

Editor's Note

[William Hugh Murray]
While Amazon does offer a strong authentication option, it is fairly recent, one has to know about it and look for it, and it would not likely be enabled on dormant accounts. Dormant accounts are a problem in any case and a program to identify and deactivate them is a good idea.

Read more in:
- https://www.wsj.com: Amazon's Third-Party Sellers Hit By Hackers"
They both shipped today (10 days after placing the order). I don't know if the cd box was part of this; but I saved over $100.
Old 04-13-17, 12:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It would seem the next step if Amazon doesn't tighten their security is for the hackers to get all the stored credit card #'s for one click. What a nightmare that would be for everyone.
Old 04-14-17, 07:11 AM

Received 4,579 Likes on 3,099 Posts

Fast & Furious: The Ultimate Ride Collection - $27.99
https://www.amazon.com/Fast-Furious-...llection&psc=1
Old 04-14-17, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

That's an awesome deal if you don't already own the movies.

But, seems silly that they keep putting out a new collection after every new movie. And they'll probably put out another one after 8 is released on BD.
Old 04-14-17, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

After $20 in digital credits for using the slow shipping from Amazon, I'm getting this offer now:

Choose FREE No-Rush Shipping and we’ll automatically apply a $3 promotional reward to spend on Happy Belly snacks to your account once your order ships.
WTF??
Old 04-14-17, 08:09 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

Holy shit, Happy Belly snacks. I want to be you - or at the very least I want your Amazon account. Dat savings.
Old 04-14-17, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
That's an awesome deal if you don't already own the movies.

But, seems silly that they keep putting out a new collection after every new movie. And they'll probably put out another one after 8 is released on BD.
I want to eventually but the complete movie series but I'll wait until 10. Definitely not rebuying.
Old 04-14-17, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Thought about it but the packaging has me worried.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.