Reload this Page >

Dollar Tree BLU Rays!

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Dollar Tree BLU Rays!

Old 10-28-12, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Dollar Tree BLU Rays!

I wish the Mill Creek GAMERAs were a buck each. I heard those are pretty entertaining.
Old 10-28-12, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I snagged all of the BDs I didn't have at my DT store. I called each day until they said they had put them out. There were plenty of each, but I didn't dare wait because who knows how long they'll last.

I looked at the DVD section which I had a few new titles, and I saw Zuma's Revenge PC by PopCap for $1. I really like that game and suggest that anyone going to DT should look for it.
Old 10-28-12, 05:53 PM

Picked up

The Tie That Binds
The War at home
Consenting Adults
An Innocent Man
Disorganized Crime
Last Dance
Play It to the Bone
My father the hero
Miami Rhapsody
Betsys Wedding
Scenes from a Mall
Old 10-28-12, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts

Checked my local DT tonight. No BDs anywhere. Still dozens of copies of The Dog Whisperer on DVD.
Old 10-28-12, 09:03 PM

I looked at my Dollar Tree on Friday night and there were no blu-rays. Today, Sunday, they were out. They had many but not all of the ones posted here. Mine were in the "electronics" aisle, crammed in a shelf that was nearly impossible to browse. I bought a few; all I looked at were very bare-bones disks with no featurettes. But for $1.00, I can't complain.
Old 10-28-12, 11:05 PM
Cool New Member

Just picked up most of the ones posted at my store. Thought it was a bust until I spotted them on the endcap by the register. Got a few I haven't seen but for $1 they might be worth it!
Old 10-29-12, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Checked a DT that usually gets DVDs in and struck out. Maybe next week.
Old 10-29-12, 02:07 PM

I've never even seen DVDs at my local dollar tree, but they had these. I picked up 11 of them. Skipped a few that I figure I'd never watch. A quick scan on Amazon shows you can trade some in and come out ahead, but it's probably more effort than it's worth for a buck or two.
Old 10-29-12, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Will have to stop in at the few stores I frequently drive by after this hurricane clears
Old 10-29-12, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Have been in all to 5 DTs. Only found them at 2, but I think I was probably the first to pick up titles at both locations. I have 2 locations tell me they did not get any on the truck. I know they are lying because other stores that usually don't get this inventory got it. I've also had problems with them before swearing up and down they didn't get something only to find it in the back when I pushed them to look. Anyway got 1 of everything I've seen listed (22 titles) except:

An Innocent Man
Disorganized Crime

BTW, there were many titles in which there was only 1 copy. The Ernest movies, My Father the Hero, Last Dance. Some of these are probably rarer than others.
Old 10-29-12, 06:26 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Went to 4 stores and found everything, but
Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag
Disorganized crime
Gross anatomy
Marrying Man
I don't think the Ernest movies are too rare. A few stores had a lot of each.

Last edited by g; 10-29-12 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-29-12, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 366 Likes on 231 Posts

I visited a 2nd store tonight and saw no BDs at all. Yet again, there were dozens of The Dog Whisperer on DVD.

Both stores I've been to have so much Halloween stuff out. Makes me think I might run into these on Thursday since the OP indicated it's for the sale starting on Friday. Of course, there's a good chance they'll replace the Halloween stuff with Christmas stuff this week.
Old 10-29-12, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
Both stores I've been to have so much Halloween stuff out. Makes me think I might run into these on Thursday since the OP indicated it's for the sale starting on Friday. Of course, there's a good chance they'll replace the Halloween stuff with Christmas stuff this week.
I was in a store this evening. No blu-rays, but I noticed that they had already done this.
Old 10-30-12, 01:02 PM

Went back today to pick up one I forgot to get before, V.I. Warshawski.

I wasn't expecting to have any left, but they still had many left. So picked that up plus Consenting Adults.
Old 10-31-12, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Went to three stores over the past two days. Nothing.
Old 10-31-12, 08:14 AM

They had them in Idaho Falls, ID. I was only going to buy a couple but I figured that I could use them for Best Buy trade-ins if nothing else (if they take blu-rays). So I ended up buying 12....
Old 10-31-12, 10:20 AM

Just checked 2 of the 3 stores in Tallahassee this morning. They were all unloading today's shipment. Both stores grabbed the boxes from the back - 1 store had Ernest Goes to Camp and the other had no Ernest. If anyone is willing to pick up Jail or Scared Stupid I'd be happy to reimburse + shipping!
Old 10-31-12, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
I visited a 2nd store tonight and saw no BDs at all. Yet again, there were dozens of The Dog Whisperer on DVD.

The problem is if these are for the Friday sale, then they won't be put out until Friday morning. One DT that gets alot of inventory did not have them out as of yesterday and the stocker/asst mgr said she was aware of them, but doesn't have them in. I believe she is lying because other stores have got them in that usually don't even get DVDs in. Anyway, hopefully I can get the last 2 I need by this weekend.
Old 10-31-12, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 328 Likes on 247 Posts

Wonder how many have been bought up by dipshit flea market sellers, and we'll see them try to sell them for $10 each?
Old 10-31-12, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 255 Likes on 163 Posts

After getting laughed at this morning by a DT store manager for thinking a dollar store would ever carry blurays, I found what I wanted at the second store.
Old 10-31-12, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Wonder how many have been bought up by dipshit flea market sellers, and we'll see them try to sell them for $10 each?
I went in this past Sunday, around 11:30am or so to buy a birthday card for my niece as we were on the way to her birthday lunch and I decided to just check and see if they had the Blu-rays and maybe buy the Ernest flicks, or maybe a handful just for the cases at the very least. As I was walking to the shelf, this bitch ran in front of me with a shopping cart, opened her arms as wide as she could, and scooped each and every last one of them into the cart to buy them all, without even as so much as looking at the titles or anything like that.

I've never come so close to seriously yelling at a woman in my life, but held back and just walked out since I was in a hurry.

So yeah, it happens, I saw it. Idiots.
Old 10-31-12, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 326 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent L
I went in this past Sunday, around 11:30am or so to buy a birthday card for my niece as we were on the way to her birthday lunch and I decided to just check and see if they had the Blu-rays and maybe buy the Ernest flicks, or maybe a handful just for the cases at the very least. As I was walking to the shelf, this bitch ran in front of me with a shopping cart, opened her arms as wide as she could, and scooped each and every last one of them into the cart to buy them all, without even as so much as looking at the titles or anything like that.

I've never come so close to seriously yelling at a woman in my life, but held back and just walked out since I was in a hurry.

So yeah, it happens, I saw it. Idiots.
Well if she holds onto them for 5 years and they never reprint them then maybe she would make out. But you would have to sell these at at least $4 each online to only break even, and that doesn't even account for time and gas. And even then if there is even demand for these titles which since they are being liquidated at Dollar Tree I would think that isn't really there either.

But I have a feeling there will be Mill Creek BR 20/50 packs in not too long that will contain all of these titles.
Old 10-31-12, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I finally found them. Most are blind buys, but I will probably dump them after viewing... I just can't taint my BD collection this way...
Old 11-01-12, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

My wife finally found them at a Dollar Tree outside our usual area while looking for Christmas decorations. She picked up Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend & Scenes From A Mall for me. Yay?
Old 11-01-12, 04:57 PM

Found four blu rays and a couple of dvds. The blu rays are Gross Anatomy, The Tie that Binds, Straight Talk, and The Gun in Betty Lou's Handbag. Will check out a couple of more stores tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.