Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Amazon $8 Coupon: Cinderella (Three-Disc Diamond Edition: Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Amazon $8 Coupon: Cinderella (Three-Disc Diamond Edition: Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-12, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Amazon $8 Coupon: Cinderella (Three-Disc Diamond Edition: Blu-ray/DVD + Digital C

Originally Posted by Pizza
Disney knows the game and are aware that the demand for their lesser animated films, such as The Fox and the Hound, isn't so large and sticks their DTVs onto them to create the illusion of a premium/bargain package - you're getting two movies in one set - and then tack on a higher price. The bigger animated classics will all probably get released by themselves since they know they'll sell a ton of those.
I'm not a big fan of these bundles either, but I'm more than willing to spend the money as long as they don't put both films on the same blu Ray. That's exactly what they did with The Fox and the Hound.

I buy Blu for the increased picture/audio quality and they ruin it buy decreasing the space used for the main feature. Are they doing these new ones (Pocahontas and The Rescuers) on a single Blu Ray disc?

It kills me, because I will still buy these, but wish I wasn't forced to buy these single disk 2 movie packs. And please, please, please use 3 disc cases and not 2 disc when shipping 3 disc sets

Last edited by vandeetz; 05-09-12 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-09-12, 02:22 PM
Cool New Member

Re: Amazon $8 Coupon: Cinderella (Three-Disc Diamond Edition: Blu-ray/DVD + Digital C

The combined total running time of both Fox and the Hound movies is 2 1/2 hours... I know I am not very savy on these things. but considering that I have several other movies that run the same length as this double feature, I fail to see the problem.
Old 05-09-12, 02:31 PM

my bad, I had assumed that some of the visual problems associated with this blu ray were due to including both movies on one disc.

that said, it appears Disney just didn't give a crap about this title. The main feature wasn't given anywhere near the same level of restoration other Disney animated features have received... and in the case of Fox and the Hound 2 I doubt it received much if any restoration beyond an HD transfer.

I do wonder why these 2 movies went on 2 dvd's and only one blu still... by your logic, there are plenty of 2.5 hour movies on DVD's and this could/should be a 2 disc set.

just seems odd to me
Old 05-09-12, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Considering that there are no special features, one blu-ray disc for 2.5 hours of feature video is more than enough for good quality. If there are flaws in the presentation, it's due to the transfer and mastering.

Pocahontas and Rescuers will both be 2 movies on one blu-ray disc again. Rescuers combined runtime is 2.6 hours, and Pocahontas is 2.55 hours.
Old 05-09-12, 09:41 PM

well, let's hope Disney gives a proper restoration to these films and the 2 movies to a disc shouldn't be an issue!!

I can understand not spending a lot of time on the sequels to these, but for the original films it would be nice if they did a really good restoration. especially for The Rescuers due to it's age.
Old 05-09-12, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

To me it seems like only the Diamond Edition titles are getting the full and careful remastering treatment. All the rest of the films are probably just getting a "good enough" HD transfer.
Old 05-10-12, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Todd B.
To me it seems like only the Diamond Edition titles are getting the full and careful remastering treatment. All the rest of the films are probably just getting a "good enough" HD transfer.
I can understand they're not going to pull out all the stops for the non-diamond edition titles, but I just felt like the Fox and the Hound was sub-par as far the quality of the restoration goes. I'm not asking for a frame by frame restoration like Snow White, but the fluctuating color and contrast issues could have been resolved without a frame by frame fix. sometimes I wonder if there own quality control people actually watch the final product before putting it to disc.
Old 09-27-12, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The price for the 3 disc edition dropped to $27.99 today. Waiting to see if Amazon will adjust the price on my order. Hope it will go down a few more dollars.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o02_s00_i00
Old 09-27-12, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
The price for the 3 disc edition dropped to $27.99 today.
It dropped as Amazon is price matching Best Buy and Target who will be selling the three-disc for the same price.
Old 09-27-12, 10:16 PM

disappointing this didnt get lower.
Old 09-27-12, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts

Originally Posted by JoN8282
$19.99 after coupon seems pretty fair, though you don't get the bonuses that Best Buy and Target get
Old 09-28-12, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JoN8282
Yup. I went ahead and canceled my pre-order. Much as I love the film, I would rather put this money toward a Criterion during the next half off sale. The Disney stuff is classic and great, but given the price I guess I would rather have something more challenging in my collection. I'm also always a bit bothered by the recoloring. My hope is that one day the animated stuff will come out in less elaborate packages at better prices as I don't need the SD nor the digital copy.