Reload this Page >

Best Buy Upgrade & Save, $5 Off Blu-ray titles, Apr 22 - May 12, 2012

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Best Buy Upgrade & Save, $5 Off Blu-ray titles, Apr 22 - May 12, 2012

Old 05-16-12, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Best Buy Upgrade & Save, $5 Off Blu-ray titles, Apr 22 - May 12, 2012

Forthe most part, I stuck to $9.99 titles. I got 8 or 9 TV Seasons which were more, but other exceptions (like "Clueless") were few and far between.
Old 05-16-12, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by adrenaline78
After seeing all this buy buy buy, i've wondered how large your collection is.. Care to post some pictures?

Also how many titles deep is your unwatched pile?
Sure, I'll do that. I own over 900 BD's, plus around 200 HD-DVD's. Don't get me started on how many DVD's I have. My BD's are alphabetized on the shelves and cataloged on my phone in an app. I keep meaning to export the csv file and import it on blu-ray.com so I have a web link. I'll do that soon. The HD-DVD's are all together, but I haven't alphabetized or cataloged them yet. The DVD's are ALL OVER THE HOUSE! I have 246 of them boxed up and cataloged, due to lack of shelf space. But I have an additional 1500+ (just a guess). That will be a serious project for me. I need to weed out the ones I've upgraded to BD, and determine whether I still need to keep them (due to extra features).

As for an unwatched pile? They definitely outweigh the watched... I am trying to make a dent into it, but I seem to buy more than I watch. Yes, I have a problem... I own so many DVD's I wish I had never bought (no extras, or not even good movies). I've been much more selective with BD's, but even so, I still have too many. Hopefully I'll find some out of print rare ones, to make a few bucks...
Old 05-16-12, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Plus Target sometimes opens the discs and marks them as returns. I once bought something on sale and walked from the register to customer service to return it under an old receipt. They opened 2 of the 3 DVD sets to inspect them and make sure I wasn't rewrapping. I just watched them and laughed.
I wonder how can they apply IF I return this Target purchase of mine (just wondering)

Old 05-16-12, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Sure, I'll do that. I own over 900 BD's, plus around 200 HD-DVD's. Don't get me started on how many DVD's I have. My BD's are alphabetized on the shelves and cataloged on my phone in an app. I keep meaning to export the csv file and import it on blu-ray.com so I have a web link. I'll do that soon. The HD-DVD's are all together, but I haven't alphabetized or cataloged them yet. The DVD's are ALL OVER THE HOUSE! I have 246 of them boxed up and cataloged, due to lack of shelf space. But I have an additional 1500+ (just a guess). That will be a serious project for me. I need to weed out the ones I've upgraded to BD, and determine whether I still need to keep them (due to extra features).

As for an unwatched pile? They definitely outweigh the watched... I am trying to make a dent into it, but I seem to buy more than I watch. Yes, I have a problem... I own so many DVD's I wish I had never bought (no extras, or not even good movies). I've been much more selective with BD's, but even so, I still have too many. Hopefully I'll find some out of print rare ones, to make a few bucks...
At last, I found my long lost brother !!!!
Old 05-16-12, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

CLZ Movie Collector?
Old 05-17-12, 07:53 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 662 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
At last, I found my long lost brother !!!!
Old 05-17-12, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

glad to see I only have about half the blu collection that you do. still amazes me at some of the guys over at blu-ray.com that have collections of over 2500+ blu's alone
Old 05-17-12, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by xage
I wonder how can they apply IF I return this Target purchase of mine (just wondering)

My wife bought a blu ray not long ago from Target and didn't pay attention to see that they hadn't take it out of one of those cases. It was a son of a bitch to get it out without crushing the movie inside and I felt kind of bad that I had to destroy the case but the cashier should have been doing his or her job and not made us get it out.
Old 05-17-12, 01:36 PM

My BD's are alphabetized on the shelves and cataloged on my phone in an app. I keep meaning to export the csv file and import it on blu-ray.com so I have a web link. ...

What phone app do you use?
Old 05-17-12, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TexasDVDer
What phone app do you use?
I know this question wasn't directed at me, but I use DVD Profiler for PC and iOS phone. I absolutely love it.
Old 05-20-12, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Quake1028
What deals end Monday's? Almost all retail deals end on Saturday since the new ad week starts on Sunday.
B&N's sales always seem to end on Mondays. I guess that was my main frame of reference. Like I said, I haven't set foot in a BB in years, and I don't generally buy blu rays in B&M stores anyway.