$22.99
Contraband

$14.99
The Princess Diaries 2 Movie Collection
Old 04-17-12, 06:16 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Target AD 4/22 - 4/28

Wow, $14.99 for the BD of the Pincess Diaries Collection? I may have to get that for my daughter since she's worn out the DVD.
Old 04-17-12, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gee, 2 whole titles?

Princess Diaries double feature for $15 isn't bad. If I remember correctly the second one was released full frame only
Old 04-17-12, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Wow, $14.99 for the BD of the Pincess Diaries Collection? I may have to get that for my daughter since she's worn out the DVD.
I don't see this title anywhere else for sale.. I wonder if it is a Target Exclusive...

Also, it is shown as released this week for $19.99... a $5 drop in week 2..
Old 04-17-12, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I missed the fact this was a Target Exclusive.. I wonder what the price will be when it gets a national release in May..
Old 04-17-12, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Thanks OP!

Definitely interested in the Princess Diaries.
Old 04-17-12, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, I bought PD today at Target for $19.99. Do they do a pm the week after if they drop the price? If not I'll have to buy it again. Then return the unopened one for credit using this weeks receipt.
Old 04-17-12, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JimRochester
If I remember correctly the second one was released full frame only
No it was available in both full screen and wide screen.
Old 04-17-12, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Briggs
Damn, I bought PD today at Target for $19.99. Do they do a pm the week after if they drop the price? If not I'll have to buy it again. Then return the unopened one for credit using this weeks receipt.
I've done several price adjustments bringing in receipts at Target. Pretty sure it is 10-14 days you have, but if you can't make it in the timeframe you can just do the rebuy and return within 90 days like you said.
Old 04-17-12, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sotra
I've done several price adjustments bringing in receipts at Target. Pretty sure it is 10-14 days you have, but if you can't make it in the timeframe you can just do the rebuy and return within 90 days like you said.
Thanks.
Old 04-17-12, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,173 Likes on 4,202 Posts

I can't find the email now, but I'm pretty sure there's some promo with the Princess Diaries where you get double DMR points if you redeem in the first few weeks. Any one have those details still?
Old 04-17-12, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Decker
I can't find the email now, but I'm pretty sure there's some promo with the Princess Diaries where you get double DMR points if you redeem in the first few weeks. Any one have those details still?
Yeah, you get 250 points if you enter the code by 4/24. But it's kind of a ripoff, since in the past when you bought a double-movie title (like Fox & the Hound) it was worth 325 points or something like that. PD is only worth 125, even though it is 2 titles. I'll probably buy it for $14.99. I just gotta remember to enter the code by 4/24
Old 04-18-12, 02:33 AM

You get 500 points if you put in the Princess Diaries code by 4/24. I bought it and entered the code on Tuesday. Got two transactions on my points page. 250 for the movie and another 250 for the double points promo. I'll be back at Target on Sunday for that price adjustment. I thought $19.99 was as low as it was going to go.for at least a couple months.
Old 04-18-12, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by sotra
That's right. It's supposed to be 14 days on price adjustments and missed coupons, but recently I had a store invent a new policy (which I always chalk up to a rep in a bad mood). Normally on a missed coupon I could get an adjustment at any store within 14 days, but last time the rep claimed it had to be done at the same store I bought it. I said I have done it at different stores before, and then I got the "well, they weren't following policy". I then asked for a manager who confirmed their store had such a rule, and when I again mentioned other stores I was told it was that particular store's policy. So, just as I thought, a particular store invented their own policy. For straightforward pricematching I haven't gotten the "it has to be done at the same store you bought it" line YET, but I'm sure someday I will.

Of course when no coupon is involved and you're past 14 days of course the return/rebuy is the way to do it. And still with my occasional denials at Target, they are still tons better than BB is with coupons and PM'ing.

I'm wondering if I should grab the PD 2 pack this week and do a PM next week knowing Target's tendency to go OOS on stuff I want when it's on sale rather than just buy it next week.

And this DMR double points offer is just on the Princess Diaries 2 pack... it's not a general double points offer I don't know about?
Old 04-18-12, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

More info about PD csn be found at blu-ray.com. Apparently it's 3 discs - 1 BD with both movies and each movie on separate DVDs.
Old 04-18-12, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Target Ad for Movies
Old 04-19-12, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts

And the *3D* Blu-Ray of Tintin will be on sale for how much?

(Most versions of Hugo were on sale this week, but the 3D one wasn't! Pissed me off!)
Old 04-19-12, 09:55 AM

To throw in a little more to my comment about Target and missed coupons. I went to my nearest store (the store that gives me most of my trouble) and was told there is no such thing as a missed coupon policy. Having done it many times in years past (the receipts even say "Missed Coupon") I knew that was a lie, but I had had prior experience with this young female. So when she said that I simply said "I know that's incorrect, but from past experience I've learned it's pointless to argue with you". Sadly she went from being just a nasty CS rep to the CS supervisor. I hadn't seen her or this other nasty kid at Target since last year, but they were there yesterday. So I'm thinking... they look like college kids so maybe some colleges are out now and they just work summers.

I happened to pass another Target later that day and got my missed coupon adjustment no problem at that store. I just LOVE YMMV. I would seriously have no argument with stores if they uniformly enforced their policies, but when it depends on which rep you get I don't like that.
Old 04-22-12, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, went on Saturday morning and they had already put up the sign for PD early. So, I went to the checkout and of course it rang up at $20. I said it had a sign for $15 and she said that must've been for the DVD. I told her it was directly under the BD and I wasn't about to start an argument when I could just bring the receipt back for an adjustment, but she just automatically changed the price for me. So, saved me a trip. That's what I like about Target compared to WM and BBY. I think Target has a policy where if a customer says the tag for a product said $x.xx less than what it rang up for they will give it to you for that price as long as it is less than a $10 difference because it would cost them more overall to have someone go and check it out. A couple of weeks ago they had Adele's CD 21 on sale for $10, but on the rack where the tag was they only had the Target exclusive version with 4 bonus tracks which rang up at $14. They gave it to me for $10 without investigating.
Old 04-22-12, 09:24 AM

I haven't looked at this week's Target ad yet, but I assume the Princess Diaries 2 pack BLU-RAY is listed in it for $14.99 and it's for the whole week? That's what the original post indicated.

At first I didn't notice sotra said he went on Saturday which explains the price being wrong in the computer. As long as it's in the ad, there shouldn't be any problem this week. I bought a copy last week to adjust this week just because Target's inventory is often so sucky you can never be 100% sure of them having anything in stock even if you're first one in the door on release day or the beginning of that week. Now that I bought it I'm sure they'll have tons of PD BD sets.

The incorrect shelf tag thing has been very YMMV. It's very rare I find one, but I think a couple times Target honored it and a couples times they didn't saying someone must have moved a bunch of copies under the wrong tag. The last time I was told no was over a bunch of Real Steel BDs sitting over the lower priced DVD tag, so I just said forget it rather than argue. It'll be $10 someday (well, unless it's a Disney movie which I forget if it is).
Old 04-22-12, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I stopped in at a Target in MN and the Mad Men blu seasons were on sale for like 15, 15 18, 18 or something like that, plus the $15 off when you buy two. I didn't look any closer than a quick glance, so I'll just say YMMV.

I know the ad listed the DVD, but both DVD and Blu-ray were labeled on the shelf as on sale in store...at least the one I stopped at. Could have been mislabeled since I didn't take action, so again YMMV.
Old 04-22-12, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dfmaverick2
I stopped in at a Target in MN and the Mad Men blu seasons were on sale for like 15, 15 18, 18 or something like that, plus the $15 off when you buy two. I didn't look any closer than a quick glance, so I'll just say YMMV.

I know the ad listed the DVD, but both DVD and Blu-ray were labeled on the shelf as on sale in store...at least the one I stopped at. Could have been mislabeled since I didn't take action, so again YMMV.
There is also a $5 off coupon for Mad Men 1-4 on BD and dvd @ coupons.com. To find it quicker, click on "Home Entertainment" in the sections area near the top of the page.

Picked up PD for $12 + tax using a $3 off cpn Disney sent me earlier this month.