Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

$5 Coupon for The Muppets Wokka Wokka value pack (DMR membership required)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$5 Coupon for The Muppets Wokka Wokka value pack (DMR membership required)

Old 03-20-12, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: $5 Coupon for The Muppets Wokka Wokka value pack (DMR membership required)

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Glad I ordered my lunchbox this morning for pick-up. I hope it isn't dinged. I went to TRU and got the cool 3D poster during my lunch break. It is AWESOME!!! There used to be a Best Buy directly next to this TRU, but it closed two year ago. Yep, a BB actually closed. There isn't another one less than 20 minutes drive from there. I miss that store...

I did see the Muppet poster at my local TRU. I have to say that Muppet poster is very cool. Much better than the Lion King poster. We had a major t-storm this morning and I didin't think anybody was going to brave that kind of weather for a lunchbox, so when I checked availability this afternoon, they were available at every location near me. BTT I got there, they were sold out. I should have ordered online. I guess it's not too big a deal, but I'm not going to pay 7 bucks more for less product -- so I'll probably return the pre-order.
Old 03-20-12, 10:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Update (re being unable to print the coupon):
I e-mailed Disney. The response I got told me to click on the link in the e-mail to get to a page where I could leave my address & they will snail-mail me a physical coupon (they cannot send a scan) in 7-10 days.
A) 7-10 days is past the release-week sales I want to take advantage of.
B) There was no link in the e-mail anyway!
Basically I get no coupon this week...so Disney gets no sale and I'm passing on this Blu.
Old 03-20-12, 10:30 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

^^^ I doubt Disney will cry over you not buying.

Have you tried clearing out your cookies and trying to print again?
Old 03-20-12, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 215 Likes on 154 Posts

Couldn't find a wocka-wocka edition in two stores today... this is the 3rd time in recent weeks BB hasn't had a new release in stock in the early evening on release day. Very frustrating... will try Target on the way home tomorrow.
Old 03-20-12, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very easy time picking up my TRU preorder, getting the poster, and using the coupon on the regular combo pack.
Old 03-20-12, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I really lucked out. Stopped by Best Buy this evening and could only find the Bluray + DVD version. As I was hunting, a Best Buy employee put the lunchbox version on the shelf above my head and said, "You're probably looking for this, right? Here you go."
Old 03-21-12, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Went to my BB at lunch yesterday. No Wocka Wocka packs or Lunchbox packs anywhere. Gave up and ordered the WW pack on Amazon since I had credit.
Old 03-21-12, 09:22 AM

Picked up regular 2disk at TRUS with coupon and cool 3D poster for 17.99 +. I did not need the coaster ( digital copy ) or the CD.

I had pre-ordered 3disk so the cashier had a hard time scanning the receipt, since it was showing 34.99 (sale 27.99) but the manager gladly voided the previous purchase and gave the 2D version.
Old 03-21-12, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Mickactual
Update (re being unable to print the coupon):
I e-mailed Disney. The response I got told me to click on the link in the e-mail to get to a page where I could leave my address & they will snail-mail me a physical coupon (they cannot send a scan) in 7-10 days.
A) 7-10 days is past the release-week sales I want to take advantage of.
B) There was no link in the e-mail anyway!
Basically I get no coupon this week...so Disney gets no sale and I'm passing on this Blu.
Emailing Disney about missed coupons is pointless precisely because the expiration dates are before you'll receive them if they snail mail them. A possible solution would be to make another DMR account. If you never plan to use it for points or redeeming offers then you can put in whatever you want. Then print from another PC and that account. Clearing cookies is irrelevant as the info is stored in your DMR account and registry which is why you need to use a different PC. I've suggested before that people should go to coupons.com and print off a coupon you don't care about every time to your printer to make sure it works before going to DMR and risking your coupons. I'm pretty sure that coupons.com and DMR use the same coupon software and either neither or both will work.
Old 03-21-12, 09:30 AM

I got the Target Wocka Wocka version yesterday with no problem, but then using a DMR coupon at Target almost never is a problem. I didn't even think to look for the Muppets bonus DVD sticker on the package, but luckily the one I grabbed had it. How uncool that Target would have Wocka Wocka editions both with and without the bonus DVD, according to what I heard somewhere else.

Also, has anyone downloaded The Muppets soundtrack and if so could you quickly describe the process? Most importantly what format were the audio files and did they have DRM?
Old 03-21-12, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by whotony
BB tried to Manzana me today.
Got there at open, was at least ten lunch boxes.
Grabbed one tried to use the coupon but after examining the coupon like it was gold she said no, not for this.
I explained that inside the box was the same set that you are telling me I can use the coupon for.
So she goes to ask someone. Comes back and says the girl in DVDs said it doesn't work with the lunchbox.
I said to herhe girl in DVDs is the same as you, is there an actual manager we can ask?
He came over and was very nice, let me explain the coupon and he allowed it.
This BB is normally very passive on these coupons as is this same register person, not today though.
I'm a verb now. Woohoo!

Whotony, like others stated, you could've shut the cashier down in a second by opening the weekly printed ad because it specifically states you can use the coupon on the lunchbox set with a final after coupon price of $22.99. I guess you didn't know about that, just as the cashier didn't (and you'd think employees would at least attempt to look through their weekly ad to be familiar with it though that would require them to care about their job which may be asking too much or maybe their memory isn't good enough). I'm glad it worked out for you by talking to the manager (which you shouldn't have had to do).

If your scenario had happened to me and it had not been in the printed ad, I can guarantee my manager would've told me to take a hike. After all he told me I couldn't use a legitimate $2 manufacturer's coupon on a sale item because a "sale" was an offer. Just about anyone (except him) knows that's not how mfg. coupons are supposed to work, but he gets off on his power trip and maybe he thinks he's hurting me and taking pleasure in that. I just went to Target and PM'd BB's ad (it was an ad item fortunately) and used the $2 mfg. coupon at Target instead. That's why I normally just go to Target first unless the deal can only be had at BB, and in my area there is a Target near every BB.

Last edited by Manzana; 03-21-12 at 09:51 AM.
Old 03-21-12, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 736 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by soundman2
Picked up regular 2disk at TRUS with coupon and cool 3D poster for 17.99 +. I did not need the coaster ( digital copy ) or the CD.

I had pre-ordered 3disk so the cashier had a hard time scanning the receipt, since it was showing 34.99 (sale 27.99) but the manager gladly voided the previous purchase and gave the 2D version.
Not sure I understand that logic. If you had a pre-order, you could've used the Disney coupon and got the 3 disc version for the same price. That's what I did. I don't use digital copies either, and I wouldn't go out of my way for the soundtrack, but if I can get the soundtrack essentially for free, why not?

Last edited by Obi-Wanma; 03-21-12 at 10:23 AM.
Old 03-21-12, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Manzana
Also, has anyone downloaded The Muppets soundtrack and if so could you quickly describe the process? Most importantly what format were the audio files and did they have DRM?
Somebody stated in another thread that they did NOT have DRM.
Old 03-21-12, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Manzana
This morning I finally decided I'd get the lunchbox + steelbook from my favorite store BB for $3 more. So I called to find out the only 2 stores in my area that have the steelbook in stock are of course the far away ones (almost 20 miles round trip out of my normal drive). The 2 BBs I pass by every day are OOS as usual. Tomorrow I have to go near the distant one (that has the steelbooks in stock) because of a doctor's appointment, so that made the 20 mile round trip a moot point because I have to make that drive anyway, so I called that store and was told they won't accept preorders over the phone (though BB has taken other orders over the phone). The nearest store I called first said they would've taken the preorder over the phone but they were OOS. So once again employees make their own policy depending on mood. I wasn't going to drive the 20 miles today when I have to do it tomorrow, so that option was out. Then I figured I'd order the lunchbox set online with the steelbook and when picking up both in store explain the situation and see if they'd re-ring it with the $5 coupon. However, ordering online the steelbook is store pickup only and the lunchbox is shipping only, so scratch them re-ringing it with the coupon. It's dumb because the stores have the lunchbox set in stock but they won't let you order that for in store pickup until after the free steelbook offer has expired. I told myself I should just buy the lunchbox anyway and forget about the steelbook (I've missed tons of them before so what's missing another one), but the OCD completionist in me can't let it go that I'm getting an inferior deal because of BB's inflexibility and being OOS.

I assume that those who got the steelbook in the store with the preorder will be allowed to use the $5 coupon when paying the remainder.

So, after all of the hassle and time calling around, I decided it's too much trouble to mess with BB and I'll just get the Target one after all... not because I wanted to but because BB frustrated me too much. And so ends this entry into the saga of Manzana and his favorite store. Tune in next week for new adventures... :-)
We should get together sometime and trade tales of Best Buy. I hate them so much. My local store is the dirt worst, with employees who don't know anything about anything, and management is horrible. Heck, the last store manager was arrested for stealing iPads from her very own store she was "managing". The regional manager should have been fired years ago, if he hasn't been already.

BB Corporate is pretty good though, and will do all they can to counter the problems you have in stores. They recently gave me $150 in gift cards just to make up for the idiot retail locations. Anything to keep you a customer.
Old 03-21-12, 01:10 PM

was your TRU carrying the 2 disk in blu ray case? i know for the recent disney releases most if not all TRU locations only had 2 disk in dvd case and 2 disk blu case.
Old 03-21-12, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by micmac36
was your TRU carrying the 2 disk in blu ray case? i know for the recent disney releases most if not all TRU locations only had 2 disk in dvd case and 2 disk blu case.
The Muppets Combo wasn't released in a DVD case. For whatever reason, this seems to be something that Disney does only for catalog titles.
Old 03-21-12, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Picked up the lunchbox at BB during lunch today. The outer box is fairly damaged, but hopefully the lunchbox isn't dinged. I didn't open it yet. Just checked online for kicks, and none of the 20 closest stores have the lunchbox in stock anymore. They removed it from the website, but you can still look it up by SKU # (4855211)
Old 03-21-12, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by micmac36
Yes the 2Disk version is in BD case. I don't think there is a dvd case for this bluray/dvd version - thank God.
Old 03-21-12, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
Not sure I understand that logic. If you had a pre-order, you could've used the Disney coupon and got the 3 disc version for the same price. That's what I did. I don't use digital copies either, and I wouldn't go out of my way for the soundtrack, but if I can get the soundtrack essentially for free, why not?
The 3disk was priced at 27.99 and 2 disk at 22.99 so 2 disk is $ 5 cheaper. When the manager voided my 3disk version - she gave me my pre-order $5 back . and started fresh, This was all her idea how to make things work. So net cost was 17.99 vs 22.99 for 3 disk ( if you add the $5 pre-order)

I would have stuck with the 3disk if it had 2 bluray + DVD + DC 0r had a 3D version of the disk.
Old 03-21-12, 07:53 PM

The 3disk was priced at 27.99 and 2 disk at 22.99 so 2 disk is $ 5 cheaper. When the manager voided my 3disk version - she gave me my pre-order $5 back . and started fresh, This was all her idea how to make things work. So net cost was 17.99 vs 22.99 for 3 disk ( if you add the $5 pre-order)

I would have stuck with the 3disk if it had 2 bluray + DVD + DC 0r had a 3D version of the disk.

Gotcha, so your total 17.99 includes the 5 bucks from the pre order. I was considering the pre-order to be free money, since I already got such a good deal on LatT.
Old 03-21-12, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 307 Likes on 229 Posts

Who else doesn't like the dvd and digital copy stacked on top of each other in the case? I was a bit shocked when I found two discs stacked on each other.
Old 03-21-12, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 323 Likes on 245 Posts

They did that for the 2 standard DVDs in the "Fox and the Hound" set too. They should've made it a 2-sided disc instead. Digital copy disc being on the bottom I don't mind since I don't use those anyway. (BTW "The Muppets" was not shot in 3D!)
Old 03-22-12, 12:11 AM

I'm a little rusty on the Best Buy Steelbook pre-orders. If I decide to pick up the Target bonus disc version instead (since my Best Buy is out of the lunchbox version), can I get my $7.50 from the pre-order back at BB with just the receipt, or do I have to actually return the Steelbook case to get my money back? I'm not sure where that thing has gotten to since I picked it up.
Old 03-22-12, 08:22 AM

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

There was a lot of discussion over the ethics of that on bluray.com, but you can just take the receipt back to Best Buy and get a refund and keep the case. They won't ask for the case back, but it's up to you to decide if it's considered stealing or not.
Old 03-22-12, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Finally had a chance to return to Toys R Us last night to try, yet again, to pick up my pre-order.

First, they didn't have the pre-orders behind the counter. I'm not 100% positive, but I think I may have received the last Wokka Wokka set in the store, as I looked around and could not find any on the shelves. If I had waited another day, I'm not sure I would have gotten one.

They still had about 3 posters behind the counter, so I was lucky enough to get one.

Not a horrible experience, but I would have preferred not to burn the gas having to return a 2nd time.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.