Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

$5 Coupon for The Muppets Wokka Wokka value pack (DMR membership required)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

$5 Coupon for The Muppets Wokka Wokka value pack (DMR membership required)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-12, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Re: $5 Coupon for The Muppets Wokka Wokka value pack (DMR membership required)

Heads-up for those who want the Target deal: The bonus free DVD is ONLY in SOME of the packages on their shelf. You have to look for the sticker that indicates a bonus DVD is inside. My Target had the bonus DVD in both the Wocka Wocka edition and the regular edition, but it was only in maybe 5-10 of all of them they had stocked. I had to dig to find one.
Old 03-20-12, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Ok, so 3 Someone mentioned it here or anotherwebsite but when they had lunchboxes for Bambi I believe most of the stores only had 4. If you are not waiting there at opening yo0u will probably miss out on the lunchbox.
5 lunchboxes at the Best Buy near me....i got one and the shady looking sumbitch behind me grabbed the other four,for Ebay flipping i assume
Old 03-20-12, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by gmerreighnjr
5 lunchboxes at the Best Buy near me....i got one and the shady looking sumbitch behind me grabbed the other four,for Ebay flipping i assume
they had 7 at mine--4 in the muppets display and 3 on top of another rack. seemed like people were only taking one--but gone within minutes of store opening. lots of parents there with their kids--and lods of printed coupons in hand. glad i was first in (grabbed last steelbook on saturday).
Old 03-20-12, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I arrived just 10 minutes after opening at our least frequented local Best Buy and there was only one lunchbox set left and I grabbed it.
Old 03-20-12, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Got there about 15 minutes after opening and there were only 3 left of the lunchbox before I grabbed one. I find it odd that BBY is charging 27.99 for the luchbox set that is limited, but 34.99 for the Wocka Wocka set that is not. Total reversal of the Lion King luchbox deal.
Old 03-20-12, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 604 Likes on 435 Posts

BB tried to Manzana me today.

Got there at open, was at least ten lunch boxes.

Grabbed one tried to use the coupon but after examining the coupon like it was gold she said no, not for this.

I explained that inside the box was the same set that you are telling me I can use the coupon for.
So she goes to ask someone. Comes back and says the girl in DVDs said it doesn't work with the lunchbox.

I said to herhe girl in DVDs is the same as you, is there an actual manager we can ask?

He came over and was very nice, let me explain the coupon and he allowed it.

This BB is normally very passive on these coupons as is this same register person, not today though.
Old 03-20-12, 01:48 PM

does anyone know what the current disney pre-orders at toys r us are? thanks
Old 03-20-12, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I am really starting to hate Toys R Us. This is the second time that the store I visited did not yet receive their stock of a new release by Tuesday, even though I had preordered it.

The customer service rep said that they hold the bonus items, like the poster, for preorders, but I'm skeptical.
Old 03-20-12, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by micmac36
does anyone know what the current disney pre-orders at toys r us are? thanks
None ... Though my store still had the Muppets preorder cards out.
Old 03-20-12, 02:02 PM

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Hopefully The Muppets is sealed inside of the BB and/or WM exclusives so I can gift or sell them.
The blu-ray is sealed inside the Best Buy lunch box box. I had no problems using the coupon at mine, and there were 5 of the lunch boxes in the store (one on the Muppet display, three on top of it, and one behind the customer service desk.
Old 03-20-12, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad I ordered my lunchbox this morning for pick-up. I hope it isn't dinged. I went to TRU and got the cool 3D poster during my lunch break. It is AWESOME!!! There used to be a Best Buy directly next to this TRU, but it closed two year ago. Yep, a BB actually closed. There isn't another one less than 20 minutes drive from there. I miss that store...
Old 03-20-12, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

TOTALLY AGREE! In my opinion as nice as the The Lion King poster was, this one is even better. I have only 1 complaint about it. While I love Beaker, it should have been Fozzie on the poster. How he is not on there is beyond me.
Old 03-20-12, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by flansered
The blu-ray is sealed inside the Best Buy lunch box box. I had no problems using the coupon at mine, and there were 5 of the lunch boxes in the store (one on the Muppet display, three on top of it, and one behind the customer service desk.
Awesome! Thanks for confirming this. Now I definitely plan on getting it, and selling the BD inside. So it doesn't really matter if the WM version is sealed or not, since I can just keep that one. I don't need the digital copy, or the soundtrack (already own it).
Old 03-20-12, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

TOTALLY AGREE! In my opinion as nice as the The Lion King poster was, this one is even better. I have only 1 complaint about it. While I love Beaker, it should have been Fozzie on the poster. How he is not on there is beyond me.
Agreed. Missing Fozzie is blasphemy. Beaker is not a major Muppet character. Granted, he is well loved, and I have no problem with him being on there, but Fozzie should not have been left out.

I missed out on the Lion King poster, so I made sure to not miss out this time. FYI, although these posters are plastic and fairly sturdy, they can be damaged. Several of the posters had bent corners. She had to go through 7 before she found me a mint one.
Old 03-20-12, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by flix1
None ... Though my store still had the Muppets preorder cards out.
Which one were you at? Just wondering as the one off Rt 59 by the mall had them out on the floor as well still. I'm going to assume that they would not scan anyways since the date says by Mar 19th.
Old 03-20-12, 02:16 PM

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony

Grabbed one tried to use the coupon but after examining the coupon like it was gold she said no, not for this.

I explained that inside the box was the same set that you are telling me I can use the coupon for.
So she goes to ask someone. Comes back and says the girl in DVDs said it doesn't work with the lunchbox.

I said to herhe girl in DVDs is the same as you, is there an actual manager we can ask?

This BB is normally very passive on these coupons as is this same register person, not today though.
You should of shown them the weekly ad. The lunch box set has a price with coupon listed in it. They really can't argue with that.
Old 03-20-12, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by whotony

That's stupid. The BB ad, itself, stated that the $5 DMR coupon could be used for the lunchbox/Wocka Wocka edition:

http://www.examiner.com/dvd-in-new-y...-deals-picture

Slides 2 and 3.

TLK
Old 03-20-12, 03:09 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 934 Likes on 782 Posts

coupon worked just fine on the regular Blu-ray (non Wokka) version.
Old 03-20-12, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 604 Likes on 435 Posts

Lizard I forgot all about that. I had the add in my hand
Old 03-20-12, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Exactly what I suspected, but thanks for confirming. Target is now the only store I can completely rule out. But I want WM, BB, and even TRU now that I know about the poster. I may pull a Xage on this, and get all 3. Hopefully The Muppets is sealed inside of the BB and/or WM exclusives so I can gift or sell them.
There is a way to get the Target release too .. and it won't cost you any more money. I'm sure you will figure it out if you take the time.
Old 03-20-12, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
There is a way to get the Target release too .. and it won't cost you any more money. I'm sure you will figure it out if you take the time.
I can already imagine, without having stepped foot inside of Target today. They have done that before... But I own S1-3 of Muppets, so I don't need the sampler. I'll leave it for someone who does...
Old 03-20-12, 04:52 PM
Premium Member

Received 711 Likes on 471 Posts

Coupon didn't scan on the set with the muppets puppets at Walmart, but the cashier had no issues with just applying it manually for me.

kenbenobi: The discs ARE sealed inside the Walmart box and it does include the slipcover.
Old 03-20-12, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Which one were you at? Just wondering as the one off Rt 59 by the mall had them out on the floor as well still. I'm going to assume that they would not scan anyways since the date says by Mar 19th.
Vernon Hills in the NW suburbs
Old 03-20-12, 06:15 PM

[QUOTE=flix1;11153604]I saw the prices for the 2-Disc and 3-Disc sets at Target and Best Buy in the main DVD Bargains thread.

Target

2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (includes DVD) - $22.99
3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Wocka Wocka Value Pack (includes DVD, Digital Copy and Complete Soundtrack Digital Download Card) - $24.99 ($19.99 after coupon)
Target exclusive 2-Disc and 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Packs include a bonus The Muppet Show 6-episode sampler DVD.

QUOTE]

Thanks for the target info. i was gonna go to walmart and grab it, now i can price match and use 5 $ coupon. Save me a little gas since my closest target it like 30 mins away. Thanks again.
Old 03-20-12, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by flix1
Vernon Hills in the NW suburbs
Entirely different neck of the woods, cool

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.