Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

International Blu-ray deals

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-16, 05:08 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
re: International Blu-ray deals

The French X-Files appears to have all 10 seasons which puts it ahead of the US and UK versions (but no movies). I grabbed that and Complete Sopranos for a tad over $100 shipped ($35 seemed a good price for Sopranos). Peter
Old 11-26-16, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Amazon.fr has The Wire for around $39 shipped using their exchange rate. Tempted to pull the trigger but haven't had any time to look into any possible differences between the French and US sets.
Old 11-26-16, 08:33 PM

Did someone mention The Professionals ('70s show from Avengers creative team)? Three of the seasons work out to $22 or so with shipping from Amazon UK - incredible package with novel-sized book of notes on the series, isolated music tracks for Laurie Johnson's scores, and is Region Free. If only The Avengers would get this low (and have such substantial extras)! --Peter
Old 12-02-16, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
What a score, THANK YOU! Amazon added about $1.00 USD to the exchange rate, but my Visa Debit would have likely added more, so I happily went for the $25.84
Got my Warehouse 13 box today. So far very happy (although the top of the shipping box was completely 100% open the actual set was undamaged). It is region free, although the STOOPID copyguards do some odd things to a pause lasting more than a minute or 2.

Monster price & 2 week international shipping including an out of stock period.
Old 12-04-16, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

I have Warehouse 13 in my wishlist but I've never ordered it just yet. You like the series?
Old 12-05-16, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
I have Warehouse 13 in my wishlist but I've never ordered it just yet. You like the series?
So far I'm somewhat disappointed. Too much action, & the "villain" is too evil. I saw the loosely related Eureka & thought it was ok; 2 people told me Warehouse was better. So far (early Season 2), I disagree.

It also has a rather unique navigation system for stop & pause; it took a couple days to really figure it out.

At least if it doesn't improve, I should be able to sell it at a profit.
Old 12-06-16, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just outta curiosity, has anybody gotten their Hobbit Extended Blu-ray set from Amazon.co.uk? I'm closing in on three weeks now and it's bugging me a bit.
Old 12-06-16, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

My Godard boxed set arrived yesterday. Deadwood may come in today - all shipped via slow as ASSendia.
Old 12-06-16, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ironically, I had an order from Amazon Spain a few months ago shipped via Royal Mail.

I hate Asendia. Nearly three weeks for stuff to get to me. Royal Mail typically takes one.
Old 12-06-16, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Just outta curiosity, has anybody gotten their Hobbit Extended Blu-ray set from Amazon.co.uk? I'm closing in on three weeks now and it's bugging me a bit.
I got it the 8th day after order placement. Today I received an order from Zavvi exactly a week after order placement. Both arrived unexpectedly fast. Can't seem to reason out these mixed shipping experiences
Old 12-06-16, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 654 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Just got mine in today. Ordered it 11-15. Looks awesome though since it is a xmas gift for my son, I don't get to open it for awhile.
Old 12-06-16, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

The Big Bang Theory Seasons 1 -9 for about $48 shipped to the US. Region Free. Press "ctrl" key to get to UK site using link.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Last edited by Classic Films; 12-06-16 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-06-16, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Classic Films
The Big Bang Theory Seasons 1 -9 for about $48 shipped to the US. Region Free. Press "ctrl" key to get to UK site using link.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
They have Justified Complete Series for $48 shipped, as well.

That's a fucking deal!
Old 12-06-16, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
I got it the 8th day after order placement. Today I received an order from Zavvi exactly a week after order placement. Both arrived unexpectedly fast. Can't seem to reason out these mixed shipping experiences
Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Just got mine in today. Ordered it 11-15. Looks awesome though since it is a xmas gift for my son, I don't get to open it for awhile.
Thanks guys, appreciate the update. Spider, that's about the exact time (+/- a day) mine was ordered so hopefully it shows up today or tomorrow. I used to be eight to ten days typically, but the last few have been in that 3 week range. I guess that's the norm until after the Christmas rush.
Old 12-06-16, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,079 Likes on 654 Posts

I can never predict stuff that comes from Amazon UK. Some stuff takes a week and a half and I have had other stuff take 6 weeks. It's bizarre.

Stuff I have ordered from Arrow UK or Zavvi is usually pretty quick and is received within 2 weeks.

I had an order from Amazon Japan the other day and it came within a week. I was shocked!
Old 12-06-16, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon

Interesting you experience with Zavvi since many folks seem to have issues with their shipping.
Yeah, no kidding...my Daredevil S1 steelie from Zavvi was 3 1/2 weeks. It's the only reason I haven't sprung for the Jessica Jones one.

My worst one was a long long time ago....I'm thinking about a decade and a half. Sega Master System, Gain Ground, complete in package from Germany. Took 3 MONTHS! I crap you not. Still have it cause I'll be darned to let that sucker go
Old 12-06-16, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

I placed a larger order, 5 items, on 11/30. One title shipped via Asendia on the 30th and has yet to arrive. The other 4 were shipped on 12/1 via DHL Global and arrived *yesterday,* the 6th. The DHL shipment has tracking all the way from its origin in Milan, IT (it was a Amazon U.K. order). The Asendia shipment has *no* tracking and I have no idea where it is but it's *supposed* to be delivered on the 14th - we'll see. I've never yet had a package delivered by them meet the delivery date.

Another single item shipped on 11/25 via Asendia has said "Arriving Monday" since Wednesday of last week. It's not here yet and, due to them providing *zero* tracking, I have no idea where it might be.

It's tempting to complain to Amazon U.K. over the lack of tracking information. There's no excuse for this in today's world.
Old 12-06-16, 06:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hariseldon
3 wks at this time of year isn't unusual esp since they appear to have abandoned Royal Mail - even my domestic packages are starting to show delays from pretty reliable delivery times. My last 6 UK packages now have all come Asendia sadly. I rarely start getting really worried until 30 days or at least 7 days after their original scheduled delivery time. Most of the time when I've contacted CS before the Delivery+7 they've usually told me to wait
It's bullshit. My Captain America box set from Amazon UK is 2 days late already. 16 days now when they fucking claim 8-12. If it's not here tomorrow, I'll be bitching. All these goddamn Euro orders are all coming Asendia, and I'm going to start bitching. I shouldn't have to pay for their bullshit Global Express shipping, which is DOUBLE the cost of the same option from Amazon Japan, to get something with a tracking number. It's going show up when they say it should, or I'm screaming for a shipping refund on every order.
Old 12-06-16, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
I can never predict stuff that comes from Amazon UK. Some stuff takes a week and a half and I have had other stuff take 6 weeks. It's bizarre.

Stuff I have ordered from Arrow UK or Zavvi is usually pretty quick and is received within 2 weeks.

I had an order from Amazon Japan the other day and it came within a week. I was shocked!
Have to admit I've had mostly good experiences with Zavvi as well. Maybe 2 dented steelbooks out of 60 or so, ordered over the last few years.

But I think it may have to do with the processing facilities which are involved when it hits the states.
Old 12-06-16, 06:42 PM

I got a notice from Zavvi they cancelled one of my orders...I guess because I own a packaging/shipping store they're worried I'm a 'freight forwarder'. And to make matters even worse, they apparently deleted my account because it won't let me log in or recognize an account associated with my e-mail

peter
Old 12-06-16, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Proglodite
I got a notice from Zavvi they cancelled one of my orders...I guess because I own a packaging/shipping store they're worried I'm a 'freight forwarder'. And to make matters even worse, they apparently deleted my account because it won't let me log in or recognize an account associated with my e-mail

peter

Why not have your residential address as your shipping location? Especially for foreign purchases.
Old 12-06-16, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper187
It's bullshit. My Captain America box set from Amazon UK is 2 days late already. 16 days now when they fucking claim 8-12. If it's not here tomorrow, I'll be bitching. All these goddamn Euro orders are all coming Asendia, and I'm going to start bitching. I shouldn't have to pay for their bullshit Global Express shipping, which is DOUBLE the cost of the same option from Amazon Japan, to get something with a tracking number. It's going show up when they say it should, or I'm screaming for a shipping refund on every order.
Dude, maybe you should just order domestic if it's that important to you. Is it really worth the stomach lining?
Old 12-06-16, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

My Deadwood set arrived today.
Old 12-07-16, 01:36 AM

Got my Hobbit set on Monday.
Old 12-07-16, 06:59 AM

Yes Got the 3D Hobbit box set Tuesday. Took 20 days - fine by me considering the savings. ( on website it kept saying delivery date Dec 2 - so was a little worried )

Looks awesome - as fat as a dictionary - the fattest movie box set in my collection.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.