Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

International Blu-ray deals

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-16, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 121 Posts
re: International Blu-ray deals

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
It is funny though. It seems the boxes that look the worse for wear have the least content damage. It's weird.
pulverized

When I saw the box I feared the worse...
The cardboard box they use is paper thin. Luckily, the contents were in great shape other than a couple of corner dings.
ding, ding

Given the box's condition I am fortunate that the set only suffered a slight corner ding.
Old 12-09-16, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Lord Of The Dings

Old 12-09-16, 10:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,074 Likes on 650 Posts

Originally Posted by wishbone
pulverized
That's exactly what my box looked like today that delivered my Alfred Hitchcock Present Complete Series & Alfred Hitchcock Collection.
Old 12-09-16, 10:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered Battlestar Galactica and Warehouse 13. The box I received today had one end literally completely torn off and then reattached with clear packing tape. BG was fine and Warehouse 13 was missing. Amazon UK refunded it without any issue and I rebought it for essentially the same price from the US site.
Old 12-10-16, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Yeah, that's how my Battlestar Galactica and Clint Eastwood sets arrived. The BD's were in great condition, though.
Old 12-10-16, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

I think we can all agree the packages arrive crushed and nobody likes their packages shipped by ASENDIA, which is slow and expensive. Can we go back to listing bargains if there are any?
Old 12-10-16, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by wishbone
pulverized

When I saw the box I feared the worse...ding, ding

Given the box's condition I am fortunate that the set only suffered a slight corner ding.

My Warehouse 13 was dry (I had it sent to a po box) but the top was totally opened like in that picture. I was amazed the set hadn't fallen out. One piece of packing tape would solve the problem............
Old 12-10-16, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by smeehrrr
I ordered Battlestar Galactica and Warehouse 13. The box I received today had one end literally completely torn off and then reattached with clear packing tape. BG was fine and Warehouse 13 was missing. Amazon UK refunded it without any issue and I rebought it for essentially the same price from the US site.
I noticed that yesterday, some 3rd party seller is selling the UK box cheap on the US site.
Old 12-10-16, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by MooMooMooMoo
I noticed that yesterday, some 3rd party seller is selling the UK box cheap on the US site.

Wow, just saw it and ordered it. No tax, but went with slow shipping to get $1 digital credit.

Good looking out there.
Old 12-11-16, 10:40 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I can confirm the Amazon France X-Files complete set includes Season 10 and the physical discs are the exact same as the domestic (my blu-ray player recognized the disc and asked if I wanted to resume from where I left off on the domestic disc I had). The packaging and episode titles on the inserts are all in French - which could make it a little difficult trying to find a particular episode without loading the disc in the player. --Peter
Old 12-11-16, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BobO'Link
It's also part of a Three Box Sets for £24 offer. I didn't find any higher priced items I truly want to go with it though...
I was excited that Dollhouse was part of that sale, until I saw it was Region B.
Old 12-12-16, 02:43 PM
Banned

Everyone who received UK orders late due to Asendia should complain to Amazon. One of mine finally showed up exactly a week late, and I got a shipping refund. If everyone would stop being patient little pushovers and demand better, it might make Amazon rethink using Asendia.
Old 12-12-16, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 810 Likes on 684 Posts

Using Asendia is way cheaper than Royal Mail for the company.
Old 12-12-16, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I was excited that Dollhouse was part of that sale, until I saw it was Region B.
The discs are Region A/B per Blu-ray.com (three different people confirming)...I've had it on my want list for a while but between Asendia and UK orders in general taking forever has me not really wanting to make another UK order until after the holidays if that soon.
Old 12-12-16, 03:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Using Asendia is way cheaper than Royal Mail for the company.
It's about to be 2017. They have no business using a carrier that doesn't even offer tracking. I don't give a fuck if it's cheaper or not. Even the more expensive "AmazonGlobal Standard" option ends up Asendia most times. The only way to guarantee avoiding the assholes is using Amazon Global Express, but Amazon UK/DE/IT/FR want nearly double what Amazon Japan charges for it. $23 to ship a BD from the UK vs $13 to ship from Japan.
Old 12-12-16, 03:32 PM
Banned

I had to bite on the Battlestar Galactica set. That price is insane at $27 shipped and the packaging looks superior to the US version (except for those ratings symbols).
Old 12-12-16, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hobbit arrived four days later than expected. I'm more concerned with the beat up condition of the external box than the lateness. They must get some really rough handling.

Are the UV codes any good?
Old 12-12-16, 10:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had two different Amazon UK orders ship a day apart, 11/18 and 11/19. The first box arrived last Tuesday, and the second (with my Hobbit purchase and other stuff) is currently MIA. For anybody annoyed with overseas shipping times, I'd toss US Customs into the mix of variables.

Several years ago I ordered two DVD's from an EBay seller in Ireland in November, and the package took nine weeks (!) to arrive. But that was also right after the incident where bombs were found in two printers shipping to the US from the Middle East, so a delay wasn't completely unexpected. I've never had an international package go missing, which sadly has not been true for domestic orders. If your package doesn't have tracking, you really don't know where the holdup lies.

And after writing that, I expect my box will arrive tomorrow.
Old 12-13-16, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I was told by someone quite familiar with Amazon that when their Canadian site refused my order it was because the USA doesn't allow Canada to ship to PO boxes. However, I recently successfully completed a purchase from An Amazon 3rd party seller in Canada to my Po box so all was good. Me not understand?
Old 12-13-16, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good source for region info?

Looking specifically at Marvel's Agent Carter Season 1. Amazon UK says region B. Other sources (Zavvi for example) say Region "free". I'm confused by this conflicting info. What is the most dependable source?
Old 12-13-16, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Easy

Looking specifically at Marvel's Agent Carter Season 1. Amazon UK says region B. Other sources (Zavvi for example) say Region "free". I'm confused by this conflicting info. What is the most dependable source?
While I haven't watched it yet, I do own the UK import and the discs has the "ABC" region logo on them.
Old 12-13-16, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

darkdaze73 already answered this specific example, but in general, I go to Blu-ray.com and search for the title, then click on the "region coding" tab to see if users have reported the regions it works on.

See here:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Agent-.../#RegionCoding

This site also has a list of discs and whether they're region free:
http://bluray.liesinc.net/index.php?region=b
Old 12-13-16, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts

I imported that Agent Carter set from the UK and can confirm it's all-region.

I'll second blu-ray.com. Search the forums as a sanity check. amazon.co.uk is quick to label everything region B, so I wouldn't put much stock in what they say.
Old 12-14-16, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the pointers. Good to know there are reliable sources out there. Any info on Ant-Man 3D? I found nothing.
Old 12-14-16, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

Thanks for the pointers. Good to know there are reliable sources out there. Any info on Ant-Man 3D? I found nothing.
The UK version? While Blu-ray.com doesn't list it on their region code tab, looking at their large scan of the back image of the Blu-ray case shows that it has the "ABC" region code logo, suggesting it's all region.
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ant-Ma...lu-ray/136434/

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.