International Blu-ray deals

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

International Blu-ray deals

Old 03-16-16, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 783 Likes on 657 Posts
re: International Blu-ray deals

Nice list, hariseldon.

I've been scouring for a separate deal on Star Trek: NG Season 7, the lone season I don't own. I never thought the complete set would get down this far. Individual seasons almost never see these discounts.
Old 03-16-16, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

Thanks for the list!

Really tempted by Enterprise and TNG, which I believe are the only Trek series I don't have complete even on DVD. I can watch on Prime, but this would be better.

EDIT: Did pull the trigger on those, plus Audrey Hepburn.

Last edited by davidh777; 03-16-16 at 09:46 AM.
Old 03-16-16, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Hari. Bought myself Being Human. Does anyone want to buy my old American-spec S1 and/or my UK-spec S2 sets? ;-)
Old 03-16-16, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris-K
Thanks, Hari. Bought myself Being Human. Does anyone want to buy my old American-spec S1 and/or my UK-spec S2 sets? ;-)
from buyer's reviews: 'disc 1 of season 2 doesn't work as it has no menu, so buyer beware....'
Old 03-16-16, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

How does ST Enterprise look on Blu-ray. I'm reading mixed reviews on it. I watched a few initial episodes streaming and it looked pretty good.
Old 03-16-16, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777
Thanks for the list!

Really tempted by Enterprise and TNG, which I believe are the only Trek series I don't have complete even on DVD. I can watch on Prime, but this would be better.

EDIT: Did pull the trigger on those, plus Audrey Hepburn.
Overpaid on TOS at Deepdiscount and bought TNG for just a little less here a few months ago. Picked up the Stardate 10-movie set in this deal after waiting years and years for them to release the director's cut of movies but it never happened. This price for all 10 movies is too good to pass up and I've given up waiting. Could never understand why studios have so many things on DVD that have yet to make it onto bluray. Now with 4k out, will we ever see it beyond DVD? Maybe it costs too much to remaster the extra scenes.

Enterprise, sorry to say, I never got into. Only caught a few episodes but the actor who I think is fantastic on another of my favorite shows, Quantum Leap, I just couldn't get used to as the captain. Plus seeing early Star Trek technology as Enterprise takes place before TOS turned me off to the series as everything looked so "old". After TOS and TNG, all subsequent series including Deep Space Nine and Voyager (ugh, it's been so long, I hope I remember the names of the series right) just paled by comparison.

Yep, couldn't pass up the Audrey Hepburn set too though I think I'm more partial to the cover on the American set.

Last edited by consoleman; 03-16-16 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-16-16, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
How does ST Enterprise look on Blu-ray. I'm reading mixed reviews on it. I watched a few initial episodes streaming and it looked pretty good.
It looks liked dated HD, which is exactly what it was produced in. I was happy with its typical video quality.
Old 03-16-16, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
It should work as long as your US player handles 50HZ properly or you have a Region Free player. Since Chris-K has UK S2 previously my guess is he's good.
Have a region-free player and a 50Hz-compatible TV. The discs are region-free BTW.
Old 03-16-16, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 987 Likes on 818 Posts

Originally Posted by consoleman
Overpaid on TOS at Deepdiscount and bought TNG for just a little less here a few months ago. Picked up the Stardate 10-movie set in this deal after waiting years and years for them to release the director's cut of movies but it never happened. This price for all 10 movies is too good to pass up and I've given up waiting. Could never understand why studios have so many things on DVD that have yet to make it onto bluray. Now with 4k out, will we ever see it beyond DVD? Maybe it costs too much to remaster the extra scenes.

Enterprise, sorry to say, I never got into. Only caught a few episodes but the actor who I think is fantastic on another of my favorite shows, Quantum Leap, I just couldn't get used to as the captain. Plus seeing early Star Trek technology as Enterprise takes place before TOS turned me off to the series as everything looked so "old". After TOS and TNG, all subsequent series including Deep Space Nine and Voyager (ugh, it's been so long, I hope I remember the names of the series right) just paled by comparison.

Yep, couldn't pass up the Audrey Hepburn set too though I think I'm more partial to the cover on the American set.
I bought TOS on an Amazon deal and haven't opened it yet. I bought the U.S. Stardate Collection for 50 bucks from an Amazon seller and have (re)watched some of them. The only single I'd bought already was #2 even though I was annoyed by the lack of director's cut.

I've seen a few random episodes of Enterprise on the Fan Collective sets and thought they were fine so I'll see. I've heard it gets better as it goes along.

I agree on the Hepburn cover, but I'd nearly pulled the trigger on the U.S. collection at $20 around the holidays so this was a nice deal.
Old 03-16-16, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777
I bought TOS on an Amazon deal and haven't opened it yet. I bought the U.S. Stardate Collection for 50 bucks from an Amazon seller and have (re)watched some of them. The only single I'd bought already was #2 even though I was annoyed by the lack of director's cut.

I've seen a few random episodes of Enterprise on the Fan Collective sets and thought they were fine so I'll see. I've heard it gets better as it goes along.

I agree on the Hepburn cover, but I'd nearly pulled the trigger on the U.S. collection at $20 around the holidays so this was a nice deal.
The absence of Star Trek director's cut movies on bluray just makes me treasure my Star Trek DVD collection more. While most people have been relegating their DVDs to storage bins in their closet, I actually like the way DVDs are packaged compare to blurays. They may take up more space but, to me, they look more substantial in what you get than bluray to make you appreciate films more. When I look at Director's Cut, Limited Edition and Collector's Edition DVDs, it just makes me wish bluray would give me more than a disk inside a tiny box with nothing more than an insert if you even get that. Hoping 4k doesn't follow the sparse packaging of bluray.

I haven't exactly been fair to Enterprise basing my opinion on just a few early episodes I watched so many years ago. After TOS and TNG, I guess I was spoiled to the point that all the series that followed just wasn't "Star Trek" enough for me. They were just sci-fi series vaguely touching upon the Star Trek universe that I knew and I don't give things a chance when they're too different. I'm sure most true Trekkies would enjoy Enterprise.

Yep, almost bought the Hepburn set for over $20 but held off. So glad I did so I can buy it cheaper here.

Last edited by consoleman; 03-17-16 at 09:27 PM.
Old 03-28-16, 01:28 PM

not really boxset deals but some great prices on Eureka releases - stateside pricing never gets to these levels. Just note 90% of them are Region B

http://www.blu-ray.com/deals/?showpr...udiorating=all
Old 03-28-16, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I don't see anything at that link.
Old 03-28-16, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,177 Likes on 906 Posts

You gotta tweak your country of choice to UK from the search bar.
Old 03-28-16, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Ahah. I pressed Union Jack and it worked. Thanks!
Old 03-28-16, 03:11 PM

I don't see anything at that link.
Sorry, I missed mentioning that you need to set the country of preference from the dropdown list. Do that first and then reload the link. Thanks, Why So Blue.
Old 03-28-16, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I picked up the Shoah (and 4 Films after Shoah) set. I had it on my Criterion list (which is rather small) but Criterion doesn't have these other movies in their set. For the price (About $48 shipped), I couldn't pass this up.
Old 03-29-16, 06:31 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Was that just a one-day sale on Eureka titles? I had quite a few in my cart, but wanted to my billing card to one with better rewards...but all the prices went up this morning --Peter
Old 03-29-16, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't know, but sale prices rarely last much longer than a day at Amazon.co.uk.
Old 03-29-16, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Amazon UK is currently doing a 3 for £20 sale which includes a lot of Arrow titles. Might be cheaper than Arrow's current sale.
Old 03-29-16, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Amazon UK is currently doing a 3 for £20 sale which includes a lot of Arrow titles. Might be cheaper than Arrow's current sale.
Can you link it? I put 3 in my basket, went to check out, there was no savings. Which ones qualify?
Old 03-29-16, 10:37 PM
Premium Member

Received 676 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Can you link it? I put 3 in my basket, went to check out, there was no savings. Which ones qualify?
see if this works:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=lp_69...ode=6967655031
Old 03-29-16, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Nice. That worked. Scooped up Night of the Comet, People Under the Stairs, and Rabid.
Old 03-30-16, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by The Cow
This is the above link with the search term "Arrow"
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...31%2Ck%3Aarrow
Old 03-30-16, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Overpar
This is the above link with the search term "Arrow"
https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb...31%2Ck%3Aarrow
Thanks, this is much easier
Old 03-30-16, 11:03 AM

Just this year I've started redeeming my UV movies, as this seems to be a very good way of sharing movies with family, since it enables you to share movies with up to five family/friends. Somehow this has shifted my priority when buying discs, as the available UV option is now one of my sought after feature. This has decreased my interest in Amazon.Uk as their discs do not have UV, or if they do, cannot be redeemed in the U.S. Wish they'd make this feature available everywhere and not restricted by geography.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.