Reload this Page >

International Blu-ray deals

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

International Blu-ray deals

Old 12-29-12, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
re: International Blu-ray deals

I have not received my Warner Hitch (Strangers On a Train etc.) set which has an estimated delivery date of 12/24. It was dispatched December 15. I received other sets with a January estimated delivery so I sent Amazon.uk an e-mail asking them about my missing order and requesting they resend if necessary. I will see how they respond. It was sent royal mail.

Update:
Their response was to wait until January 3, 2013. If package has not been received by then, contact them again by replying to their e-mail.

Last edited by Classic Films; 12-29-12 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-29-12, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just received the Harry Potter blu-ray set yesterday and it was 'supposed' to be here on 12/17... I would give it some more time before anyone starts asking for a replacement shipment.
Old 12-29-12, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Classic Films
I have not received my Warner Hitch (Strangers On a Train etc.) set which has an estimated delivery date of 12/24. It was dispatched December 15. I received other sets with a January estimated delivery so I sent Amazon.uk an e-mail asking them about my missing order and requesting they resend if necessary. I will see how they respond. It was sent royal mail.

Update:
Their response was to wait until January 3, 2013. If package has not been received by then, contact them again by replying to their e-mail.
Royal Mail takes 10-14 days usually while DHL can take up to 21-24 days. Especially during the holidays. I've received Royal Mail packages in 3 days during normal times.

It took me 23 days to get the limited Hitchcock set from Amazon UK via DHL. I just ordered the Warner set via Zavvi.
Old 01-03-13, 10:52 PM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Received my order of Universal Monsters today exactly a month after it shipped out on Dec 3rd 2012. Package said Royal Mail - may have been stuck in customs or the Christmas season could have been the reason. also poorly packaged - packing material at the bottom while Bluray case on top was virtually kissing the top part of the box. I sliced the tape with my pocket knife and could have easily sliced the packaging. anyways, great price compared to the US pricing
Old 01-04-13, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think generally, if you want something quickly, Amazon.uk is not the way to go for U.S. customers. But if you're looking for a good deal, don't mind researching region compatibility and don't mind waiting 2-4 weeks, they are pretty freaking great.

I'm dangerously close to dropping an order for

Battlestar Galactica (and selling my Cylon head box)
Back to the Future Trilogy
Toy Story Trilogy

All together, they'd be about $100 shipped.
Old 01-04-13, 11:20 AM

My order for the Universal Monsters Collection shipped on Dec 27 and arrived Jan 3. I'm pleased with that wait time.
Old 01-04-13, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,026 Likes on 725 Posts

I (in Canada) get orders from amazon UK faster than amazon US, and with significantly lower shipping costs. They usually arrive within a week of shipping.

The worst, for me, is B&N. I'm still waiting for my Criterion sale discs. One order which was shipped about a month ago, the second was just over 3 weeks ago. Ugh!
Old 01-04-13, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Received my order of Universal Monsters today exactly a month after it shipped out on Dec 3rd 2012. Package said Royal Mail - may have been stuck in customs or the Christmas season could have been the reason. also poorly packaged - packing material at the bottom while Bluray case on top was virtually kissing the top part of the box. I sliced the tape with my pocket knife and could have easily sliced the packaging. anyways, great price compared to the US pricing
My Universal Monsters set was packaged in a similar way, but mine got a big dent at the top of the packaging.

Everything else is in great shape, so I'm not too worried.
Old 01-04-13, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by asianxcore
My Universal Monsters set was packaged in a similar way, but mine got a big dent at the top of the packaging.

Everything else is in great shape, so I'm not too worried.
Mine arrived damaged as well. But it wasn't terrible enough for me to want to pay for return shipping... My Hitchcock set arrived mint at least...
Old 01-04-13, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Mine arrived damaged as well. But it wasn't terrible enough for me to want to pay for return shipping... My Hitchcock set arrived mint at least...
Did you get the Limited Edition Hitchcock set, or the standard?
Old 01-05-13, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Definitely how I feel as well. The dent is substantial and it's on the top of the spine. But when I have it faced out on my shelf, I don't see it. Worries over
Old 01-05-13, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by awil1026
Did you get the Limited Edition Hitchcock set, or the standard?
standard
Old 01-19-13, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 362 Likes on 214 Posts

Ordered "Westerns Collection" on 01/08/13. Shipped out 01/09/13. It arrived today (01/18/13). Last order I placed from Amazon UK was 12/10 and it took Alien Anthology over 30 days to get to me.

Last edited by kahuna; 01-19-13 at 01:30 AM.
Old 02-25-13, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Did the Superman Anthology set go out of print? They had a good deal for quite a while, but now the only option is other sellers, and much higher prices:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman-Pic...1808582&sr=8-1
Old 02-25-13, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
Did the Superman Anthology set go out of print? They had a good deal for quite a while, but now the only option is other sellers, and much higher prices:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Superman-Pic...1808582&sr=8-1
Warner loves pulling their catalog out of print before a new movie is going to premiere. With Man Of Steel coming out in June, my guess is that no more copies are being pressed at the moment.
Old 02-25-13, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^ It makes sense. Around BF they can release the Super-Duperman Anthology, which includes the new film.
Old 02-25-13, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Crap, I had been stocking up on Amazon.co.uk giftcards, hoping to cash out on that after I got one or two more. Now I need to figure out something else to order.
Old 02-25-13, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,014 Likes on 838 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Warner loves pulling their catalog out of print before a new movie is going to premiere. With Man Of Steel coming out in June, my guess is that no more copies are being pressed at the moment.
I have never for the life of me understood this strategy. It's like Disney Vault with stupid timing.
Old 02-25-13, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

Thank God.
Old 02-25-13, 11:13 PM

Saw the posts, did some research, then bought

Battlestar Galactica Complete Set
I Am Bruce Lee
Les Miserables 25th Anniversary

49.85 pounds. Should come out to around $80 after forex charges, I think. 2 months to wait. Good I'm in no rush
Old 03-29-13, 07:30 PM

So now my order is 10 days late already from the expected delivery date. Do you think there's hope I'll still get the package? I'm in no rush but do want to get it still. I usually get it close to the delivery date, advised Amazon about it, and has been advised they will refund me instead of replacing the order Very disappointed since I purchase from Amazon UK every now and then. I just wish they have tracking available for their Royal shipments.
Old 03-29-13, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 806 Likes on 680 Posts

Originally Posted by DVDGamer
So now my order is 10 days late already from the expected delivery date. Do you think there's hope I'll still get the package? I'm in no rush but do want to get it still. I usually get it close to the delivery date, advised Amazon about it, and has been advised they will refund me instead of replacing the order Very disappointed since I purchase from Amazon UK every now and then. I just wish they have tracking available for their Royal shipments.
Ten days late on a shipment from the UK isn't that late. Packages often get stuck in customs for an extra couple of weeks, if the cargo container it's packed on is singled out. I don't start worrying about a package from Europe unless it has been one month since they first shipped it.
Old 03-29-13, 09:21 PM
Banned

Ten days late on a shipment from the UK isn't that late. Packages often get stuck in customs for an extra couple of weeks, if the cargo container it's packed on is singled out. I don't start worrying about a package from Europe unless it has been one month since they first shipped it.
What is this, 1990? A month is insane. If they actually use Royal Mail, I get it faster than I would a package from Canada (and I'm a few hours from Niagra Falls, for christ sakes). If they use DHL, it doesn't show up at all, and that's why I can't order from Amazon UK without shelling for expedited anymore.
Old 03-30-13, 07:14 AM

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Just last month, I received a package from them that took a month to get to me. And yet I've had packages before that arrived in about a week.
Old 03-31-13, 07:21 AM

My packages range from 8 days and upwards of 15-18 depending on the item. I have no problem with AUK

I recently bought 6 Thunderbird BR boxed sets for about $45 US. 2 came in 8 days, the other 4 will be here Tuesdayish (14 total days)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.