Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-11, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
re: Horror Movie Empire shenanigans (was: Blue Underground BDs $10 each)

Originally Posted by Phibes
He keeps tweeting that he's sending out shipping notices but I've yet to get one
Didn't someone post that it's a one-man shop? I would imagine if he's dealing with thousands (tens of thousands maybe?) of orders it could take a little while to get around to shipping all those orders.
Old 12-23-11, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaymole
Why regret it...paypal has buyer protection so you will get your money back if the seller never ships.
Yes, but I have only 45 days to file a claim. I can't imagine it would take that long to ship, but who knows.
Old 12-23-11, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Didn't someone post that it's a one-man shop? I would imagine if he's dealing with thousands (tens of thousands maybe?) of orders it could take a little while to get around to shipping all those orders.
I placed another order last night. The difference between that invoice number and the one from two week ago was around 900. Still a lot to process for one guy, but not in the tens of thousands.
Old 12-23-11, 09:38 AM

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by akiramole
Yes, but I have only 45 days to file a claim. I can't imagine it would take that long to ship, but who knows.
I'd file a claim after 30 days if I don't get my stuff. Who cares how hard he's getting slam with the orders or if he's a only a one man gang. No special treatment from me. There's also a phone number provided on the order invoice so I'd try that first also.
Old 12-23-11, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 444 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by davidlynchfan
I'd file a claim after 30 days if I don't get my stuff. Who cares how hard he's getting slam with the orders or if he's a only a one man gang. No special treatment from me. There's also a phone number provided on the order invoice so I'd try that first also.
The phone # doesn't appear to be working for me.
Old 12-23-11, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I ordered with paypal because I was hesitant to give my credit card info to a website I was unfamiliar with. Looks like I might regret that.
I ordered with paypal because I was hesitant to give my credit card info to a website I was unfamiliar with. Looks like I might regret that.
Except credit cards offer more protection than paypal since banks have to follow things like federal rules. Paypal is an operation that isn't regulated.
Old 12-23-11, 03:36 PM

My order from the Shout Factory sale finally arrived today. Payment had cleared a week and a half ago.

Like dan31655 reported, he had it sent to me from Amazon. I'm pleased that it arrived before Christmas, but there was never any mention that the titles I ordered were out of stock. I just assumed he purchased wholesale and had everything he was selling on hand. Still, a nice gesture.
Old 12-24-11, 09:13 PM
Cool New Member

Just ordered these five Blu-Ray's:

Deep Red
Maniac
The Prowler
The Stendhal Syndrome
Zombie

I paid with a credit card instead of Paypal so hopefully I get my order within a few weeks. I used the 5$ off coupon SCREAM which brought the total to 45$, you can't beat that.
Old 12-24-11, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Shit. I just CANNOT do this right now, but there are so many titles there that I've been wanting.

After the Criterion sale, Black Friday, the Deep Discount cult/Synapse sale, the LE Twilight Times, Christmas & a few other things, I'm probably going to have to hold off...and it sucks.
Old 12-24-11, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ok, just read through the thread. If these prices maintain for a bit, I will buy the shit out of most of this stuff.
Old 12-25-11, 05:24 AM

^ The guy mentioned the sale was running through Christmas, but that he might extend it. Still, nothing guaranteed after today. I've read he's pretty backed up with all the orders. I seriously doubt anything is getting shipped out in 72 hours like it says on the main page.

Blue Underground also removed the link to his website from their Facebook page... I wonder what the deal is there?
Old 12-25-11, 09:03 PM

Just got an email newsletter from HorrorMovieEmpire with this news...

SUBJECT: Blue Underground Sale EXTENDED THROUGH NEW YEARS-SCORPION SALE STARTS MIDNIGHT!d

Blue Underground Sale

EXTENDED THROUGH NEW YEARS!

Save a TON on all Blue Underground DVDs and Blu-Rays including Pre-Orders!
SHOP NOW

That's right, the now famous Blue Underground sale has been extended by a week but to reward all of you who bought during the first week the prices have changed slightly....ALL BU DVDs just $8.50! and ALL Blu just $11.50!! SCORPION Releasing sale also starts tonight at Midnight (Central Chicago Time) with pre-orders just $8 and DVDs only $9!
http://www.shop.horrormovieempire.com/Scorpion_c165.htm

Quick PayPal update...we didn't expect to hear from them during the holiday weekend and we didn't we will be shipping all paypal orders because we fully expect they are just taking their time with it and access will be fully restored to us soon...to point out, you can STILL pay with paypal and we will get the payments, we just can't touch the funds right now due to the hugely overwhelming success of the blue underground sale! Coming soon....Synapse/Impulse/Panik House Sale!

As always, FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING on all orders....no minimums! Thank you for keeping us alive, and please spread the word even more!
Old 12-25-11, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Phibes
He keeps tweeting that he's sending out shipping notices but I've yet to get one :(
All in due time. :) Worry not, dude; be patient. I'm responsible for swamping the dude with all these orders since my Blu-ray.com deal threads about the Shout! and Blue Underground sales got him way more business than he had ever anticipated. Halfway through the week he mentioned having gotten around 1,000 orders for the BU sale alone!

It'll happen, I just think people gotta show some patience. I understand getting worried about an online store you've never shopped at before, but I think you'll be satisfied in the end. :)

FWIW, the Hammer Collection incident I mentioned above notwithstanding, all of my HME orders prior to the Shout! sale have all arrived within days of ordering.

Originally Posted by joe_b
My order from the Shout Factory sale finally arrived today. Payment had cleared a week and a half ago.

Like dan31655 reported, he had it sent to me from Amazon. I'm pleased that it arrived before Christmas, but there was never any mention that the titles I ordered were out of stock. I just assumed he purchased wholesale and had everything he was selling on hand. Still, a nice gesture.
The items are in stock (I asked him about it), the only reason he sent them through Amazon is because people were griping about their orders having not arrived, so rather than delay shipment further, he placed the orders through Amazon. He buys wholesale and has all these items in stock (if it says "in stock" on the site, there's a very good chance it is in stock), but this was a special case.

Last edited by Abnormal Freak; 12-25-11 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-26-11, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Abnormal Freak
All in due time. Worry not, dude; be patient. I'm responsible for swamping the dude with all these orders since my Blu-ray.com deal threads about the Shout! and Blue Underground sales got him way more business than he had ever anticipated. Halfway through the week he mentioned having gotten around 1,000 orders for the BU sale alone!

It'll happen, I just think people gotta show some patience. I understand getting worried about an online store you've never shopped at before, but I think you'll be satisfied in the end.

FWIW, the Hammer Collection incident I mentioned above notwithstanding, all of my HME orders prior to the Shout! sale have all arrived within days of ordering.

The items are in stock (I asked him about it), the only reason he sent them through Amazon is because people were griping about their orders having not arrived, so rather than delay shipment further, he placed the orders through Amazon. He buys wholesale and has all these items in stock (if it says "in stock" on the site, there's a very good chance it is in stock), but this was a special case.
Just admit that it's you running the website. If you can't be honest about that, how can we believe all that other stuff. And, if it's not you, it sounds incredibly shady. Has anybody gotten anything from this site which hasn't shipped thru Amazon? That business model is unsustainable.
Old 12-26-11, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Peep
Just admit that it's you running the website. If you can't be honest about that, how can we believe all that other stuff. And, if it's not you, it sounds incredibly shady. Has anybody gotten anything from this site which hasn't shipped thru Amazon? That business model is unsustainable.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Old 12-26-11, 08:34 AM

I just got this email from them:

"EXTENDED THROUGH NEW YEARS!

Save a TON on all Blue Underground DVDs and Blu-Rays including Pre-Orders!
SHOP NOW

That's right, the now famous Blue Underground sale has been extended by a week but to reward all of you who bought during the first week the prices have changed slightly....ALL BU DVDs just $8.50! and ALL Blu just $11.50!! SCORPION Releasing sale also starts tonight at Midnight (Central Chicago Time) with pre-orders just $8 and DVDs only $9! Quick PayPal update...we didn't expect to hear from them during the holiday weekend and we didn't we will be shipping all paypal orders because we fully expect they are just taking their time with it and access will be fully restored to us soon...to point out, you can STILL pay with paypal and we will get the payments, we just can't touch the funds right now due to the hugely overwhelming success of the blue underground sale! Coming soon....Synapse/Impulse/Panik House Sale!

As always, FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING on all orders....no minimums! Thank you for keeping us alive, and please spread the word even more!"

I paid w/ Paypal, so it looks like i'll be waiting for awhile... which is okay, cause I got a stockpile of other shit to watch, and this guy seems pretty reputable, if you subtract all the paraniod comments from this thread...
Old 12-26-11, 09:51 AM

I decided to give this sale a shot. Ordered:

Deep Red (Blu-Ray)
House By The Cemetery (Blu-Ray)
Inferno (Blu-Ray)
Final Countdown (Blu-ray DVD)
Zombie (Blu-Ray) 2-Disk Ultimate Edition
City of the Living Dead (Blu-ray DVD)
Old 12-26-11, 03:45 PM

Has anyone who paid with a credit card gotten their item or had shipping confirmation from the BU sale? I'm tempted to pick up some Scorpion titles and am still waiting for them to ship my last order which I paid for with Paypal. I wish the deals weren't so good so I wouldn't feel so tempted to buy from him.
Old 12-26-11, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Kind of bullshit that he upped the prices.

I've been considering it. If I knew I could afford it I would have bought about 15 or more titles. Was still considering maybe getting 5 or 6 that I really want, but this irritates me and pushes me more to not ordering.
Old 12-27-11, 06:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jrsl76

I've been considering it. If I knew I could afford it I would have bought about 15 or more titles. Was still considering maybe getting 5 or 6 that I really want, but this irritates me and pushes me more to not ordering.
If you use code SCREAM they are only $10.35. Only 35 cents more since most of put in orders before we knew about the code.
Old 12-27-11, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jrsl76

I don't see why it's bullshit at all. The sale was ending and the announcement went out around the time the sale ended. If you were still considering getting something at that point, you would've missed the sale altogether if he didn't extend it. It was ending the 25th at midnight Central time.
Old 12-27-11, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I find it bullshit that if he decides to extend, he raises prices. You don't have to understand, but it still irritates me.

His prices are good though.
Old 12-28-11, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^
As noted above, you'd only be paying .35 more per title.
Old 12-28-11, 07:58 AM

Has anyone heard tale of shipping notices, or have received shipment? Its been a week for me, and nothing but crickets...
Old 12-28-11, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 444 Likes on 251 Posts

Just got a shipping notice today for 3 of the Blu-rays I ordered through paypal.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.