Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 11-26-11, 02:03 AM   #76
DirkBelig
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: BEN HUR UCE Best Buy Exclusive -- 10.99 at B&M

I never got confirmation, but it appears to be missing only RKO241 (movie on DVD) and the postcards. I already had the movie, so I'm happy.

Got an email that the Ben Hur was backordered, but I knew that. When it gets here, it gets here.
Latest Blu-rays: America Lost and Found: The BBS Story (Criterion); X-Men: Days of Future Past; Anchorman 2; The Lone Ranger; 47 Ronin; 300: Rise of an Empire; The Heat; Captain Phillips; The Wolf of Wall Street; This Is The End; American Hustle; Noah; Don Jon; Oblivion; Rush; The Bang Bang Club; This Means War; Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Old 11-26-11, 06:11 AM   #77
darkdaze73
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDMagic View Post
Not liking the look of this for my instore pick up.

I received the initial 'Thank You For Your Order' that states I'll get a seperate email with confirmation my item is ready for pick up....except I have yet to get that emal and I placed my order 5 hours ago.

Hopefully I get it asap. I also received the same email for the one I decided to have shipped - I'll not be too happy of I don't get either.

Is anyone else waiting to hear?

I actually just checked the site and it's now showing Unavailable at the store I hope to pick it up from, even though it stated in stock when I ordered.

Guess I'll wait and see...
Hopefully you get yours, but if you do not, the store I went to yesterday had a couple left(Burlington store). But of course that was yesterday morning. Just figured I would throw that out there for you or anyone in the central NC area.
Old 11-26-11, 07:38 AM   #78
Superdaddy
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Got a confirmation e-mail that says UCE exclusive version is ready for pickup. Hope that's correct. Now I just have to find the time to get over there...
Old 11-26-11, 08:10 AM   #79
toldawg128

Apparently they couldn't find it for in-store pick-up. Yeah right. I should've just went over there and got it myself.
Old 11-26-11, 08:56 AM   #80
DVDMagic
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDMagic View Post
Not liking the look of this for my instore pick up.

I received the initial 'Thank You For Your Order' that states I'll get a seperate email with confirmation my item is ready for pick up....except I have yet to get that emal and I placed my order 5 hours ago.

Hopefully I get it asap. I also received the same email for the one I decided to have shipped - I'll not be too happy of I don't get either.

Is anyone else waiting to hear?

I actually just checked the site and it's now showing Unavailable at the store I hope to pick it up from, even though it stated in stock when I ordered.

Guess I'll wait and see...
Good News! They sent me the email I was waiting on at 715am, so my copy is at the store ready to be picked up
Old 11-26-11, 09:23 AM   #81
groundhog

Many thanks OP for the great find. I ordered one online and it is of course backordered, but we will see if it goes through. I did order one for in-store pick-up and they came back and said they couldn't find it. Tried again at another Best Buy and the order went through and got the pick-up email. Of course fearing they pulled the one that si on sale for 10.99...the movie only version, I went to pick it up, and to my surprise, they pulled the box set!!!!! Greatness! $11.80 out the door, no problems at all. What a great find OP!!!
Old 11-26-11, 10:32 AM   #82
FilmJunkie29

Stopped by the Peoria, IL Best Buy last night around 10PM and snagged a copy of Ben-Hur UCE with the figurine. There was still one more copy on the shelf if anyone is in the area and interested. They also had multiple copies of Citizen Kane.
Old 11-26-11, 10:54 AM   #83
bluetoast
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm pretty late to the party (the clean up crew is in sight) but I'll try my luck at this today. At the least, I should get Kane.
Old 11-26-11, 11:15 AM   #84
TheMovieman
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
I'm pretty late to the party (the clean up crew is in sight) but I'll try my luck at this today. At the least, I should get Kane.
Me too. Going to get there when they open and take a chance.
Old 11-26-11, 11:50 AM   #85
Doc Moonlight
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Online status is back to being Sold Out online and Not Available for In-Store Pick-Up. Hope my back-order goes through.
Old 11-26-11, 12:00 PM   #86
Adam Tyner
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

The store down the road from me didn't have it. Sob.
"When you're in your twenties, you wonder what everyone's thinking of you. When you're in your thirties, you don't care what people think of you. And when you reach your forties, you find out no one was ever thinking of you in the first place."
-Patton Oswalt
Old 11-26-11, 12:18 PM   #87
Detective Thorn

Decided to check the Best Buy site for other digibooks since Citizen Kane and the Exorcist are on sale.

It looks like Dirty Harry, Batman, Goodfellas, and Seven are on sale as well. At the very least there are Blu-ray versions of those movies on sale for $10.99. I am not familiar enough with the digibooks to know if those titles have multiple releases. I will try to update if I see more.

Edited to add:

Green Mile
The Color Purple
The Matrix

All are $10.99 on the site as well and appear to be digibooks.

Last edited by Detective Thorn; 11-26-11 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 11-26-11, 12:27 PM   #88
PlumPeach

The closest store for pickup on Ben Hur is two hours away from me so I ordered it online and will wait for the backorder. However, I did find a Citizen Kane at a store near me and will be picking it up later today.
Old 11-26-11, 12:52 PM   #89
Undeadcow
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Still iffy but when I ordered the Best Buy exclusive Dark Knight with cheap clown mask novelty last year (?) I got a back order notice but it still ended up shipping weeks later.
Old 11-26-11, 01:11 PM   #90
adrenaline78
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So I got Instore pickup confirmation, and went to the store. 40 min drive. When I get there they can't find the thing and then say that someone got confused and thought the other collectors set was the one.

They did price match, but I didn't get the figurine. Hopefully the backorder does go through.
Old 11-26-11, 01:32 PM   #91
hariseldon
DVD Talk Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlumPeach View Post
The closest store for pickup on Ben Hur is two hours away from me so I ordered it online and will wait for the backorder. However, I did find a Citizen Kane at a store near me and will be picking it up later today.
While you are there check the instore kiosk for inventory in your store or nearby stores. Generally I find that systme to be far more accurate than the national web based inventory. I found 2 copies this morning in a store that listed none in stock and several other nearby stores also had 3 or more listed available. I cancelled both the BH and CK online order -- maybe somebody on the waitlist will get that one.
Old 11-26-11, 01:50 PM   #92
kbarkerok

ordered Ben Hur online twice for store pickup.

both times was emailed later saying store didnt have them

go to my nearest best buy today, and they have 4 behind the customer service desk- unpurchased, no employee i can find knows why they're pulled, but cant sell.

these arent online purchases, clearly they were pulled so they would be sold, or reserved for employees.

customer service on phone was no help, and wouldnt let me choose the store for pickup instead.

sent crappy email on website- as someone who has spent over $8000 ( mostly for business) at best buy this year alone, hopefully i can get some reponse.
Old 11-26-11, 02:30 PM   #93
TheMovieman
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Success at mine. Had one on the shelf and rang up at $10.99. Thanks OP!
Old 11-26-11, 02:56 PM   #94
kahuna
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

As far as I know not available at our 2 local stores. Just ordered the version that comes with 2BD's & 2 Dvd's from BB online with free shipping. Final cost $11.51.
Old 11-26-11, 03:35 PM   #95
bobwil54

What a pain in the ass trying to get this. I ordered it last night and was told it was out of stock at my store. I got to my store to pick up the rest of my order and found 6 copies on the shelf. Get it together Best Buy. It took them an hour to find my copy of Pulp Fiction in the stock room and was alittle upset it come without the slipcover. Oh well I guess I should be grateful. So for anyone looking for Ben Hur just check your store since the website is useless and unreliable.
Old 11-26-11, 03:56 PM   #96
sirbrady

I got this one in store for 10.99.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Ben-Hur%...&CJPID=3594900
Old 11-26-11, 04:18 PM   #97
DVD Polizei
DVD Talk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarkerok View Post
ordered Ben Hur online twice for store pickup.

both times was emailed later saying store didnt have them

go to my nearest best buy today, and they have 4 behind the customer service desk- unpurchased, no employee i can find knows why they're pulled, but cant sell.

these arent online purchases, clearly they were pulled so they would be sold, or reserved for employees.

customer service on phone was no help, and wouldnt let me choose the store for pickup instead.

sent crappy email on website- as someone who has spent over $8000 ( mostly for business) at best buy this year alone, hopefully i can get some reponse.
Yeah, that's why I have stuff shipped to me if available. Not worth the bullshit I experience at the stores.

If no employee knew why they were pulled and no names on them I would have insisted on getting a manager.

"I don't sell airplane parts. I've never sold airplane parts."
Old 11-26-11, 04:36 PM   #98
Manzana
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbrady View Post
Is this the same disc inside that the $10.99 gift set with the figure has?

If it is, I should order 1 as a backup in case my gift set order never arrives. I ordered the gift set about 15 minutes after the deal started so I should be 1 of the earliest orders, but that doesn't guarantee I'll get it nor that BB.com fulfills orders in the order they arrive. I know some sites (Toys R Us for instance) don't as I've placed multiple orders (some for the same item) and had later orders ship first while the first order went on backorder.
Old 11-26-11, 04:48 PM   #99
sirbrady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
Is this the same disc inside that the $10.99 gift set with the figure has?

If it is, I should order 1 as a backup in case my gift set order never arrives. I ordered the gift set about 15 minutes after the deal started so I should be 1 of the earliest orders, but that doesn't guarantee I'll get it nor that BB.com fulfills orders in the order they arrive. I know some sites (Toys R Us for instance) don't as I've placed multiple orders (some for the same item) and had later orders ship first while the first order went on backorder.
I don't know...it says 2 BDs + 2 DVDs. The Ultimate figure set has 3 BDs, the combo is missing the extras I think. The combo was 34.99 yesterday, but I think a pricing mistake was made. Maybe this was supposed to be the 10.99 one and not the figure set. I picked this up in case my backorder gets cancelled.
Old 11-26-11, 04:58 PM   #100
Cabeza2

Thanks for the tip on this. I was able to pick up both Ben Hur and Citizen Kane for $22. Even the checkout guy was amazed at the discount on Ben Hur
Sponsored Links