Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart black Friday ad

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Wal-Mart black Friday ad

Old 11-10-11, 07:27 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Wal-Mart black Friday ad

Just released via bfads.net. Nothing worth writing home about. No LOTR sale. I guess that'll be at BB, Fry's, or Amazon.

http://bfads.net/Ad/Walmart-2011

$5
Marley & Me
Lord of the Rings (one movie, can't make out which one. Probably each one)
Gran Torino
The Matrix
The Dark Knight
Independence Day
Land of the Dead
X-Men
Princess Bride
Hot Tub Time Machine
Blind Side
300 (first release)
I Am Legend
Quantum of Solace
Inception

$10
The A-Team
Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Fast & Furious
The Book of Eli
Clash of the Titans (remake)
The Bourne Identity
Sherlock Holmes
The Wizard of Oz
Due Date
Fast Five

Last edited by E Unit; 11-10-11 at 07:34 AM.
Old 11-10-11, 07:48 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Re: Wal-Mart black Friday ad

Screwed up, didn't realize the BF ad is already posted in the regular Wal-Mart bargains thread. Mods, feel free to close or merge thread.
Old 11-10-11, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pretty much already own everything I want from that list of $5 titles, and the only $10 title I would get is Fast Five. However I have the patience and enough of a backlog that I can wait until it is $5 next Thanksgiving.

Note they do say other titles available so most likely this is about half of the ones they will have based on the # of titles they sold last year. So just maybe there will be some $5 titles for me. I'm looking at The Crow specifically to be one off those hopefully.
Old 11-10-11, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I actually think it's better that we keep this seperate of the regular thread since it is specific enough. IMO
Old 11-10-11, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Agreed. Otherwise the other WM thread will just get filled with Black Friday talk. We should keep the BF discussions separate.

Definitely a few good $5 deals, all of which I already own of course. So if this is truly it, I can skip WM this year. I'll have to check out the entire ad to see if there is anything I want from other departments...
Old 11-10-11, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Schloob1
I actually think it's better that we keep this seperate of the regular thread since it is specific enough. IMO
Most of the discussion is in this thread so far: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/blu-ray-bar...-wal-mart.html

I usually post where I see more discussion even though I agree keeping the BF BD discussion in a separate thread is probably best (as it will become full of BF stories and speculation). :-) Maybe if it's not too much work a moderator can move the last page or 2 of the Walmart BD bargains thread above into this thread?

EDIT: Having looked more closely at the BF ad, now I'm even more bummed about BF (I look toward BF with more dread than excitement because it's too much work, stress, and time-consuming)...

They're starting at 10 PM Thursday this time! I guess they don't want me to get any sleep Thanksgiving night or BF morning, do they? I preferred 5 AM before, but then it was midnight. I thought no stores would be low enough to move it any earlier on Thanksgiving, but here we go... 10 PM. Next year 7 PM. It'll keep creeping earlier and then I can kiss off both Thanksgiving and BF as being able to get sleep or accomplish anything else. Reminds me of political primaries... every state keeps moving them earlier and earlier in the "me first" game. Or how people now put up their Christmas decorations after Halloween... it used to be after Thanksgiving. <Sigh>

Last edited by Manzana; 11-10-11 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-10-11, 09:43 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Wow....laaaaaaame.
Old 11-10-11, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,299 Likes on 943 Posts

Wonderful. Black Friday on Thursday.
Old 11-10-11, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Someone jacked my copy of The Dark Knight, so this will be a great opportunity to pick up another.
Old 11-10-11, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

$50 dollar Blu-Ray's? No thanks.
Old 11-10-11, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana

They're starting at 10 PM Thursday this time!
Actually I think they have been doing this for the last couple of years. Last year I got there around 11 PM or so and the DVDs/BD's had already been put out.

WM is about the only place (besides maybe Big Lots), that I make a habit of going to. (Usually I go on Wed to Target and buy what I want and then PM Fri morning) I only see three titles I want (and since they are advertised, they will probably be Lightning Deals at Amazon). But if past years are any indication, this is only a small sampling of what they will really have and it will be worth the trip.

Originally Posted by Manzana
EDIT: Having looked more closely at the BF ad, now I'm even more bummed about BF (I look toward BF with more dread than excitement because it's too much work, stress, and time-consuming)...
There is a bit of stress having to weed through all the threads, hoping you can get the deals and spending countless hours on the computer. I'm thinking this year may even be worse. On a side note, has anyone heard anything about free Prime at Amazon. I can't believe they would cancel that promo, esp. since Best Buy is offering free shipping this year.

$$$$
Old 11-10-11, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Buried on the last page three Disney films for $16.96 starting 8 AM:
Cars 2
Lion King
On Stranger Tides

Anyone notice the full price Amazon Kindle products? What a lame BF ad.
Old 11-10-11, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Maxflier
$50 dollar Blu-Ray's? No thanks.
Lol was just gong to comment on the placement of that circle. I hope it's a site specific watermark type thing and not on the actual ad or I don't think they'll be selling any blu rays on bf.
Old 11-10-11, 10:46 AM

Anyone notice that the A-Team is $5 AND $10?!

Not that I would buy it for $2.
Old 11-10-11, 12:02 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wonder if they messed up and put the blu in place of the dvd.. Nothing in this ad stands out, but I might go anyhow just to see what else the assortment is all about.
Old 11-10-11, 12:43 PM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Most of those $5 titles are $4 at Blockbuster's 5 for $20 promotion...nothing to to freeze your ass for
Old 11-10-11, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,151 Likes on 900 Posts

Meh..nothing to get excited about. The only thing I'd pick up is Fast Five but I'm not going out to Walmart on Black Friday just for that. I own mostly everything else I'd want.
Old 11-10-11, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

"Sons of Anarchy," "True Blood" and "Vampire Diaries" for $10 has me excited.
Old 11-10-11, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by CitizenY
Anyone notice that the A-Team is $5 AND $10?!

Not that I would buy it for $2.
The $5 one is for DVD version only :/

Only the $10 is for the Blu-ray.
Old 11-10-11, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
Actually I think they have been doing this for the last couple of years. Last year I got there around 11 PM or so and the DVDs/BD's had already been put out.

WM is about the only place (besides maybe Big Lots), that I make a habit of going to. (Usually I go on Wed to Target and buy what I want and then PM Fri morning) I only see three titles I want (and since they are advertised, they will probably be Lightning Deals at Amazon). But if past years are any indication, this is only a small sampling of what they will really have and it will be worth the trip.

There is a bit of stress having to weed through all the threads, hoping you can get the deals and spending countless hours on the computer. I'm thinking this year may even be worse. On a side note, has anyone heard anything about free Prime at Amazon. I can't believe they would cancel that promo, esp. since Best Buy is offering free shipping this year.

$$$$
Yes they have put the movies out early, at least last year at mine they did. However you were not able to buy them until 12AM. So, I know for sure I am going to my local WM and find out what time they will actually let people in since I imagine it will be before this 10PM time.

And since it says "more titles available" this for sure based on last year's # of titles it is just a small sampling. For the $5 titles they only showed like 10 in the ad but said over 60 titles at that price. This year they are not specifc but at the very least I am going to assume this is just half at the least.
Old 11-10-11, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
Most of those $5 titles are $4 at Blockbuster's 5 for $20 promotion...nothing to to freeze your ass for
Got them already at Blockbuster. Not much of a BF shopper anyway so this makes it easy
Old 11-10-11, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There will be more titles than what is pictured... though the lack of any titles on the ad that I wanted that I didnt already pick up already makes my decision to sleep in that night an easy one
Old 11-10-11, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That is almost exactly the same set of BD's that were on sale LAST Black Friday ... and the prices are about the same too.

I bought most of these at similar prices at Target and Best Buy last year after Thanksgiving.
Old 11-10-11, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by flix1
That is almost exactly the same set of BD's that were on sale LAST Black Friday ... and the prices are about the same too.

I bought most of these at similar prices at Target and Best Buy last year after Thanksgiving.
Actually about 7 of those $5 titles were $10 ones last year, so I wonder if that is a possible indication of other $5 titles that may happen this year.
Old 11-10-11, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by critterdvd
"Sons of Anarchy," "True Blood" and "Vampire Diaries" for $10 has me excited.
Big Bang Theory for $10 would be for me but I've definitely got to wait and see what BB is doing for the holiday since that's actually right down the street from where I live.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.