Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Many BD coupons @ Coupons.com

Added Rain Man $5.00 off.
Old 02-15-11, 07:30 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

^Nice. Is BBY the cheapest B&M retailer at $14.99 for this?
Old 02-15-11, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Of course my Amazon order for Rain Man ships (paid $12.99) earlier than expected, then the $5 coupon comes out.

It seems many of these coupons of late are for Fox/MGM catalog relases, so I may have to rethink preordering them versus waiting for a possible coupon.
Old 02-16-11, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by tofferman
Of course my Amazon order for Rain Man ships (paid $12.99) earlier than expected, then the $5 coupon comes out.

It seems many of these coupons of late are for Fox/MGM catalog relases, so I may have to rethink preordering them versus waiting for a possible coupon.
Contact Customer Service and see if you can get $5 refunded back to you. I did this when there was a $5 off Sony products coupon last fall that I didn't know about until after I ordered Community Season 1 and was able to get $5 back by contacting CS and letting them know about it.
Old 02-16-11, 09:17 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Anyone get this to work on a Mac? Tried both Firefox and Safari and both keep telling me to install software...which I already have. Rebooted and all.
Old 02-16-11, 11:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Anyone get this to work on a Mac? Tried both Firefox and Safari and both keep telling me to install software...which I already have. Rebooted and all.
I use Firefox with my Macbook and have no problem. I just always make sure to give my printer time to load up after turning it on before I click the "print" command. It's a little slow.
Old 02-16-11, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jfunk1
I use Firefox with my Macbook and have no problem. I just always make sure to give my printer time to load up after turning it on before I click the "print" command. It's a little slow.
I didn't have any problems using Safari on my Mac.
Old 02-16-11, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
If you're still having issues, make sure:

1. All your software is up-to-date.
2. Go into Utilities -> Disk Utility -> Run Repair Disk Permissions (because it may be a software issue) and restart the computer when done.
3. If you're still having issues, you might have to delete the coupon software and re-install it.

I have no problems printing the coupons from my iMac/MacBook using Safari. In fact, just printed some coupons right now.
Old 02-16-11, 08:07 PM

As I posted in another thread, some BB stores (at least the one nearest me) won't take any type of coupon (BB or manufacturer) on anything that is on sale. I had this confirmed by a supervisor and someone else I know who has worked there for years. Before I had thought it depended on the fickle supervisor of the moment, but they indicated it was district policy. So if I had wanted to buy Rain Man for $9.99 after $5 coupon I would've had to do it at Target. (And the only reason I was in BB was I had to kill time while waiting for others and I have a BB gift card I have to use up (which isn't easy)).
Old 02-16-11, 08:44 PM
Banned

I used the $5 coupon for Rain Man at Best Buy today. $14.99 isn't a sale price. My Walmart also had Rain Man for $15.
Old 02-17-11, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by junglalien
I used the $5 coupon for Rain Man at Best Buy today. $14.99 isn't a sale price. My Walmart also had Rain Man for $15.
Right. That's normal and how it probably is in most of the country. Coupons only seem to be disallowed at my store (or in my district). Are you sure $14.99 is not a sale price? I'm finding a lot of prices at BB, even items not in ad, are sort of on "perpetual" sale like those 2 pack TV seasons.

I learned from my last Walmart experiences that while you can generally use a mfg. coupon there with little trouble, getting a full refund if you end up returning it can be difficult because my Walmarts want to pocket the coupon for themselves so when they manually override they can't comprehend (and/or don't care) that they are ripping you off the sales tax you paid on the pre-coupon amount. To get it fixed requires managers/supervisors and 20 minutes of arguing which is not worth it. So my Walmart coupon rule is only if there's no chance I'd want to return the item (which is tough because you don't know if you'll find it somewhere cheaper during your 90 day return period). So typically if I have a mfg. coupon for a movie, it's Target or nowhere (nowhere being wait months/years for some to have a non-coupon price better than the after coupon price I would've gotten).
Old 02-17-11, 10:46 AM

Anyone hear anything of the quality of Rain Man? No official review from blu-ray.com yet but a user review has the video quality only marginally being above the DVD. If anyone has bought it and watched it, if they can comment on it, it'll be appreciated.
Old 02-17-11, 10:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by consoleman
Anyone hear anything of the quality of Rain Man? No official review from blu-ray.com yet but a user review has the video quality only marginally being above the DVD. If anyone has bought it and watched it, if they can comment on it, it'll be appreciated.
This guy loves it.
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/blu-r...an_blu-ray.htm

This one hates it.
http://blubrew.com/2011/02/11/rain-man/
Old 02-17-11, 11:43 AM

Thanks for the reviews.
Old 02-17-11, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for the heads up on these coupons, junglalien! I successfully used four at Best Buy tonight on sale price Blu-rays: Rain Man, Easy A, Thelma & Louise, and Moulin Rouge. Also picked up Saw: The Final Chapter and The Town for $13.99 each. Thanks!
Old 02-18-11, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Karate Kid has been removed now. All that's left on coupons.com now are Thelma & Louise, Easy A, Grown Ups, and Rain Man...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-18-11 at 03:48 PM.
Old 02-19-11, 11:10 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
If you're still having issues, make sure:

1. All your software is up-to-date.
2. Go into Utilities -> Disk Utility -> Run Repair Disk Permissions (because it may be a software issue) and restart the computer when done.
3. If you're still having issues, you might have to delete the coupon software and re-install it.

I have no problems printing the coupons from my iMac/MacBook using Safari. In fact, just printed some coupons right now.
It's a week old Mac...

But ill try again.
Old 02-19-11, 11:12 AM
Suspended

Still asking me to install coupon software...which I did twice. Sigh.

Got it to work with Safari only.
Old 03-02-11, 03:02 AM
Banned

updated OP with new batch

Young Frankenstein $3
Romantic Comedy Collection $5
The Simpsons Movie $3
Office Space $3
Napoleon Dynamite $3
My Cousin Vinny $3
Mel Brooks Collection $10
Super Troopers $3
Big Momma's House 1 & 2 $3
Dodgeball $3
Old 03-02-11, 03:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

^ Thanks for letting me know! I've already printed an Office Space coupon. I think Target had it for $10-15, and I'm perfectly willing to pay $7-12 to upgrade that one.
Old 03-07-11, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 442 Likes on 301 Posts

Thanks for the update. Coupons expire 3/31.
Old 03-07-11, 07:15 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Best Buy currently have 'Dodgeball', 'Super Troopers' and 'Office Space' on sale for $9.99, so hopefully they will honor the coupon and can grab 'Office Space'.

Would it be a case of YMMV? Or are my chances pretty good? M'eh...I'll give it a shot and report back
Old 03-07-11, 07:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

H
Originally Posted by DVDMagic
Best Buy currently have 'Dodgeball', 'Super Troopers' and 'Office Space' on sale for $9.99, so hopefully they will honor the coupon and can grab 'Office Space'.

Would it be a case of YMMV? Or are my chances pretty good? M'eh...I'll give it a shot and report back
I would say it probably is YMMV but FWIW mine took two coupons for two different items in the same transaction after giving them a good looking over.
Old 03-07-11, 08:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by DVDMagic

Target also has Super Troopers, Office Space, and Napoleon Dynamite for $10 (and I think the price is good until sometime in April), and they had no issues accepting the coupons when I bought all three last week.
Old 03-07-11, 07:22 PM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Stopped at Best Buy and had no problems using the $3 coupon for 'Office Space'. The cashier punched in some numbers from the bar codes on the coupon, but they didn't take and then I guess he just hit some button on the screen designed for manufacturers coupons and applied the $3 that way

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.