Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains
Reload this Page >

Target Media Prices (January 30 - February 5, 2011)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 01-27-11, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New Releases:

Let Me In $24.99
Alice in Wonderland (Disney animated classic) $22.99
Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 $22.99
(no BD price for Conviction, but the DVD is $17.99)

Catalog Titles:

Fight Club $12.99
X-Men Origins: Wolverine $12.99
Bram Stoker's Dracula $10
Hancock $10

That's it. Pretty Weak. Nothing from Target for me. All of the new releases are cheaper at Best Buy (all $19.99 before coupon).

TLK
Old 01-27-11, 03:38 PM

Re: Target Media Prices (January 30 - February 5, 2011)

Wow!! That is weak. It's all about Best Buy next week. Thanks TLK
Old 01-27-11, 03:45 PM

Any word on a BD coupon for Alice in Wonderland?
Old 01-27-11, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by a/v Junkie
Wow!! That is weak. It's all about Best Buy next week. Thanks TLK
You're welcome, bud!

TLK

P.S. I'm still banned over at blu-ray.com, so feel free to re-post it over there!
Old 01-27-11, 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by adam_omega
None so far. Check the DMR site every day to see if they finally offer one.

TLK
Old 01-27-11, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Lizard King
None so far. Check the DMR site every day to see if they finally offer one.

TLK
I read on one of the forums that "Penny" the official person for DMR on facebook said "look for one soon". I neve saw the facebook post so YMMV.
Old 01-27-11, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by Just Lurking
I read on one of the forums that "Penny" the official person for DMR on facebook said "look for one soon". I neve saw the facebook post so YMMV.
This is what she wrote like a hundred times on facebook (because stupid people were asking a hundred times)
Originally Posted by Penny Costley
Keep your eye on the the Member Extra-Special Offers section on the Disney Movie Rewards website for coupon offers. ~Penny
Old 01-28-11, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Been meaning to get Fight Club for a while so I'll grab it while I can still get the slipcover.
Old 01-28-11, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thank you for the early prices, absolutely nothing here for me
Old 01-28-11, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If Disney comes out with a >= $8 coupon for the Alice in Wonderland (1951) BD, I'll pick it up for $19.99 - $8. If that happens, I should be able to PM Target or Walmart to BB's $19.99 price and use the coupon with no problem. If Disney doesn't have a coupon, that'll be depressing and the start of a bad trend as I've been repurchasing almost every Disney animated BD which I already own on DVD because of the coupons. I won't pay more than $15 for a Disney animated BD, so the coupon makes all the difference.

And I wouldn't even try to do this at BB given that most of the time in prior years when I tried to use a mfg. coupon on something that's on sale they deny me using the can't combine offers excuse since they consider their sale price an offer. Every time they did that I told them I'll just go to Target and get the same deal, they said fine, and every time I did just that to the point I decided why not just skip the wasted BB step entirely? (This was back when I was regularly driving past a BB and it was not a special trip to try. Right now I don't regularly drive anywhere near a BB.)
Old 01-28-11, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
If Disney comes out with a >= $8 coupon for the Alice in Wonderland (1951) BD, I'll pick it up for $19.99 - $8. If that happens, I should be able to PM Target or Walmart to BB's $19.99 price and use the coupon with no problem. If Disney doesn't have a coupon, that'll be depressing and the start of a bad trend as I've been repurchasing almost every Disney animated BD which I already own on DVD because of the coupons. I won't pay more than $15 for a Disney animated BD, so the coupon makes all the difference.

And I wouldn't even try to do this at BB given that most of the time in prior years when I tried to use a mfg. coupon on something that's on sale they deny me using the can't combine offers excuse since they consider their sale price an offer. Every time they did that I told them I'll just go to Target and get the same deal, they said fine, and every time I did just that to the point I decided why not just skip the wasted BB step entirely? (This was back when I was regularly driving past a BB and it was not a special trip to try. Right now I don't regularly drive anywhere near a BB.)
Why not join the Disney BD club? You'll get an average cost of just under $11 per disk and you don't have to go through the hassle of PM, waiting for deals and coupons.
Old 01-28-11, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana

Disney should be putting out a $10 coupon for it. They've been following a pattern of putting out $8 coupons for their new releases mostly and $10 ones for their re-releases.
Old 01-28-11, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by vmars
Disney should be putting out a $10 coupon for it. They've been following a pattern of putting out $8 coupons for their new releases mostly and $10 ones for their re-releases.
Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2 is a new release and got a $10 coupon, posted like a full month before the release date. Of course, even with the coupon most people won't buy it... Strangely, they have now released yet another, different, $10 coupon for it.
Old 01-28-11, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jane2001
Why not join the Disney BD club? You'll get an average cost of just under $11 per disk and you don't have to go through the hassle of PM, waiting for deals and coupons.
lol, I am pretty sure that my average for Disney new releases last year was way below $11 (and that's probably true for many others here as well).
Old 01-28-11, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by basketb
lol, I am pretty sure that my average for Disney new releases last year was way below $11 (and that's probably true for many others here as well).
Oops I meant to put $10. Looking back at the Disney Bluray Club thread the average is $9.96

Originally Posted by rkhobbit
Just received Disney mailer for the following deal:

$ 1.00 for 5 Disney Blu-Rays (20 cents each)
(optional) $11.95 for Bonus Blu-Ray #1 (goes toward the final agreement)
(optional) $ 8.95 for Bonus Blu-Ray #2 (does not count toward agreement)

$21.90 Total for 7 Disney Blu Rays (includes shipping)

I must purchase 3 Blu Rays within the next 24 months. But since I ordered the Bonus #1 DVD, all I need to purchase is 2 Blu Rays within the next 24 months. Future Blu rays will be charged out at $29.95 each ($3.95 S/H charge each).

Essentially 9 Disney Blu-Rays for $89.70 ($9.96 per Blu Ray)
Old 01-28-11, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jane2001
I dunno about others, but I'd be hard pressed to find 7 titles I need when I enroll. That's why I never joined again. A $9.96 average is only good if you are buying titles you were planning on buying anyway, but if you have to select a few titles you don't really want, then it isn't worth it...

I was a member years ago, when they had the first wave of Disney Treasures...
Old 01-28-11, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I dunno about others, but I'd be hard pressed to find 7 titles I need when I enroll. That's why I never joined again. A $9.96 average is only good if you are buying titles you were planning on buying anyway, but if you have to select a few titles you don't really want, then it isn't worth it...

I was a member years ago, when they had the first wave of Disney Treasures...
Once again kenbenobi has it correct. I'm a VIP member (meaning I never have to respond to those monthly selections) and never rejoined because I already owned so many Disney movies I just couldn't find enough to enroll/fulfill another account after the Treasures tins sort of died out to justify joining again. I also wasn't patient enough (or willing to risk them going OOP first) to wait for the DMC to get the Treasures tins, so I always bought those on release day.

Disney has lots of great movies (and many live action ones) that I'd gladly open my wallet for, but they refuse to release most of them and when Disney does release them they tend to give them DVD-5 pan & scan treatments with mono sound, no extras, and they want $10-$20 for them (i.e. Treasure of Matecumbe, Blackbeard's Ghost or Rascal to name a few). So even though I like those cornball Disney movies, I'm not paying even $5 for pan & scan slop-jobs. Do a proper treatment of each of those films (widescreen, DD5.1 remix + original soundtrack, some extras, high bitrate DVD-9) and then I'd gladly pay $10 each... and there must be 100+ old Disney movies (before The Black Hole and The Last Flight of Noah's Ark which were the turning point when their live action films became crappy IMHO) that fall into that category. So I find it extremely difficult to find anything to buy from Disney except animated classics and a handful of well done live action BDs and with these coupons I get them on release day for probably about the same as I'd get in the DMC. I'm a big time Walt Disney fan (the man himself) and have seen just about all of their old stuff until the studio went off track and became just another Hollyweird machine (with the exception of some animated features and such).
Old 01-29-11, 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by adam_omega
Disney Movie Rewards will offer a $10 off coupon for Alice if you have one of the following UPC codes from a Blu-ray , DVD or VHS version:
Any animated Alice in Wonderland
Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland
Beauty & the Beast Diamond Edition
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 Diamond Edition
The Boys: Sherman Brothers Story
Walt & El Grupo

Be advised: The coupon is not live yet, but should be in a few days.
Old 01-30-11, 09:03 PM

Ad Scan...

Here's this week's ad scan... Enjoy...