Release List Reviews Shop Join News DVD Giveaways Video Games Advertise
DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Adult DVD Reviews | Video Game Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews


Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -


Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-09-11, 04:16 PM   #2776
Shannon Nutt
DVD Talk Legend
 
Shannon Nutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 12,132
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopcornBandit View Post
According to CamelCamelCamel $113.99 is the lowest it's been.
I bought it the last time it was the deal of the day on Amazon, it was $119.99 then. So this Deal was exactly $6 less than last time.
__________________
http://www.highdefdigest.com/author/shannon-t-nutt.html
XBox Live Gamertag: PittsburghNutt
 
Old 06-09-11, 04:39 PM   #2777
kenbenobi
DVD Talk Legend
 
kenbenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 10,318
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
With the main difference being Manzana has his own official MAC(tm) (Manzana Attackers Club) with a large membership and Trespoochies does not. I get attacked in some threads even if I don't say a word.
LOL! Yes, you do get ribbed quite a bit here. But most of it is in good fun. You have made a name for yourself here, even if it was unintentional. But hey, you're like Norm! Everybody knows your name! At least you can say you're popular on DVDTalk!
__________________
Black Friday Haul: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/11901095-post11.html
My BD Collection (still a work in progress): http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=90619
Old version of collection (mainly DVD's and HD-DVD's): http://glyde.com/collections/kenbenobi
 
Old 06-09-11, 08:14 PM   #2778
Brian T
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,437
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

The Prisoner: Complete Series - $31.49
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002C68WOG/
Appears to be some kind of fulfillment deal, but seems a fair price. Or has is been lower?
__________________
My reviews and other ephemera: From The Journal of Rex Saigon
 
Old 06-10-11, 02:51 AM   #2779
Brian T
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,437
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Dropped a bit further:

The Prisoner: Complete Series - $30.45
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002C68WOG/
__________________
My reviews and other ephemera: From The Journal of Rex Saigon
 
Old 06-10-11, 09:36 AM   #2780
lizard
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: the Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 7,772
Previous lists:
6-9-11, 6-8-11, 6-7-11, 6-6-11, 6-3-11, 6-2-11, 6-1-11, 5-31-11, 5-30-11, 5-29-11, 5-28-11, 5-27-11, 5-26-11, 5-25-11, 5-24-11, 5-16-11, 5-15-11, 5-13-11, 5-12-11, 5-11-11, 5-10-11, 5-9-11, 5-8-11, [Prices may have changed since titles were posted. Or not.]


Here are today's New Lows:

Out of Sight $15.99

Insidious (Pre-order) $19.99
Soul Surfer (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo (Pre-order) $19.99

Toy Story (Two-Disc Special Edition Blu-ray/DVD Combo w/ Blu-ray Packaging) $22.49
Cars (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging) $22.49
Children of the Corn-Genesis (Pre-order) $22.49

Undertow $24.95

Haven: The Complete First Season (Pre-order) $24.99

Louie: Season 1 2-Disc Combo (in Blu-Ray Packaging) (Pre-order) $30.99
__________________
"Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."

Last edited by lizard; 06-10-11 at 02:19 PM.
 
Old 06-10-11, 09:50 AM   #2781
lizard
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: the Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 7,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
Dropped a bit further:

The Prisoner: Complete Series - $30.45
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002C68WOG/
The lowest it has been at Amazon is $33.99 so getting it from a third party seller, with "Fulfillment by Amazon" and free shipping, is a good deal.
__________________
"Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
 
Old 06-10-11, 09:54 AM   #2782
Solid Snake
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Formerly known as "Solid Snake PAC"/Denton, Tx
Posts: 26,839
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

still not good enough...c'mon...$9.99.
 
Old 06-10-11, 09:54 AM   #2783
Turnaround
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 56
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
The Prisoner: Complete Series - $31.49
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002C68WOG/
Appears to be some kind of fulfillment deal, but seems a fair price. Or has is been lower?
This listing is an Amazon marketplace seller, not Amazon.

"Fulfilled by Amazon" only means that the marketplace seller has shipped his goods (whether it's new DVDs, bootlegs, used CDs or used books) to Amazon's warehouse. Amazon has a program where, for a fee to the marketplace seller, Amazon will store and ship out items for the marketplace seller as they are sold through the website.

I'm not sure the intent of this thread is to cover marketplace listings.
 
Old 06-10-11, 10:04 AM   #2784
Timber
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Posts: 8,694
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnaround View Post
I'm not sure the intent of this thread is to cover marketplace listings.
I think if it's new and fulfilled by Amazon it applies.
__________________
"That's why the Black Guys like me"- Alison BB4
 
Old 06-10-11, 10:17 AM   #2785
Superdaddy
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 2,056
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Would anyone care to offer advice on a blind buy of A Man Called Horse?

It's in my Gold Box quick picks at $9.97 and it is tempting.
 
Old 06-10-11, 10:25 AM   #2786
dino88
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL
Posts: 6,275
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Insidious (Pre-order) - $19.99

Sorry, I can't link to it right now.
 
Old 06-10-11, 10:35 AM   #2787
lizard
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: the Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 7,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber View Post
I think if it's new and fulfilled by Amazon it applies.
I agree. And it's worth noting that the $30.99 price seller has 100% positive feedback over the last 12 months with 37,090 total ratings and the $30.45 price seller has 100% positive feedback over the last 12 months with 5,136 total ratings. Throw in Amazon's Marketplace safe buying guarantee and I wouldn't have a second thought about ordering from either one.

[I sell at Amazon Marketplace (and Half.com) from time to time and my 100% positive feedback is quite valuable because it assures the buyers that they will be satisfied or I will make it right. I've had to do that in fewer than % of sales, usually because of simple "buyer remorse".]
__________________
"Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
 
Old 06-10-11, 10:43 AM   #2788
lizard
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: the Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 7,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
Insidious (Pre-order) - $19.99

Sorry, I can't link to it right now.
Added to the list, thank you.
__________________
"Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
 
Old 06-10-11, 12:05 PM   #2789
Brian T
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,437
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnaround View Post
I'm not sure the intent of this thread is to cover marketplace listings.
As others have suggested while I was sleeping, the intent of this thread is to share low prices on new product that can be acquired through standard Amazon ordering procedures and with Amazon's usual benefits, like free shipping and the Safe Buying Guarantee mentioned by Lizard (neither of which apply when ordering from "regular" Marketplace sellers, as far as I know). Furthermore, this is not the first time a "fulfilled by Amazon" item has popped up in this thread. I hope we see more. Also, as a Marketplace seller, I'm well-versed in the "fulfilled by Amazon" feature, although I don't utilize it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Noticed this one in my cart today:

NIGHT OF THE CREEPS - $9.99
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KPUN0K/

.
__________________
My reviews and other ephemera: From The Journal of Rex Saigon
 
Old 06-10-11, 12:08 PM   #2790
Manzana
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Manzana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Posts: 4,514
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
I think you'd be largely ignored if you didn't post stuff like this. I think most people think you just like the attention. Doh! I fell into your trap.
To Trevor:

I wanted to send you a PM but you've either got me blocked or turned PMs off completely. I don't want to sidetrack this thread, but I want to say something and if I don't post here you won't see it, so I'll *try* to be brief.

I'm curious why you think I set a trap for you. Perhaps there's a part of me that wants attention when I post complaints, but I'm not making up the stories I post about things that happen at various stores. We all know I tend to be a complainer, and while I don't mind people ribbing me if I can see it's a joke, a lot of time I think people personally attack me as a bad person which I don't think I am just because I complain about bad experiences with coupons or things being out of stock or I made minor snide comments at some stores.

Anyway, I'm sorry you feel duped and pulled into a trap by me, but I assure you I never meant to dupe you nor do I set traps for people. If you mean to say that you've learned not to respond to my complaints because it doesn't do any good, then yes I can understand that. It's probably a waste of time on my part but psychologically it also helps to "let it out". So I think the message to me is (to quote Thumper): "if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all". Other people complain here too, but I'd say a big difference is I'm too wordy... another fault of mine.

I thought I had toned it down a bit until I was attacked in the Blockbuster thread when I hadn't even complained about anything. So I spent some time defending myself. Yes, it's probably all a big waste of time. It depends on my mood. I was saddened to hear that someone nice like you considers himself duped and trapped by me. All I can say is I'm trying to do better and complain less right now. Hopefully it will last. Take care.

Last edited by Manzana; 06-10-11 at 12:23 PM.
 
Old 06-10-11, 12:31 PM   #2791
dino88
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL
Posts: 6,275
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

I believe this is the lowest it's been.

Out of Sight - $15.99
 
Old 06-10-11, 02:25 PM   #2792
lizard
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: the Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 7,772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
...Noticed this one in my cart today:

NIGHT OF THE CREEPS - $9.99
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KPUN0K/

.
That price matches the old low back in December; it hasn't been that low for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
I believe this is the lowest it's been.

Out of Sight - $15.99
It is. Added.
__________________
"Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
 
Old 06-10-11, 05:25 PM   #2793
ProfessorEcho
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
ProfessorEcho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Middle, Nowhere
Posts: 1,943
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdaddy View Post
Would anyone care to offer advice on a blind buy of A Man Called Horse?

It's in my Gold Box quick picks at $9.97 and it is tempting.
I first saw it as a kid and loved it, was completely fascinated and mesmerized by it. Although I haven't seen it in quite awhile, I read DVD Beaver's rave review and decided it was worth the $10.50 it cost me at Target last week. I think you should go for it at less than ten bucks. If nothing else, the location photography is supposed to be fantastic in Blu.
 
Old 06-11-11, 02:19 AM   #2794
Brian T
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,437
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

The Prisoner keeps dropping. Down to $29.98 now . . .
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002C68WOG/

.
__________________
My reviews and other ephemera: From The Journal of Rex Saigon

Last edited by Brian T; 06-11-11 at 02:25 AM.
 
Old 06-11-11, 06:42 AM   #2795
Trevor
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: somewhere shopping
Posts: 24,065
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Off topic response:
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manzana View Post
To Trevor:

I wanted to send you a PM but you've either got me blocked or turned PMs off completely. I don't want to sidetrack this thread, but I want to say something and if I don't post here you won't see it, so I'll *try* to be brief.

I'm curious why you think I set a trap for you. Perhaps there's a part of me that wants attention when I post complaints, but I'm not making up the stories I post about things that happen at various stores. We all know I tend to be a complainer, and while I don't mind people ribbing me if I can see it's a joke, a lot of time I think people personally attack me as a bad person which I don't think I am just because I complain about bad experiences with coupons or things being out of stock or I made minor snide comments at some stores.

Anyway, I'm sorry you feel duped and pulled into a trap by me, but I assure you I never meant to dupe you nor do I set traps for people. If you mean to say that you've learned not to respond to my complaints because it doesn't do any good, then yes I can understand that. It's probably a waste of time on my part but psychologically it also helps to "let it out". So I think the message to me is (to quote Thumper): "if you can't say somethin' nice, don't say nothin' at all". Other people complain here too, but I'd say a big difference is I'm too wordy... another fault of mine.

I thought I had toned it down a bit until I was attacked in the Blockbuster thread when I hadn't even complained about anything. So I spent some time defending myself. Yes, it's probably all a big waste of time. It depends on my mood. I was saddened to hear that someone nice like you considers himself duped and trapped by me. All I can say is I'm trying to do better and complain less right now. Hopefully it will last. Take care.
Manzana, relax! I like you, enjoy your posts. I think most of us like you. You do complain a bit and then over defend yourself, but it's no worse a flaw than the rest of us have.

My comment was just a silly quip, not meant to be thought about for more than a split second. But as you sort of admit in the above, you over analyze thngs and take things too personally. People are going to joke around. I don't feel duped, it was a joke, but with some bite to make a point. I apologize if it offended, but can't promise that I won't make similar quips in the future, as that has been my humor style my entire life. I'm a bit of a jerk.

Edit to add: I don't block anyone, just hate PMs. Why have multiple inboxes? My email is public and I prefer everything go there.

On topic, I'm trying my best to resist that Prisoner price. It's hard to justify spending $30 when I have the DVD set sitting here unopened.

But maybe I'll justify the BD purchase by selling the DVD set. Anyone know if anything was left out of the BDs that is on the DVD set? Even if I only get $15 for the sealed DVD set, I think I can justify a $14 upgrade cost, if only for the reduced shelf space and more permanent media.
 
Old 06-11-11, 08:54 AM   #2796
davidh777
DVD Talk Legend
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 20,694
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
On topic, I'm trying my best to resist that Prisoner price. It's hard to justify spending $30 when I have the DVD set sitting here unopened.

But maybe I'll justify the BD purchase by selling the DVD set. Anyone know if anything was left out of the BDs that is on the DVD set? Even if I only get $15 for the sealed DVD set, I think I can justify a $14 upgrade cost, if only for the reduced shelf space and more permanent media.
I believe that all the video content is the same. One or two of the DVD sets in the past I think had a physical map or something like that that you don't get on the BD but it depends on which edition you have, I think.

That said, the BD looks fantastic. I never expected a 1960s TV series to look this good. I'd say that's worth your $14 upgrade, with the other factors you mention an additional bonus.
 
Old 06-11-11, 08:59 AM   #2797
Trevor
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd
 
Trevor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: somewhere shopping
Posts: 24,065
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
I believe that all the video content is the same. One or two of the DVD sets in the past I think had a physical map or something like that that you don't get on the BD but it depends on which edition you have, I think.

That said, the BD looks fantastic. I never expected a 1960s TV series to look this good. I'd say that's worth your $14 upgrade, with the other factors you mention an additional bonus.
Thanks David. I briefly listed my set on Amazon as new, but will go home and check for that possible map first. If there, I'll take it and list it as used/no map. Willing to take a $5 or so hit for my completest OCD.
 
Old 06-11-11, 09:57 AM   #2798
davidh777
DVD Talk Legend
 
davidh777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Home of NFL champion Seahawks
Posts: 20,694
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

I almost forgot to snap up OUATITW at $10.49 so I went to get it then decided to check my quick picks first to see if there was anything else I should get at the same time. OUATITW was there for $9.97!
 
Old 06-11-11, 10:13 AM   #2799
TimeandTide
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orange County
Posts: 4,598
Re: Amazon Discounts and Deals Thread #7 (is it #7? I'll pretend it is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidh777 View Post
I almost forgot to snap up OUATITW at $10.49 so I went to get it then decided to check my quick picks first to see if there was anything else I should get at the same time. OUATITW was there for $9.97!
Same here.
 
Old 06-11-11, 11:13 AM   #2800
lizard
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
lizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: the Western Slope, Colorado
Posts: 7,772
Previous lists:
6-10-11, 6-9-11, 6-8-11, 6-7-11, 6-6-11, 6-3-11, 6-2-11, 6-1-11, 5-31-11, 5-30-11, 5-29-11, 5-28-11, 5-27-11, 5-26-11, 5-25-11, 5-24-11, 5-16-11, 5-15-11, 5-13-11, 5-12-11, 5-11-11, 5-10-11, 5-9-11, 5-8-11, [Prices may have changed since titles were posted. Or not.]


Here are today's New Lows:

Con Air $10.99

Daylight $15.99

Catfish $23.99
Black in Latin America (Pre-order) $23.99

Battlestar Galactica: Season Four $61.49
__________________
"Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile."
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 PM.

Rules - DVD Talk - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.2.0
Copyright 2011 DVDTalk.com All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.