Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target Cyber Monday Deals

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-10, 12:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Target Cyber Monday Deals

I'm going to save them the hassle of canceling my order and just not order anything.
Old 11-30-10, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 84 Likes on 70 Posts

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Blu-ray)
1Red Cliff, Part I/Red Cliff, Part II (Original International Version) (2 Discs)
1Sherlock Holmes (2 Discs)
1Edge of Darkness (2 Discs)
Mad Max
Escape from New York

order these and few others,came out to about $8.50 a movie using the these two codes.
If you are using your TARGET Redcard, you can use code: REDCARDK for an additional 10% off. It DOES stack with the CYBRMDBR code, plus 5% Rewards you will get for using your Target RedCard.
Old 11-30-10, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
is that a mistake i dont ever remember beetlejuice being a digi book
They have Beetlejuice listed as a the 20th Anniversary version with digibook packaging.
Old 11-30-10, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dan30oly
they will cancel my order.

The other thread was bad enough listing to all the pissing and moaning.. lets not carry it over to this one. k. Thanks.
Old 11-30-10, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Jordanbrown83
Is it just me but there are some really good buys here but no one else seems to notice...
The fact this was posted with only a few hours left in the sale, I was late getting home from work, and I was busy doing other things afterwards (not on the computer) meant I didn't see this thread until after the sale was over. I had seen the other thread yesterday morning, but it was very unclear with some posts saying the $8 deal only worked on certain $16.99 titles and not on BDs, so I believed those incorrect posts and didn't even try.

Turns out this was a really great deal and I probably would've gotten a lot of stuff had accurate info been posted when I had looked the first time. It's a moot point now. One possibly positive thing will come of this... I saved a list (as best I could) of all the titles that other people got for $8 at Target. Any of these I bought at Target or Walmart for more than $8 on BF, I'm going to return on principle. So this thread makes it a lot easier for me to return even more stuff. The downside of returning Target BF stuff is you lose the pro-rated gift card on each item. Basically if you got a $10 gift card from a $100 purchase at Target and returned all of it, you'd only get $90 back and be stuck with the $10 gift card. I'd much rather have them take the unused gift card back and give me the full $100.

I'm so glad this BF is over. It sucked (IMHO) compared to last year's as I missed lots of good deals like this and several good deals I thought I got in (mostly from B&N or GoHastings or Target.com) got canceled. If it hadn't been for a few good Amazon deals, this BF would've been a total loss. I can say this: in no way are the deals I got worth the amount of time it took to get them. Maybe I'll learn a lesson next BF just to say screw the whole BF thing (as many other people I know do) and enjoy the holidays instead.
Old 11-30-10, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manzana
The fact this was posted with only a few hours left in the sale, I was late getting home from work, and I was busy doing other things afterwards (not on the computer) meant I didn't see this thread until after the sale was over. I had seen the other thread yesterday morning, but it was very unclear with some posts saying the $8 deal only worked on certain $16.99 titles and not on BDs, so I believed those incorrect posts and didn't even try.

Turns out this was a really great deal and I probably would've gotten a lot of stuff had accurate info been posted when I had looked the first time. It's a moot point now. One possibly positive thing will come of this... I saved a list (as best I could) of all the titles that other people got for $8 at Target. Any of these I bought at Target or Walmart for more than $8 on BF, I'm going to return on principle. So this thread makes it a lot easier for me to return even more stuff. The downside of returning Target BF stuff is you lose the pro-rated gift card on each item. Basically if you got a $10 gift card from a $100 purchase at Target and returned all of it, you'd only get $90 back and be stuck with the $10 gift card. I'd much rather have them take the unused gift card back and give me the full $100.
To be honest, it may have actually worked like the original poster said ... at least at the time. I added Sherlock Holmes and I Dream of Jeannie S5 (priced at 2x.xx) and couldn't get them to work with the coupon. Those two along with that damn Wizard of Oz Emerald Edition (which I missed last year too) would have made this deal sweeter.

This was one case when jumping on the deal TOO SOON proved to be detrimental. I placed a small order of stuff I marginally wanted when the deal was first posted. Later when the list expanded exponentially, I saw a lot more stuff I wanted a lot more, but I had already spent too much money this BF, so I held back for a smaller order of just 10 more titles. Also, I passed over all the BDs, a few of which I would have picked up. Except for IDOJ S5 and Wizard of Oz, I'm overall pleased ... at least for now.

If I had the money I could've have easily spent $300 on this sale.

As opposed to Manzana, I had an overall good BF. Didn't get everything I wanted, but most of the stuff I really wanted, I did get. I have to admit that the Target thread was not updated very well early on, even with deals people did get -- that might encourage others to look a little more closely at Target's list. I've noticed that threads are not updated like they used to be with purchases. Perhaps that takes away from some clutter, but there is ofter great info (like available titles) that would be helpful to others.

I'm so glad this BF is over. It sucked (IMHO) compared to last year's as I missed lots of good deals like this and several good deals I thought I got in (mostly from B&N or GoHastings or Target.com) got canceled. If it hadn't been for a few good Amazon deals, this BF would've been a total loss. I can say this: in no way are the deals I got worth the amount of time it took to get them. Maybe I'll learn a lesson next BF just to say screw the whole BF thing (as many other people I know do) and enjoy the holidays instead.
Yeah, right.

BTW, did anyone get the Hulk Complete series to work with the deal?
Old 11-30-10, 09:21 AM

^
That'sAllFolks, thanks for your nice comments and explaining why there were confusing posts. I had no idea that the sale didn't work quite right early on. If it hadn't been a holiday time when I was supposed to be spending time with family and was already feeling overwhelmed with too many BF deals and feeling guilty about spending too much time checking them, then I might've tried it myself and checked the thread again sooner. Oh well, I'm certain I would've spent a few hundred on this sale too had I known and had what I wanted been in stock.

Re. your "Yeah, right." comment... you know me too well. While I'm sure I won't be able to stay away from BF completely next year, this year's negative experience will help me try to spend less time next year. I had a miserable time at Walmart and didn't get much of what I wanted. I don't know if I posted the followup that when I went in the evening again and it wasn't a madhouse and things were consolidated, I found almost everything I had picked up at midnight without a fight, plus some stuff I had missed, and it made me think that I accomplished almost nothing by going at midnight instead of in the evening. Maybe next year I'll go later if it's just movies I want.
Old 11-30-10, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^
That'sAllFolks, thanks for your nice comments and explaining why there were confusing posts. I had no idea that the sale didn't work quite right early on.
Well, the OP's post was accurate and did work, but the deal got better with later posts once people discovered that there was a much bigger list of eligible titles, and even better once I posted the 10% off Red Card coupon. That's when the deal got smoking. I got 18 titles for $6.72 each...

Sorry you weren't able to take advantage of the deal, but to be honest, you're probably better off. Most of us spent money ordering things we may never watch, because we all have an addiction! So consider yourself lucky... I spent $170 between my two orders (ordered 6 titles after the OP's post, then 18 more later), and lord knows when I'll watch any of them...
Old 11-30-10, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JoeySeven
If you are using your TARGET Redcard, you can use code: REDCARDK for an additional 10% off. It DOES stack with the CYBRMDBR code, plus 5% Rewards you will get for using your Target RedCard.
Hey, that looks familiar! Sorry, I didn't realize this thread existed when I posted that in the other thread, or I would have posted it here too.
Old 12-03-10, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Three of my blu-rays shipped, however Psycho has been delayed to ship next month.
Old 12-03-10, 12:51 PM

FYI. Just used my raincheck for LOTR Trilogy. Went smoothly--no problem. I think the folks who bought 100+ online screwed all online orders since they certainly changed at the last minute. I mean the other thread even had a picture of preprinted signs. The fact that the computer gave out rainchecks tells me that this is a deal that backfired and was changed. Probably new BR edition is coming out and they decided to dump these as a loss leader. Am holding on to my other raincheck at this store.
Old 12-03-10, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Except for Fifth Element/Gattaca (2 Discs) (BR), all these have shipped for me:
Knocked Up (BR)
Forgetting Sarah Marshall (BR)
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (BR)
Gremlins (BR)
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (BR/DVD)
Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (8 DVDs)
Kelly's Heroes/Where Eagles Dare (BR)
The Transporter/Transporter 2 (2 Discs)(BR)
Commando/Predator (2 Discs) (BR)
Air Force One/In the Line of Fire (2 Discs) (BR)
The Replacement Killers/S.W.A.T. (2 Discs) (BR)
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer/Daredevil Director's Cut (2 Discs) (BR)
The Joneses (Blu-ray)
Invictus (Includes Digital Copy) (2 Discs) ((BR/DVD)
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen/Entrapment (BR) - 2 Pack
Kiss of the Dragon/Bulletproof Monk (BR) - 2 Pack
In the Name of the King/Pathfinder (BR) - 2 Pack
The Wizard of Oz (Emerald Edition)(BR)
$8.48 shipped for each of these plus all the DVD sets I ordered (30 altogether)
Old 12-03-10, 02:57 PM

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Mine shipped as well, including Psycho.
Old 12-03-10, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

11 of 12 items shipped including Psycho BD. The only item not to ship is Fight Club BD and that is scheduled to ship in a few days. I now laugh at those who refused to order because they said Target would cancel orders. This turned out to be one of the best BF/CM deals.
Old 12-04-10, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl
11 of 12 items shipped including Psycho BD. The only item not to ship is Fight Club BD and that is scheduled to ship in a few days. I now laugh at those who refused to order because they said Target would cancel orders. This turned out to be one of the best BF/CM deals.
I never refused this deal. I merely misunderstood it. I had thought it was only for a select group of TV sets and DVDs that didn't interest me... not for a bunch of good BDs. I also didn't expect Target to cancel any of these orders because I didn't get in on the deal. Yes, it was a great deal and yet another one I missed. When I get in on good deals, they get canceled. When I miss out, they don't. I'm bad luck.
Old 12-04-10, 01:43 PM

deal got better for me.

i only found 3 items i wanted. but had to add a 4th to get the best deal

turns out my last item added ( princess bride) was delayed, so i had option to cancel, and get the other 3 for $8.50 each.

thanks target
Old 12-04-10, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts

I never refused this deal. I merely misunderstood it. I had thought it was only for a select group of TV sets and DVDs that didn't interest me... not for a bunch of good BDs. I also didn't expect Target to cancel any of these orders because I didn't get in on the deal. Yes, it was a great deal and yet another one I missed. When I get in on good deals, they get canceled. When I miss out, they don't. I'm bad luck.
Unless this is carried over from another thread, I don't think jwstl was directing his comment specifically at you. There were several comments in this thread and elsewhere referencing that Target would cancel orders (in reference to their unhappiness at the LOTR deal). Along with many in the original LOTR thread who swore off from ordering anything from Target ever again. And those folks, did in fact miss out on some good deals from this sale.
Old 12-04-10, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jwstl
Consider yourself lucky. My Fight Club BD is tentatively scheduled to ship in mid to late January!!! But 16 of my 18 items from that order have shipped. My initial order of 6 items has not shipped at all yet...
I agree with you that this was one of the best BF/CM deals. I averaged $6.91 for my 24 items, all of which were BD's, TV seasons, and a few double-BD sets (which would reduce my average even more, but I'm counting them as one)
Old 12-04-10, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

15 of the 16 titles i ordered shipped tonight, with the exception of christmas vacation. Hope they actually get it back in stock and dont cancel it on me.
Old 12-04-10, 11:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mekeez
FYI. Just used my raincheck for LOTR Trilogy. Went smoothly--no problem. I think the folks who bought 100+ online screwed all online orders since they certainly changed at the last minute. I mean the other thread even had a picture of preprinted signs. The fact that the computer gave out rainchecks tells me that this is a deal that backfired and was changed. Probably new BR edition is coming out and they decided to dump these as a loss leader. Am holding on to my other raincheck at this store.
I used my friends rain check to pick up her copy at the west hollywood target, and they were giving me He!! over it.
All was fine till right after my card was processed and the girl said wait wait wait, this cant be right when noticing the price. (keep in mind the money was at that point out of my account) she walked over talking to someone else and pointing at me and the raincheck then another person came over. long story short, I was finally able to leave with the set and they were very upset.lol