Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-16, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Also, NINJA works on things that cost more than $30. I found a copy of the "Chaplin at Keystone" set; with the NINJA code, it came out to $28 shipped. (That's a DVD only, so it was 40%.)

The NEVERFORGET code will only discount things that are under $30, although the one you are paying for can be over $30. For instance, last night, I saw the original Star Wars trilogy blu-ray box was $31 used, so I picked that and got the $30 SCTV v1 DVD set for $1. [Oddly, v2 and v3, the code doesn't work, or I would get the two of them.] It was still slightly cheaper that way than using NINJA. YMMV, I couldn't get everything over $30 to trigger the sale price on things, but a lot of examples did work.
Old 06-01-16, 02:53 PM

Code 30MOV6E0X appears to be still active. 30% off
Old 06-01-16, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts

Gohastings is starting to piss me off when it comes to getting a refund on items that never arrive & are I guess lost in the mail. In the past I usually wait 30 days from the date a item was shipped out to call & reguest a refund. Now I am being told that I have to wait 30 "Business" days which does not include holidays. So it's actually 45 days now for peeps who live in Hawaii, Alaska, & Puerto Rico. At least that is what I was told by the retard I spoke to. In the past I always got a refund after 30 days. Reason I always waited 30 days because the cheap ass Go Hastings stores that ship Media Mail it can take 15-30 days to arrive to HI.

So far in the past 2-3 months I have had 4 bd box sets not arrive.
Old 06-01-16, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

That sucks.
Old 06-01-16, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by kahuna
Gohastings is starting to piss me off when it comes to getting a refund on items that never arrive & are I guess lost in the mail. In the past I usually wait 30 days from the date a item was shipped out to call & reguest a refund. Now I am being told that I have to wait 30 "Business" days which does not include holidays. So it's actually 45 days now for peeps who live in Hawaii, Alaska, & Puerto Rico. At least that is what I was told by the retard I spoke to. In the past I always got a refund after 30 days. Reason I always waited 30 days because the cheap ass Go Hastings stores that ship Media Mail it can take 15-30 days to arrive to HI.

So far in the past 2-3 months I have had 4 bd box sets not arrive.
I don't get this. How is slow shipping Hastings' fault ? Its always given that media mail is the slowest and that to reach AK, HI or PR, it is going to take much longer times. I recently shipped an Amazon purchase to AK and it said it would take up to 3 weeks (not counting weekends and holidays) to get there on media mail. So its USPS' issue with regard to wait times on fulfillment. And so when you are researching issues for refunds, its only logical that the wait times are aligned with USPS's 'slow as molasses' shipping. And even with media mail, my shipping cost to AK from SoCal was $3.74. At a flat rate of $1.29 a package, Hastings is taking a hit if your shipment is fulfilled from multiple locations. So, I think we should cut them some slack, they do follow through with their refunds - there's few other places on the internet serving the US market on physical media at the prices that Hastings does. And yes, USPS tends to lose a lotta stuff on media mail. Which is why I had to buy insurance (don't know if that's a ploy to not guarantee their service) for my Amazon shipment to AK - totally, it cost me $5.50 with Amazon only reimbursing me $3.99. So you can imagine how the losses add up on multiple shipments to HI, AK and PR.

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 06-01-16 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-01-16, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin
I don't get this. How is slow shipping Hastings' fault ? Its always given that media mail is the slowest and that to reach AK, HI or PR, it is going to take much longer times. I recently shipped an Amazon purchase to AK and it said it would take up to 3 weeks (not counting weekends and holidays) to get there on media mail. So its USPS' issue with regard to wait times on fulfillment. And so when you are researching issues for refunds, its only logical that the wait times are aligned with USPS's 'slow as molasses' shipping. And even with media mail, my shipping cost to AK from SoCal was $3.74. At a flat rate of $1.29 a package, Hastings is taking a hit if your shipment is fulfilled from multiple locations. So, I think we should cut them some slack, they do follow through with their refunds - there's few other places on the internet serving the US market on physical media at the prices that Hastings does. And yes, USPS tends to lose a lotta stuff on media mail. Which is why I had to buy insurance (don't know if that's a ploy to not guarantee their service) for my Amazon shipment to AK - totally, it cost me $5.50 with Amazon only reimbursing me $3.99. So you can imagine how the losses add up on multiple shipments to HI, AK and PR.
Yes your right slow shipping is not GoHastings fault. I totally understand why they ship items to me in HI by media mail. It's even single blu-rays. My beef is the refund. I already waited a full 30 days from when the item shipped. And the few items I have called because of a item not arriving & have always have gotten a refund. Now they come up with this 30 "business" days. I guess the PO is now closed on Saturdays.

As I said in post before when a item is shipped from them by Media mail it always arrives at Richmond, CA. And usually 10-15 days later it arrives at my house. The 2 box sets shipped out 05/01, arrived in Richmond Ca on 05/06. Now 06/01 no items in sight. It is not going to show up. But they want me to wait another 14 days so be it. I can be a ahole just like they are.
Old 06-01-16, 09:15 PM

Yes your right slow shipping is not GoHastings fault. I totally understand why they ship items to me in HI by media mail. It's even single blu-rays. My beef is the refund. I already waited a full 30 days from when the item shipped. And the few items I have called because of a item not arriving & have always have gotten a refund. Now they come up with this 30 "business" days. I guess the PO is now closed on Saturdays.

As I said in post before when a item is shipped from them by Media mail it always arrives at Richmond, CA. And usually 10-15 days later it arrives at my house. The 2 box sets shipped out 05/01, arrived in Richmond Ca on 05/06. Now 06/01 no items in sight. It is not going to show up. But they want me to wait another 14 days so be it. I can be a ahole just like they are.
All my media mail to SoCal first gets dispatched to Bell Gardens, CA which is the sorting facility for media mail (like yours goes to Richmond, VA). From Bell Gardens, it usually takes about 2 business days (sometimes 3) to have it delivered to me in SoCal. One of my recent packages, came to Bell Gardens, CA and then inexplicably got sent to Federal Way, WA. And 8 days later, it came back to Bell Gardens, CA before making it to my mail box. I have no idea what the sorting and shipping logistics of USPS are but from the quality of service, I can tell they have no clue either. Its no different on that UPS Mail Innovations method either. I have begun to treat my shipments as luck of the draw since the merchant bears the eventuality of the product not reaching me. Am sure Hastings is aware of USPS SLA's (or the lackthereof) and hence asks you to wait for longer times hoping that the package could get to you in the meantime. Its happened that way on a few occasions for me. And on 2 occasions, I have had packages delivered after refunds were issued. But Hastings will definitely come through on your refunds.
Old 06-06-16, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't get this. How is slow shipping Hastings' fault ?
I had an item with a tracking number which had clearly never left the store, because the USPS never received it. I tried for three weeks to get the customer service people to acknowledge this and actually contact the store, and they said that they can't consider a package lost for 30 days. Finally, the day the package would've been "lost", suddenly USPS got it. And I got it two or three days later.

So, that is an example of one way.
Old 06-08-16, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

There is a rumor floating around GoHastings will be suspending all trade-ins and buybacks this Friday onward. They could be changing their retail operations completely. Or even going out of business.
Old 06-08-16, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
There is a rumor floating around GoHastings will be suspending all trade-ins and buybacks this Friday onward. They could be changing their retail operations completely. Or even going out of business.
that will sound the death-knell for my BD collection (and am sure I speak for many)
Old 06-08-16, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Yeah, I've got a lot from GH over the last few years. I think the last sales screw up....maybe wasn't a screw up and GH just cleaned house because they wouldn't have sold them anyway.
Old 06-08-16, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Yeah, I've got a lot from GH over the last few years.
Same here. No more GH used sales would crimp my buying habits big time.
Old 06-09-16, 12:02 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

It could be a bankruptcy reorganization as the spokesman says they are remodeling 20 stores.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...kruptcy-filing

The good news is they just shipped all my orders for their olive clearance items that I got with the new coupon.

Last edited by g; 06-09-16 at 12:13 AM.
Old 06-09-16, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts

And another media retailer possibly bites the dust. People don't understand how this would affect used media pricing across the Internet. GoHastings was often the lowest priced seller for a wide array of used media items across sites that host competing sellers like Amazon Marketplace. Many sellers' pricing bots would lower their price when GoHastings put an item up. Remove them and used prices will go higher.
Old 06-09-16, 06:57 AM

Nooo! I'd say at least 1/3rd of my collection has come from their used sales. This would be very bad news.
Old 06-09-16, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

that will sound the death-knell for my BD collection (and am sure I speak for many)
I get alot of BD from them but a TON of CDs. My collection is 10x better since I started with them. I still have eBay sellers I use but GH is the primary. Fortunately I cleared a large portion of my wantlist over the past year but I was hoping to finish it off
Old 06-09-16, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 251 Likes on 186 Posts

Really lame. Just started making money after 5-6 years of struggling. Got my first blu-ray player and had started ordering from them. Hope they at least have a few big sales to end it if they are closing.
Old 06-09-16, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 472 Posts

That's interesting as I just this week received a coupon in email that is good for a extra $5 credit with a specified number of trade-in titles. And that coupon wasn't sent because I do trade-ins. I've not sold them anything in 15+ years and those few times were to get rid of a few duplicate CD titles my kids didn't want.
Old 06-09-16, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Well they killed Movie Stop so good riddance

But they could be suspending because they are about to receive a shit ton of stock from closing Movie Stops. Unless MS does everything $1 on the last day, they are going to have a lot of movies left.

I definitely have bought a lot of movies from GH tho, but their mismanagement of MS still stings. Trade 3 for 1 kept me in free new releases for years.
Old 06-10-16, 01:15 AM

Credit goes to DVD-Obsession (on the DVD deals forum)

GoHastings 1-Day Sale (6/10) - 45% Off Used Movies, Books, Music, Games:
Code: THANKS445K

Some more items crossed off the wishlist. Got:
The Thaw
Wolf Creek 2
Flags of Our Fathers
Perfect Sense
Strangerland
90 Minutes in Heaven
A Single Shot
Dazed and Confused (Criterion)
Old 06-10-16, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As of 8:20pm HST code does not work on "Newer" used BD titles.
Old 06-10-16, 03:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As of 8:20pm HST code does not work on "Newer" used BD titles.
Finally got code to work on "Zootopia" BD.
Old 06-10-16, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 251 Likes on 186 Posts

Focused on things on my wish list that were already $9 or less

Picked up
Mad Men (seasons 1-3)
Super Troopers
Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
Crimson Tide
In The Line of Fire/Air Force One 2 Pack
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
House of 1000 Corpses
Tropic Thunder
The Town
Three Kings

and Albert Brooks' book - 2030 : The Real Story of What Happens to America

All together was 68.97 shipped
Old 06-11-16, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

They are laying off people and might go out of business if a buyer isn't found:

http://www.newschannel10.com/story/3...-plant-closing

"Hastings has been working diligently to overcome our business challenges and we have made significant progress with a remerchandising strategy and other initiatives aimed at increasing profitability. To continue our transformation, we have initiated a comprehensive process to identify a buyer or investor that will give us the additional financial stability we need to move forward. While we are hopeful a sale agreement will be reached, we also have a responsibility to prepare for all contingencies. As a result, we were obligated to formally notify our associates that, if a sale agreement cannot be achieved in a timely manner, we may need to begin downsizing our corporate office and/or closing the entire Hastings chain due to our continuing financial challenges. Our management team believes there are a number of parties that would be interested in acquiring our brand, and we are doing everything possible to create a strong future for our business and for this great team." (2:58 p.m., Friday June 10).
Old 06-11-16, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Looks like that rumor was true about them possibly going out of business.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.