Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-12, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

There are some pretty good prices here, but I already own the ones I want from used Blockbuster sales. Many of them would've been a bit cheaper here, but I'm not good at future prediction. What's funny is if you select used Blu-Ray as your search criteria and sort from low to high price, what you'll see on the $5 or less pages is almost an exact list of the used BDs I keep seeing at closing Blockbuster stores.

Unfortunately when searching this way (the only way I know how since I don't have any specific titles I'm looking for) it seems to skip a lot of them. For instance, Mr. and Mrs. Smith didn't show up in the list where a $2.29 BD should have, and I stopped when the discounted used BD price got over $6.

So they have some good deals and I bet they must have a few used BDs I'd like to buy, but I spent 10 minutes going through various pages and couldn't find a single one. Unless people keep posting a bunch of titles and I spot one, I guess nothing for me.
Old 04-13-12, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good to see a deal pop up while they still have the reduced shipping in place. Was thinking they would have a sale on tax day, but glad to see they have one now. Really only one title that I missed out that was in stock yesterday but now out. Probably only had 1 in stock. Interesting at what titles are not eligible as wanted African Cats at $12.99 before discount but nothing was taken off so passed on that. Ended up with, hopefully no cancels(price with shipping).

Scarface $6.52
The Hulk $5.69
Teen Wolf $6.12
Dumbo $11.04
Big Bang Theory S.4 $15.63
Bill Cosby Himself(DVD, not discounted?) $4.64
Old 04-13-12, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Good to see a deal pop up while they still have the reduced shipping in place. Was thinking they would have a sale on tax day, but glad to see they have one now. Really only one title that I missed out that was in stock yesterday but now out. Probably only had 1 in stock. Interesting at what titles are not eligible as wanted African Cats at $12.99 before discount but nothing was taken off so passed on that. Ended up with, hopefully no cancels(price with shipping).
Have you tried calling to see if they would manually apply the discount? I was able to get them to do that for me during a previous sale when the code wasn't working on one of my movies. It's worth a shot.

Originally Posted by Manzana
There are some pretty good prices here, but I already own the ones I want from used Blockbuster sales. Many of them would've been a bit cheaper here, but I'm not good at future prediction. What's funny is if you select used Blu-Ray as your search criteria and sort from low to high price, what you'll see on the $5 or less pages is almost an exact list of the used BDs I keep seeing at closing Blockbuster stores.

Unfortunately when searching this way (the only way I know how since I don't have any specific titles I'm looking for) it seems to skip a lot of them. For instance, Mr. and Mrs. Smith didn't show up in the list where a $2.29 BD should have, and I stopped when the discounted used BD price got over $6.

So they have some good deals and I bet they must have a few used BDs I'd like to buy, but I spent 10 minutes going through various pages and couldn't find a single one. Unless people keep posting a bunch of titles and I spot one, I guess nothing for me.
Old 04-13-12, 09:30 AM

Schloob1, if you want African Cats, you should try to find a closing Blockbuster store. Each of the 2 I've been to have had a few copies. On Monday I saw it used on BD for $1.99 but didn't buy it since I already own it. For some reason it didn't have a cover though at each store I saw it.

Regarding dino88's comment, I'll just say mentioning there are good deals in this sale but that I can't find anything I want because their used Blu-Ray sort by price search doesn't work correctly (i.e. it leaves out various titles) seems like a valid comment to me. I hope people post the titles and prices of what they order and maybe I'll spot something I want.
Old 04-13-12, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Schloob1, if you want African Cats, you should try to find a closing Blockbuster store. Each of the 2 I've been to have had a few copies. On Monday I saw it used on BD for $1.99 but didn't buy it since I already own it. For some reason it didn't have a cover though at each store I saw it.

Regarding dino88's comment, I'll just say mentioning there are good deals in this sale but that I can't find anything I want because their used Blu-Ray sort by price search doesn't work correctly (i.e. it leaves out various titles) seems like a valid comment to me. I hope people post the titles and prices of what they order and maybe I'll spot something I want.
It leaves out titles that are not eligible for the sale. You need to click on the banner at the top of the page regarding the sale and then you can click on the Blu's for sale on that page. And the search works perfectly fine, at least for me it does. And while I will call your comment valid, the point dino88 had I imagine is not a shock another complaint by you Manzana as it comes off like one as usual On that page I recommend you 1st sort low to high and then hit the "view all" tab. And this sale is "limited" but not too bad. Their actual used Blu's when you view all is about 20 pages. The sale portion is only 13 pages, so definitely a possibility of lots of titles you may want not being included like African Cats was not for me.

And yes, I've seen African Cats at the only Blockbuster that is still in the closing process by me but they are taking forever to drop prices. They are still at $6.99 Since they have 4 copies I'm hoping to nab that up when it hits $3.99 for sure.
Old 04-13-12, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by maxfisher
Finally. I've been wanting to pick up the two Mesrine movies for ages, patiently waiting for a deal where I could get them for under $20 each. Just snagged both for about $15 each after discount and shipping.
And both have been canceled within 4 hours. Oh well.
Old 04-13-12, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by maxfisher
And both have been canceled within 4 hours. Oh well.
Par for the course with hastings. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes not.
Old 04-13-12, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 447 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdragon
Par for the course with hastings. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes not.
I had 2 movies cancelled so far; Fort Apache & Moneyball.

I don't mind, just happy to get whatever I can.
Old 04-13-12, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My apologies for the noob questions (never shopped there before)...

How do you know what condition their used Blu-rays are in?

Do they always come with original cases and artwork?

What's up with the cancellations?
Old 04-13-12, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 447 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by Al_Tahoe
My apologies for the noob questions (never shopped there before)...

How do you know what condition their used Blu-rays are in?

Do they always come with original cases and artwork?

What's up with the cancellations?
Most of the Used Blu-rays I received were in very nice condition. I have always gotten the original artwork. Sometimes I even get a brand new-factory sealed Blu-ray (just got one like that for Drive) Once in awhile I'll get a beat up one, but they have a good customer service department and they will always refund your money if you send it back (They'll send you a pre-paid return label).

They cancel sometimes because the individual items are located at different stores and not in one central location...thus there inventory update is not exact and they end up cancelling items that are not actually in stock in any of the stores. I'm guessing people off the street or on Amazon will buy them so their website isn't updated in regards to in-stock status.
Old 04-13-12, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jaymole
Most of the Used Blu-rays I received were in very nice condition. I have always gotten the original artwork. Sometimes I even get a brand new-factory sealed Blu-ray (just got one like that for Drive) Once in awhile I'll get a beat up one, but they have a good customer service department and they will always refund your money if you send it back (They'll send you a pre-paid return label).

They cancel sometimes because the individual items are located at different stores and not in one central location...thus there inventory update is not exact and they end up cancelling items that are not actually in stock in any of the stores. I'm guessing people off the street or on Amazon will buy them so their website isn't updated in regards to in-stock status.
Thanks!

I went ahead and gave it a shot on a few cheap Blus.
Old 04-13-12, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Ordered V for Vendetta for about $5 shipped and kicking myself for just buying S Darko at Best Buy for $8, it would have been under $4.
Old 04-14-12, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn these GoHastings sales! I spent way more than I should have and certainly more than I planned.

Only yielded one Blu, APOCALYPTO for $7.75 shipped. But plenty of SD titles from my two favorite genres, Horror and Western. Given the frustrating search functions or lack of same thereof at this site, plus the fact that I already spent enough, I stopped after Horror and Western. But then wound up going overboard on books too with the $44 IRON MAN Omnibus Vol. 2. Sigh.
Old 04-14-12, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 557 Likes on 408 Posts

For $65 shipped I got 14 Takashi Miike dvds, 3 Kitanos (Boiling Point, Violent Cop, Kikujiro), 2 Sonos (Strange Circus & Hair Extensions) and Blu-rays of Bruno and The Happening.

Can't beat that.
Old 04-17-12, 08:09 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I made out pretty good:

All in the Family: The Complete Seventh Season
Moneyball
The Descendants
WWE: The Very Best of WCW Monday Nitro
The Dead

All for $54 bucks
Old 04-17-12, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Check your email for $10 off $40 unique codes.
Old 04-17-12, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by starman9000
Check your email for $10 off $40 unique codes.
yeah. I got one of those but to hit $40 min may be a challenge.
Old 04-19-12, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

I got one item canceled but the rest already arrived to my house. First time I've used gohastings and I'll probably order from them again.
Old 04-20-12, 09:31 AM

I received a $5 off $25 coupon but when I went to use it, it doesn't work. I wrote them and they told me to call. I called but got voicemail. I left message but it's been two days and they haven't called back. Ugh!

If anyone has a coupon they don't plan to use, I'd love to have it. Maybe your code will work better than mine. $5 off $25 or $10 off $40 would either be appreciated.
Old 04-20-12, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

$10 off $40 expires 4/22:

*claimed

Please post if you use it.

Last edited by starman9000; 04-20-12 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-20-12, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DVDMovieMan
I received a $5 off $25 coupon but when I went to use it, it doesn't work. I wrote them and they told me to call. I called but got voicemail. I left message but it's been two days and they haven't called back. Ugh!

If anyone has a coupon they don't plan to use, I'd love to have it. Maybe your code will work better than mine. $5 off $25 or $10 off $40 would either be appreciated.
Did you just receive it? They had a $5 off $25 but that was over a week or so ago now. The main one now is the $10 off $40 which was sent the start of this week.
Old 04-20-12, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starman9000
$10 off $40 expires 4/22:

AP1040QST4

Please post if you use it.
Just used it. TYVM! I was bummed that I didn't receive the email, so this makes up for it.

EDIT: I didn't see DVDMovieMan's post until after I had already used the coupon. I hope it wasn't meant specifically for him. I just saw the coupon posted, and ran quickly to use it... It had been posted 2 1/2 hours ago. I was shocked it was still unused...
Old 04-20-12, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't see his either actually, I just saw that the thread was bumped and remembered I was going to post it. Glad someone was able to use it.
Old 04-20-12, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Did you just receive it? They had a $5 off $25 but that was over a week or so ago now. The main one now is the $10 off $40 which was sent the start of this week.
Yes, I just received the coupon. Expires 4/22.

UPDATE: Interestingly, just out of curiosity, I bumped my cart up to $40 and it is now taking $10 off. Even though the email/coupon clearly states $5 off $25. Weird, but I'll run with it.
Old 04-20-12, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVDMovieMan
UPDATE: Interestingly, just out of curiosity, I bumped my cart up to $40 and it is now taking $10 off. Even though the email/coupon clearly states $5 off $25. Weird, but I'll run with it.
Score! Well, that certainly worked to your advantage!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.