Community
Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-12, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

I wish you could search by what's in stock. Although, that would end up being a pretty short list. I'm always like "yay a sale!" then I go to my wish list and 98% is OOS. Bunch of indian givers.
Old 05-27-12, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can relate.

Thought I made a nice score on Wizard of Oz 3-Disc - only to get a cancellation e-mail about an hour later.
Old 05-27-12, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts

GoHastings REALLY screws you on foreign releases. Not sure why as I can get them overseas brand new for a 1/3 of their USED price.
Old 05-28-12, 08:00 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got 2 shipping emails on Sunday for my Sunday morning GoHastings order that I wish I hadn't placed and wanted to cancel even though according to their web site they are closed on the weekend and the post office isn't even open until Tuesday. It makes my email and calling them a moot point. I just need to find out how they want me to return the 1 package since they are shipping them separately and I don't even need to open it (if I can tell which is which).

I find it strange that they say they're closed on weekends and then they ship the items when they and the post office are both closed. Or perhaps is it only the customer service which is closed but the rest of the company is open. That makes it hard for me not to wonder if this is a purposeful strategy to make it impossible for people who order on the weekend to change their minds and cancel their order before it ships. Just curious.
Old 05-28-12, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Manzana
I got 2 shipping emails on Sunday for my Sunday morning GoHastings order that I wish I hadn't placed and wanted to cancel even though according to their web site they are closed on the weekend and the post office isn't even open until Tuesday. It makes my email and calling them a moot point. I just need to find out how they want me to return the 1 package since they are shipping them separately and I don't even need to open it (if I can tell which is which).

I find it strange that they say they're closed on weekends and then they ship the items when they and the post office are both closed. Or perhaps is it only the customer service which is closed but the rest of the company is open. That makes it hard for me not to wonder if this is a purposeful strategy to make it impossible for people who order on the weekend to change their minds and cancel their order before it ships. Just curious.
Fairly certain their stores are open on the weekends. It's their customer service centers that are closed on the weekends. And since the store is open they are able to process the orders if they so choose to. And certain that all store would have shippers to process the orders, so sounds like someone was on top of their game and getting work done on a slow day possibly.
Old 05-28-12, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 152 Likes on 105 Posts

Only Manzana can go from complaining about the fact that it's probably going to be out of stock and cancelled to complaining about the fact that they shipped it so soon, in such short order no less
Old 05-28-12, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks, Schloob1. I knew that GoHastings had retail stores (none near me), but I didn't know the product shipped from those stores. So pretty much if you order on the weekend, your order will probably already be packed up and waiting to ship from one of their B&M stores somewhere in the country for the next business day before customer service is available.

I looked on their web page to see if their Monday-Friday customer service hours excluded holidays. It doesn't say, so I guess I'll call today. Well, it has been a learning experience. Now I know it's not easy to cancel GoHastings orders before they ship, especially if you order on the weekend.

joltman, I am unique and special. Before I knew there was a better deal, I was worried about them canceling my order as they have done many times because their inventory system isn't very good. Then when I saw and ordered the BB Planet Earth deal, I wanted to cancel that item 2 hours later, but couldn't. If I had my preference, I would always prefer slow shipping from all stores because I'm almost never in a rush to watch anything. Most stuff goes on my shelf for weeks, months, or even years until I finally get in the right mood. I'll probably watch Frozen Planet soon, but Planet Earth I saw a few years ago. I just want to have one available in case the mood hits me or someone else wants to see it. Given the choice between new or used for $20, it's obvious I'd pick new. Also, knowing past Planet Earth (non SE)/Life prices, $15 is probably the cheapest it'll ever get, so $20 is a decent price point. $30 would've been a stretch since $20 is likely (as happened with BB).
Old 05-28-12, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Well, I ordered a Blu-ray anime set so we'll see how well it shows up at my doorstep. Got notification of the other titles already shipping, but not this one, so maybe it will be cancelled altogether.

---
Well, received the three titles I ordered:

Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen (2-Disc SE)
Wanted: 2-Disc (Blu-ray + DVD)
Hellboy II: The Golden Army (2-Disc)

Total: $18.38
---

5-31-12

These were in immaculate condition. I just couldn't justify paying Michael Bay Prices for movie that has been released a rather long time ago, and I finally scored with this one. Still waiting for the anime set I ordered. We'll see how it looks...

---

6-4-12

Received the Claymore Blu-ray set. I wasn't aware it was cardboard packaging with two Blu-ray cases, but anyway, it came in pretty good condition. The discs are near-perfect shape. For $14 I can't complain too much.

Last edited by DVD Polizei; 06-04-12 at 10:14 PM.
Old 06-17-12, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Not a great deal, but SAVEMORE gets you the following from 6/17-6/20.

5 off 25 (20%)
10 off 40 (25%)

Note this on merchandise only and not shipping,etc. So your total needs to be at least this much for the discount to apply. Was really hoping for 30% today, oh well.
Old 06-17-12, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Schloob1
Not a great deal, but SAVEMORE gets you the following from 6/17-6/20.

5 off 25 (20%)
10 off 40 (25%)

Note this on merchandise only and not shipping,etc. So your total needs to be at least this much for the discount to apply. Was really hoping for 30% today, oh well.
I was just coming to post this...
Tropic Thunder Used Blu-ray $5.99
Our Idiot Brother PV Blu-ray $5.99
30 Minutes or Less PV Blu-ray $5.99
Shark Night Used Blu-ray $5.99
plus these 2 which usually aren't discounted for some reason
Avril Lavigne - Goodbye Lullaby Deluxe Used CD $6.62
Def Leppard - Mirror Ball: Live & More Used CD $9.74
Order Total $36.08 (after discount plus shipping)
Old 06-24-12, 05:15 AM
Banned

Old 06-24-12, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by junglalien
Indeed. I went ahead and picked up copies of The Woman in Black and The Count of Monte Cristo this time around, for ~$22.50 shipped. Good enough for me.
Old 07-11-12, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

7 Days | $7 Off
on all Movies
when you purchase $30 or more
* excludes pre-orders, reservations, & shipping

Code 7AND7

while not great.. it might help with an order of a higher priced item..
Old 07-11-12, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Basically, a 25% OFF Coupon. Not too bad.
Old 07-13-12, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Another new code for today only per Facebook. Take $10 off any order of $30 or more. (Excludes MP3s, eBooks, Pre-orders, reservations, & shipping. Other exclusions may apply.) Use the code BONUS at checkout. Can be used multiple times.

Placed 2 orders myself.

$23.36
MIB
Seven Samurai

$27.14
MIB 2
Curse of the Golden Flower
Harold and Kumar 2
Knocked Up
Open Season 3
Old 07-14-12, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Schloob1
Another new code for today only per Facebook. Take $10 off any order of $30 or more. (Excludes MP3s, eBooks, Pre-orders, reservations, & shipping. Other exclusions may apply.) Use the code BONUS at checkout. Can be used multiple times.

I decided to take that chance on The Artist hoping that I get the slipcase with it (fingers crossed) and Wilfred Season 1. I was checking my wishlist about 6:00 PM after seeing the deal on blu-ray.com and Wilfred was OOS, but I decided to check it again at about 7:30/8:00 to see what else I could possibly get and Wilfred was back in stock.

Decided to pull the trigger on both.
Old 07-15-12, 05:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

2 Day Sale (July 15th and 16th), Save 30% OFF USED Books, CDs, Movies, and Games...

FRIENDS
Old 07-22-12, 01:58 PM
Banned

Old 07-23-12, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

Interesting... but the Code BATMAN which is supposed to give 30% off DVDs seems to be giving 40% music DVDs... the hunt continues...
Old 07-23-12, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I think it's a multi-purpose code.
Old 07-23-12, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei
I think it's a multi-purpose code.
It is. I've used it 3 times so far.
Old 07-29-12, 01:04 AM
Banned

Old 07-29-12, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Picked up the following for $51.87 shipped(price below before ship).

Back to School $4.55
Big Bang Theory season 1 $15.05
Star Trek original series season 1 $29.39
Old 08-02-12, 01:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Bought the OOP Warner Brothers SD USED of SCARAMOUCHE and was sent a bootleg torrent copy. That's a first for me at Hastings, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Old 08-02-12, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Bought the OOP Warner Brothers SD USED of SCARAMOUCHE and was sent a bootleg torrent copy. That's a first for me at Hastings, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
am not doubting your experience but that last statement of 'shouldn't be surprised' surprises me. So far, I have had nothing but good experiences with Hastings used discs. The discs come in good condition, sometimes they cancel an order due to timing issues with receiving multiple hits on the same limited title. And if the discs are bad, it takes one phone call to refund the order or return it. I have now bought about 35 discs from them over a year and the experience has been terrific.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.