Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-10, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Slightly OT because it's about books and not Blu DVDs, but dammit, this is why I hate BlowHastings!

It took me about two hours on Sunday to find five used books I wanted for the get five for $20 deal. Some were close to $20 each so getting them for $6 shipped was a really good deal! When I went to check out they said one of the items I had in my cart was no longer available, I guess I took too long to complete the order and somebody else ordered it. So I had to go searching for a fifth book to get the deal. I found one and placed the order.

Then what happens? I see that the original book that they said is no longer available is now available again! So I got up early today and called them first thing and explained what happened, saying I would rather have my original choice than the alternate one I ordered. She said the only way to do it would be to cancel the entire order and then re-order everything with the different book. I asked if she could do that and she said yes. So she starts to do it and then says:

"Oh, it looks like all the books you ordered yesterday are showing up as out of stock."

I asked her if that was because they were in MY order and she would have to cancel that order so that they would show as being available again? She said, no, that they were out of stock when I ordered them yesterday! I said why in the hell did the system allow me to order them then? She said that the system can't keep up with the transactions on busy days like Black Friday and Cyber Monday. !!!
Old 11-29-10, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I order a ton from gohastings, but I have my expectations firmly in check whenever I make an order.
Old 11-29-10, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Same inventory issue happened to me today. I ordered Office Space blu ray for ~$6 and got an email within 10 minutes saying it was out of stock. They have by far, the best prices on used BDs, but they can be a hassle at times.
Old 11-29-10, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 443 Likes on 250 Posts

For 3 straight days I ordered the Blu-ray of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and for 3 straight days I received cancellation e-mails
Old 11-29-10, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I've ordered David Sedaris' new book 3 times with the same outcome.
Old 11-30-10, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Now today I got e mail notices saying all five of my books have shipped. ??????
Old 11-30-10, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Not bothering with these guys anymore. Tired of ordering things that say "in stock" only to have it canceled 10 minutes later without any explanation.
Old 11-30-10, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Not bothering with these guys anymore. Tired of ordering things that say "in stock" only to have it canceled 10 minutes later without any explanation.
i know stuff is from different stores, so with the holiday season they could have just sold the item you ordered in store someplace.
Old 12-12-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All codes dead right now? I can't get anything to work.
Old 12-12-10, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
I wrote up the explanation in the ST:TNG complete series thead, but to quickly summarize it's their crappy inventory system that doesn't try to match orders with inventory and they do not hold orders until they can be filled but their system simply goes through frequently/periodically and (seemingly randomly) cancels certain orders to make current orders match the current inventory. It's the only place I know of with such a crappy system.
Old 12-12-10, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
I wrote up the explanation in the ST:TNG complete series thead, but to quickly summarize it's their crappy inventory system that doesn't try to match orders with inventory and they do not hold orders until they can be filled but their system simply goes through frequently/periodically and (seemingly randomly) cancels certain orders to make current orders match the current inventory. It's the only place I know of with such a crappy system.
I think I agree..but with the use of commas and periods, I'd understand more. That was one long sentence, lol.
Old 12-12-10, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by kbjorn
I think I agree..but with the use of commas and periods, I'd understand more. That was one long sentence, lol.
Yes it was. If I didn't type fast I wouldn't have time to post at all, so I use long sentences which may not be edited correctly. However, I probably know English grammar better than most people, so I COULD do it if I had time, but I don't so I won't and I'll keep on using run-on sentences like this one because it's so much fun. :-)
Old 12-12-10, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jkzahn
All codes dead right now? I can't get anything to work.
Yes, they are all dead but you are supposed to get 10% off all used and prev. viewed blurays plus expedited shipping for the price of standard for 2 days only.
Old 12-13-10, 09:09 AM

Just picked up:
Inception Used - Blu-ray $13.57
Ferris Bueller's Day Off Used - Blu-ray $6.73
Twister Used - Blu-ray $6.73
Office Space Used - Blu-ray $5.51
American Werewolf in London Used - Blu-ray $5.09
Black Hawk Down Used - Blu-ray $7.28
Bullitt Used - Blu-ray $3.61
for
Old 12-15-10, 08:32 AM

Got shipping confirmations for all 7 from ^that order. Went ahead and placed two more orders. Everything is still adding an automatic 10% off in cart. If you can get past the somewhat random cancellations that occasionally happen, you can't beat their prices.

Crazy Heart Used - Blu-ray $7.92
Forrest Gump Used - Blu-ray $9.28
Mystic River Used - Blu-ray $8.01
Apollo 13 Used - Blu-ray $6.53
Up in the Air Used - Blu-ray $8.76

Sleeping Beauty Used - Blu-ray $17.46
Hitch Used - Blu-ray $3.11
Interview with the Vampire Used - Blu-ray $3.28
Swordfish Used - Blu-ray $3.11
Old 12-16-10, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

GoHastings Free Shipping 12/17
Old 12-31-10, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

20% off everything in your cart

NYRSALE

(must be over $50 & cannot use a Gift Card - wth)

Last edited by b2net; 12-31-10 at 09:27 AM. Reason: more details - yuck
Old 01-01-11, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by b2net
20% off everything in your cart

NYRSALE

(must be over $50 & cannot use a Gift Card - wth)
From the way it's worded, I think you can use a gift card with the discount, but you can't use the discount to buy a gift card.
Old 01-01-11, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That sounds more appropriate.. and makes sense.. still this sale isn't that good unless you are buying a higher priced item.. if you add up a bunch of things.. the shipping will kill the 20%..
Old 01-01-11, 11:59 AM

FYI - It's working on gaming systems, even though it's not supposed to.
Old 01-04-11, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got an email saying that there is free standard shipping today only with purchase of a New Arrival. Promo code is NEW2TUES and it is a one per account offer.
Old 01-12-11, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by mitch079
FYI - It's working on gaming systems, even though it's not supposed to.
I think that their all used items sale works on gaming systems. I know it does in store because I purchased a Black Nintendo Wii for $77 from them because it was 40% off.

I also noticed that IN STORE if you have one close to you they are having Buy One Get 2nd for $1 on Blu-ray and Friday / Saturday they are having 40% USED bluray. I do believe these sales will combine so you can basically get two used blurays for about $13 after tax or so assuming they are priced used at $19.99.
Old 01-13-11, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by dugnarug
I think that their all used items sale works on gaming systems. I know it does in store because I purchased a Black Nintendo Wii for $77 from them because it was 40% off.

I also noticed that IN STORE if you have one close to you they are having Buy One Get 2nd for $1 on Blu-ray and Friday / Saturday they are having 40% USED bluray. I do believe these sales will combine so you can basically get two used blurays for about $13 after tax or so assuming they are priced used at $19.99.
Thanks for pointing that out. I never look at Hastings in-store anymore as their prices are way too high. Several years ago, they used to be my main source for buying DVDs as they always had them cheap then ran B1G1 for a penny sales. A large portion of my DVD collection came from them. But then their prices went up and they've had no good deals on blu-rays in store. It would be interesting to see if they stack the two deals on blu-rays. I'm not sure it will work, but you can always try, I guess. A lot of times they enter the $1 price manually, so it may be YMMV. I figured that system out when I bought DVDs by alternating lower price items and higher price items knowing the cashier would usually change the price of the 2nd, 4th, 6th item etc. Most of the time it actually worked where they would change the price of the higher price items, but not always. So depending on the cashier, if the prices are ringing up at 40% automatically, they may not even pay attention and just mark down the second disc to $1 anyway, even if they aren't supposed to. Too bad my budget is way too tight, right now. I would normally spend my Christmas money on a deal like this, but I might have to spend it on bills
Old 01-14-11, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

USED2DAY

10% off Used Blu-Ray

Nothing for me............
Old 01-14-11, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

all the stuff I want is OOS.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.