Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-12, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
re: Hastings / gohastings.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Oh, I'm not complaining. All the discs I've received so far have looked excellent. Fills a nice niche in my collection.
Old 02-28-12, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

29% off used blu-ray, dvd, music, etc....

use code LEAPYEAR

Offer valid on qualifying gohastings.com merchandise February 29, 2012 from 5:00am through 11:59pm Central Standard Time . Offer not valid on eBooks, new Books, Calendars, or new audio books, MP3s, New Video Games, New Video Game Hardware & Accessories, Electronics or New Blu-Ray products. Discount applies to merchandise only. Not valid on pre-orders, reservations, giftcards, packaging, shipping or applicable taxes.
Old 02-29-12, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 461 Likes on 257 Posts

They raised the prices on most of the used Blu-rays so the sale is a no go for me.
Old 02-29-12, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another B.F.D. from Hastings. If they had thrown in Free Shipping it would have been ok, but after not finding anything last week for 40% off, I'm not going to find anything today for 29%. Everything on my Wish List is OOS anyway. I've gotten great stuff from this joint, but I don't know, lately I just find them to be irritating.
Old 02-29-12, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

While I will not go so far as saying irritating, for me they have been very complacent. I would say it started if I recall correctly when they hit the 100K facebook special sale where they were promising "BIG DEALS" on this one particular day and they ended up being pretty much standard fair they always would have. I know the previous Black Friday week and other specials before then where it would be a discount AND free shipping for example. Ever since this "BIG DEALS" disappointment I don't recall them having any "combo" deals on discounts and so I too have been disappointed in their overall sales. I've been able to get a gem here and there but nothing like when I 1st started purchasing from them.
Old 04-01-12, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

$0.99 Shipping per item ... April 1 only...

SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS

(or SUPER will work too)
Old 04-02-12, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Dang, even with $.99 shipping, I didn't find anything. Next time will be July I think.
Old 04-02-12, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Whether it gets cancelled or not but I found the Martin Scorsese set for $6 shipped yesterday. Great price for 3 movies, other than that yes there was nothing in my wishlist that was either out of stock or went up in price that was worth it in the deal.
Old 04-06-12, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

$0.96 Shipping today on Music & Movies... Free Shipping on Books... also check your email if you get promos from them.. they are providing a unique one time use code for $5 of $25 or more purchase..
Old 04-06-12, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

BTW... here is the details of the one time use code...

*Offer valid on gohastings.com merchandise through 11:59pm CT April 10, 2012. Offer not valid on New Video Games, New Video Game Hardware, Electronics, New Blu-Ray products or eBooks. Discount applies to merchandise and shipping only. Not valid on pre-orders, reservations, giftcards, packaging or applicable taxes. No adjustments on previous purchases. Not valid for cash or cash equivalent. Online code limited to one-time use. Not responsible for lost or stolen codes.
Although... if you pair a new Blu with any other product.. the code does work..
Old 04-06-12, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

and some .. er.. uh... good news / bad news / crappy news about the $0.96 shipping...

good news.. Music and Movie shipping isn't $2.28 per item any more..
bad news .. Video Games are still $2.28.
crappy news.. the $0.96 per item is based on weight.. as follows
$0.96 for the first up to 4 oz.. then it is $0.24 per oz thereafter.... and yes .. this is "per item"..

Not sure how/when the weight overage will take effect.. as it seems to be $0.96 flat no matter the weight right now...

but I can tell you ... not only is that confusing.. but I am sure it will minimize their sales as well...

ugh...

http://www.gohastings.com/custserv/c...m_nooverride=1

Spoiler:
Shipping Information

The following types of shipping are available within the continental United States when purchasing from goHastings.com.

•Standard Shipping - Usually takes 3-10 business days of actual delivery time
•Priority/Expedited Mail - Usually takes 2-3 business days of actual delivery time
Shipping from goHastings.com is usually delivered via the United States Postal Service. Please note: Items shipped using this method are not shipped with any tracking information.

Please note product may ship from multiple locations and may arrive in separate packages at different times.

Please note that your total shipping charge for Books, Trends and Electronics is based on a calculation of the "Per Ticket" fee plus the "Per Product" fee(s), which you can determine from the "Shipping Cart" below. There may be additional shipping fees, however rare, which will be noted on your total ticket before your credit card is billed. Please also note that the “per ticket” fee is a one time charge per order. If you order has multiple products from different departments the “per ticket” fee will be based of the higher of the “per ticket” fee. Example to determine which “per ticket” fee will be charged: If your order a Book and a CD the “per ticket” fee will be calculated from the Book’s “per ticket” fee as it is the higher of the two “per ticket” fees. For products that are charged by the pound, we round up shipping pricing to the nearest pound.

The shipping charge for Movies, Music and Video Games is based on a "Per Product" flat fee. (i.e. shipping charges for 3 movies would be $6.84)

If you purchase items under different shipping categories different shipping charges will be incurred. See the chart below for an example.

Standard Rate Shipping Sample
Movie 1 $.96*
Movie per product fee
12oz Trends 1 $1.99
Trends per ticket fee
32oz Trends 2 $3.20
Trends per pound fee
Total Shipping $6.15
Total shipping cost

goHastings.com processes orders for shipping Monday - Friday. Any order received on Saturday, Sunday or any National Holiday will be processed on the next business day.

Order Processing Shipping
Standard Shipping Within 48 Hours 3-10 Days
Priority / Expedited Mail Within 48 Hours 2 - 3 Days

Last Updated: 04/06/2012

Standard Shipping
Per Product
Movies and Music (Used and New) $.96*
Video Games (Used and New) $2.28
Per Ticket Per Pound*
Trends and Electronics $1.99 $1.60
Books (Used and New) FREE FREE
Priority/Expedited Mail
Per Product
Movies and Music (Used and New) $6.28
Video Games (Used and New) $6.28
Per Ticket Per Pound**
Trends and Electronics $3.99 $2.08
Books (Used and New) $9.99 $0.99

*Based on 4 oz. standard weight. Each additional oz add $.24. **16 oz equals 1 pound
Old 04-06-12, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Why the hell do they make their shipping prices read like a goddamn accountant doing the Federal Government's budget for 2012.

Confuse customers and they will go elsewhere.
Old 04-06-12, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is one of the most hilariously awful things I've read of a company doing like that ever.
Old 04-11-12, 02:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds like it could be the basic weight for a DVD/Blu-ray, so for the most part it will probably be 96 cents. But if someone orders a big box set or a special edition with extra stuff with it that may cost more to ship (i.e. statues, books, etc.), they want to make sure they aren't losing out on their shipping. This used to be common practice with shipping charges, though I understand one's complaints as it's no longer common practice. But I'm sure it won't be difficult to add something to the cart and find out the shipping costs, though I know it's a couple extra steps. I would rather it be this than the $2+ they charged before, though I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be temporary, so by the time there's a % off sale, the shipping will probably go back up. Either way, I've still been happy with gohastings. It hasn't been as good as it was a few years back, but that's OK, as I don't need to spend as much money
Old 04-11-12, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just curious- anyone remember what they charged before the $2.28? When I first started shopping with them I remember buying ALOT. I still do, but mostly during free shipping promos or discounts.
Old 04-11-12, 07:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by xfilekr
Just curious- anyone remember what they charged before the $2.28? When I first started shopping with them I remember buying ALOT. I still do, but mostly during free shipping promos or discounts.
This may not be exact, but it was something like $1.99 for the first DVD, and $1 for each one after that.

I found 2 confirmation e-mails from 2009 - One showed 7 titles with $8.99 shipping, the other had 30 titles with $31.99 shiping.
Old 04-11-12, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by cardsfan111
This may not be exact, but it was something like $1.99 for the first DVD, and $1 for each one after that.

I found 2 confirmation e-mails from 2009 - One showed 7 titles with $8.99 shipping, the other had 30 titles with $31.99 shiping.
I had a bunch of orders in 09-10/2009 for 3 used blu-rays per order and shipping was $4.99. One order of 4 used blu-rays was $5.99.
Old 04-13-12, 03:37 AM

30% off code SPRINGSAVINGS and $.96 Shipping fee for each Blu-ray!
Old 04-13-12, 05:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Someone should make a new thread. This is the best deal Hastings has had in ages (when combined with the new shipping price)...im just too lazy.
Old 04-13-12, 05:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Just ordered a bunch of stuff (prices with discount included):

La Femme Nikita $4.60
13 Assassins (Previously Viewed) $5.60
In the Line of Fire $3.46
Mr. and Mrs. Smith $1.61
Amarcord $13.99
Delicatessen $15.36

There were several Criterons still in stock there. The Music Room, Zazie Dans le Metro, Kes, Makioka Sisters, Topsy Turvy.

I'm still expecting a part of this order to get canceled.
Old 04-13-12, 06:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Finally. I've been wanting to pick up the two Mesrine movies for ages, patiently waiting for a deal where I could get them for under $20 each. Just snagged both for about $15 each after discount and shipping.
Old 04-13-12, 08:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got The girl with the dragon tattoo and The muppets for just over 21 bucks shipped. Great deal.
Old 04-13-12, 08:28 AM

Nice! ordered Charade and The Music Room Criterions for about $30 shipped. We'll see...
Old 04-13-12, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I picked up Queen - The Crown Jewels for $30.
Old 04-13-12, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 461 Likes on 257 Posts

Ordered around 20 Blu-rays...some nice prices.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.