Search
Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Target $5 off BD printable coupon

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-09, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Target $5 off BD printable coupon

I picked up Transformers BD for $10 plus tax...price-matched Best Buy and then used $5 coupon. Now I'm just trying to decide whether to blind buy Inglourious Basterds on Tuesday.
Old 12-13-09, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up the following for $4.99 after coupon:

Predator
Usual Suspects
Wild Bunch
Terminator
Ninth Gate

Also picked up the following for $9.99:

Apocalypto
Kill Bill 1 and 2

I just look for the goth looking Christmas temp or the stoner guy and they dont even look at the coupon so no problems.
Old 12-13-09, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Does anyone know if Target will price match off a stores website?
Policy is not to. They require the entire printed weekly ad.
Old 12-13-09, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,255 Likes on 864 Posts

Here is a new wrinkle ... I received a cash register coupon for $5 off of a $75 purchase ... think I could use one Target coupon and one manufacturers coupon per item and then use a Target coupon off of the whole purchase? Food for thought ...
Old 12-13-09, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by eatntae
I see, thanks.
Old 12-14-09, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by OldWhore'sDiet
I've got a question but I'm not sure if anyone will know the answer. I pre ordered Inglorious Basterds from Amazon with another movie to take advantage of the free super saver shipping. That other movie has been shipped and its in my possession. Will amazon charge me shipping on the shipped item if I cancel IB?
Looks like they won't even let you cancel the order. Just tried it.
Old 12-14-09, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Abob Teff
Here is a new wrinkle ... I received a cash register coupon for $5 off of a $75 purchase ... think I could use one Target coupon and one manufacturers coupon per item and then use a Target coupon off of the whole purchase? Food for thought ...
I've found when using coupons everything is YMMV. I had 1 of those $5 off $75 coupons and figured a young cashier kid would be more likely to let coupons go through than customer service. As Arnold would say "BIG MISTAKE". He only allowed the $5 off ones and said the $3 manufacturer's coupons came up as invalid and made no attempts to override them, so I didn't have $75 worth on the ones that worked. I took all the other titles which should've had $3 mfg. coupons over to customer service. The lady there forced the $3 coupons to work with the $5 ones. Then a supervisor walked over, stood behind her watching all of the coupons for a couple minutes, and then left without saying anything. I was worried he was going to say "stop... he's using too many coupons and getting a good deal". The downside is I didn't have enough $5 off coupons to make $75 with my remaining titles (having already bought several from the first cashier), so I grabbed a random expensive title to push it over $75 after asking "what happens if I return one of these items... will I lose my $5?" and she said no. So we'll see what happens when I return that item. I hope they don't take my $5 away as I bought more than $75... just on 2 separate receipts thanks to the cashier. We'll see if G-Force is doable for $5 because I'm finding these mfg. coupons (ones that I printed off Smartsource or Red Plum going through their hideous coupon printer) often show up as invalid at Target.

I also got a Lionsgate $3 off coupon which made Stargate BR $1.99.

I've also got a $5 off MGM or Fox Movie Gift Set coupon from Target, but nobody I asked there knew what exactly a "movie gift set" was. A single movie in a thick package or multiple movies? Anyone know? I guess the bottomline is that none of the BRs I'd be buying would fit into that category.

Last edited by Manzana; 12-14-09 at 06:43 AM.
Old 12-14-09, 09:09 AM

I didn't see these when I was last at Target and since Target's web site is of no help for in-store prices, what are the current prices of the following BRs that have manufacturer coupons?

Fight Club 10th anniversary edition
My Cousin Vinny
The Day After Tomorrow
AVP
Jumper
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Mr. and Mrs. Smith
Hitman
Man on Fire
Die Hard Collection
Rocky the Undisputed Collection
The Mel Brooks Collection
Alien Quadrilogy
Paul Newman Tribute Collection

I'm assuming they are all $19.99 or higher. If I missed a post detailing these, I'm sorry.
Old 12-14-09, 09:13 AM

I tried to use the coupon on 2001: Space Odyssey I picked up on Black Friday, but the lady at CS claimed it could only be used if I bought it earlier that day. We had a few words, but she wasn't budging. Anyone know if applying a coupon to a previous purchase (within the return timeframe) is a Target policy?
Old 12-14-09, 09:35 AM
Cool New Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jewellrunner
I tried to use the coupon on 2001: Space Odyssey I picked up on Black Friday, but the lady at CS claimed it could only be used if I bought it earlier that day. We had a few words, but she wasn't budging. Anyone know if applying a coupon to a previous purchase (within the return timeframe) is a Target policy?
I stopped in last Thursday to see if I could get the coupon to apply to the Wizard of Oz I picked up the day after Black Friday and the manager told me their policy to apply a missed coupon discount is to do it no later than 7 days.
Old 12-14-09, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WalkingDisaster
I stopped in last Thursday to see if I could get the coupon to apply to the Wizard of Oz I picked up the day after Black Friday and the manager told me their policy to apply a missed coupon discount is to do it no later than 7 days.
It's definitely a YMMV because I was able to do it just this past week for my 2copies of Oz that I bought on Black Friday. The lady just looked over the coupon making sure that it applied and then handed me a $10, buying my story that I simply forgot to use them that day.

Unfortunately there seems to never be a blanket policy with these stores since others were able to get the price match last week for the $15 Pixar films that were on sale at TRU. However the store I went to said they would not pricematch the 1 day ad.
Old 12-14-09, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by Manzana
I didn't see these when I was last at Target and since Target's web site is of no help for in-store prices, what are the current prices of the following BRs that have manufacturer coupons?

Fight Club 10th anniversary edition
My Cousin Vinny*
The Day After Tomorrow
AVP*
Jumper*
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Mr. and Mrs. Smith*
Hitman*
Man on Fire*
Die Hard Collection*
Rocky the Undisputed Collection
The Mel Brooks Collection
Alien Quadrilogy
Paul Newman Tribute Collection

I'm assuming they are all $19.99 or higher. If I missed a post detailing these, I'm sorry.
Fight Club is $19.99 per this week's ad.

The thing to need to remember that Target has limited shelf space, so they simply do carry a lot these at this time. Sets especially get cycled-out quickly. Rocky was available at one time, but I don't know if still a part of the set.

(I marked ones with a * above that I don't think are part of the current BD set.)

If they do carry it in store this week, The Mel Brooks Collection is kinda pricey, limited appeal at its price point and takes up a lot of precious shelf space; I would expect it pretty close to $100 at best as an unadvertised sale price, $130 at worst -- and no more than a couple of copies.

I personally have not seen these stocked, or even shelf tagged at Target:
  • Alien Quadrilogy DVD set (Target has had an exclusive "cheaper" version that combines older DVD versions in one package)
  • Paul Newman Tribute Collection DVD set

Last edited by Adboy151; 12-14-09 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-14-09, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Adboy151

I personally have not seen these stocked, or even shelf tagged at Target:
  • Alien Quadrilogy DVD set (Target has had an exclusive "cheaper" version that combines older DVD versions in one package)
  • Paul Newman Tribute Collection DVD set
Since neither of these sets are Blu-rays, the $5 coupon wouldn't apply anyhow.
Old 12-14-09, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Does anyone know if Target will price match off a stores website?
They have signs up at customer service saying they won't.
Old 12-14-09, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

For $15 + tax I just walked out with Heat and Point Break. Tomorrow I go back for Inglourious Basterds.

I'm really going to miss this coupon after the 24th.
Old 12-14-09, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by eatntae
Last Wednesday I brought in the "Web Printed" ver of Walmarts ad, Target would not take that for Price Matching.

So, I happen to be going by Walmart on Sunday and stopped to pick up last weeks ad. After asking a few employees, I was able to find last weeks ad.

Going to one Target by Walmart, they would not take the ad because it was one day old now.

Not to be stopped, I went to my neighborhood Target that I went to the first time with the printed ad. Told them my sad story, and then they took my Walmart Ad + my $5 off coupon which enabled me to walk out with HP on BR for $10+Tax.

Now HP is under my Christmas Tree, Christmas presents are 50% off this year and I am still getting what I wanted.

Terminator 1 and 4 both on BR
Speeed on BR
HP on BR
Phantom of the Opera (BR) for the wife and I like it also
UP on BR

All for about $40.
Old 12-14-09, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

When did Target start price matching?

The last time I checked, which was about five years ago, they wouldn't price match.
Old 12-14-09, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Heat
When did Target start price matching?
July 12, 2009
Old 12-14-09, 02:40 PM

Thanks, Adboy151 and Sweet Baby James, for the Target BR info. So it appears there are only 3 BRs on my "might want" list that I might be able to get at Target with $8 of coupons discounts (5+3):

Fight Club 10th anniversary edition - would be $11.99 after coupons
The Day After Tomorrow - ?
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer - ?

I'll look for these on Tuesday, though I'm having trouble going above $9.99 on any of my BRs, so I may pass unless the latter 2 are $17.99 or less.

I completely missed that the Alien Quadrilogy and Paul Newman coupons said not on Blu-Ray. Duh.
Old 12-14-09, 07:18 PM

I also got a Lionsgate $3 off coupon which made Stargate BR $1.99.
Hey Manzana where did you get $3 off coupon for Stargate BR ?
Old 12-14-09, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks, Adboy151 and Sweet Baby James, for the Target BR info. So it appears there are only 3 BRs on my "might want" list that I might be able to get at Target with $8 of coupons discounts (5+3):

Fight Club 10th anniversary edition - would be $11.99 after coupons
The Day After Tomorrow - ?
Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer - ?

I'll look for these on Tuesday, though I'm having trouble going above $9.99 on any of my BRs, so I may pass unless the latter 2 are $17.99 or less.

I completely missed that the Alien Quadrilogy and Paul Newman coupons said not on Blu-Ray. Duh.
The Day After Tomorrow was $24.99 or $29.99 when I checked on Saturday.
Old 12-14-09, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

after weeks of it working, my local Target now won't accept a competitor's ad *and* these $5 coupons together anymore, with no real reason other than that they don't do it anymore. despite my best try, i could not get them to take both.

EDIT: i'm going to go back tomorrow and show them these:
http://sites.target.com/site/en/comp...=WCMP04-040400
http://www.target.com/b/?node=2223357011

Last edited by darmok; 12-14-09 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-14-09, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by darmok
after weeks of it working, my local Target now won't accept a competitor's ad *and* these $5 coupons together anymore, with no real reason other than that they don't do it anymore. despite my best try, i could not get them to take both.

Tell us how it goes.
Old 12-14-09, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darmok

WOW! You might just be shooting yourself in the foot with that.

Target Coupons:
Target coupons will be applied before the price match is made. If the competitor price is still lower than the price after the Target coupon has been deducted, the ad match can be adjusted to match the competitor's price.

So, if I'm reading that right, it sounds like you can either match OR use the coupon. Whichever is cheaper. Hopefully all Target stores do not read this part of their own policy before the 24th.

Last edited by Snowmaker; 12-14-09 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-14-09, 10:11 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a few of the $9.99 BDs in mind, some of which I already own the SD versions, and considering my nearest Targets are ~40 miles away, and the lack of stock on these when I last visited these stores, I think I'll pass. Had no problems on my previous trip with the $5 off coupon and picked up 3 BDs I wanted. I guess I'll wait for $5 or less at BL and WM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.