Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Old 11-05-09, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Guessing the original thread got to long or because of the stupid arguing that started up.

I'll also promise to actually update this post with new info. If there's anything I'm missing, let me know.

Please keep the fighting down. Nobody cares that you want to compare buying a kids movie to the housing crisis. It ruins a useful thread.

Amazon

$10 off when you purchase Up and Monsters Inc together. Discount is automatically applied when both items are added to your cart.

The prices have also been falling frequently since Amazon's trying to compete with other stores.

If you ordered Snow White from Amazon previously, you need to email customer service to get the $10 discount. When I sent emails, I did one to the promotions department and the other questions department, saying something like:

I was made aware that there was a $10 Snow White thank you promotion for Monsters Inc and Up when Snow White was purchased. May I have this discount applied to my order?
Don't try and crap up future deals by trying to rip them off by saying you ordered Snow White when you didn't.

There's also another deal where if you order Up and another Disney movie from this list http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/re...1%26plpage%3D1 you can use DISNEYBD to get a discount of $10.

Target

$8 off Up when you buy Monsters Inc.

http://i34.tinypic.com/zwnqy1.jpg

It's the very last coupon in a long list of coupons
http://sites.target.com/images/2009H...ons_print.html

Toys R Us
If you pre-order Up, you get $5 off another Disney blu-ray.

Best Buy
Steelbook pre-order

Manufacturer's coupons

$8 off Monsters Inc (printable/B&M use only). You need an account at Disney Movie Rewards (free signup). Once logged in to your account, click "My Account" at the top of the page and then type 786936164886 where it says "Enter Code." This is a manufacturer's coupon and you should be able to use it at any B&M store.

Note: Nobody cares if you don't want to install the coupon software to print it. It sucks but you'll have to find a way around it.

$10 Up coupon
http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/an...p/couponoffer/

http://www.disneypixarupcoupon.com/

PRICES

Amazon
Up - $19.99
Monsters Inc - $22.99

Best Buy
Up - $23.99 (ad) / $19.99 (website)
Monsters Inc - $18.99 if purchased with Up (reg. $28.99)

Target
Up - $26.99 (includes free exclusive journal)
Monsters Inc - $26.99

DEALS (ranked in terms of lowest price before sales tax)

Add in the $10 off Up manufacturer coupon for more savings.

#1 - Target
-Pricematch the Best Buy ad price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($23.99 + $18.99 = $42.98)
-Apply the Target coupon and the Monsters Inc coupon
-($42.98 - $10 - $8)
Total = $24.98

#2 - Best Buy
-Pricematch the bestbuy.com price for Up, pay the BB special price for Monsters Inc
-($19.99 + $18.99 = $38.95)
-Apply the Monsters Inc coupon
-($38.98 - $8)
-Total = $30.98

#3 - Amazon
-Pay the regular Amazon price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($19.99 + $22.99 = $42.98)
-The Amazon coupon will automatically be applied
-($42.98 - $10)
Total = $32.98

#4 - Target
-Pay the regular Target price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($26.99 + $26.99 = $53.98)
-($53.98 - $10 - $8)
Total = $35.98

NOTES

-Any deal that includes price-matching is obviously YMMV. Depending on what store you go to they might be prickly about a deal that involves both coupons AND pricematching. I know that the Target I shop at will allow me to do deal #1, but other people will have various success. IT'S UP TO YOU to decide whether it's worth venturing out to your local Target/Best Buy to see if you can successfully get deals 1-2, or whether you don't mind spending extra money for the convenience of Amazon.

-If you do deal #1, you will need a physical copy of the weekly ad from Best Buy that store's prices in order to pricematch. These ads can probably be found in your Sunday newspaper.

-I did not include any Amazon deals that involve the "Snow White Thanks" promo as that is exclusive to a select few people.

-I did not include any deals at Wal-Mart as their B&M prices for Up and Monsters Inc are still unknown.

-I did not include any deals from Toys R Us because, well, they don't have any good deals.

-YES, TARGET DOES PRICEMATCH

ADDITIONAL REBATES

-$4 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Ronzoni products.

-$5 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Kernel products.

-$10 OFF at Amazon when you purchase Up and a second qualifying Blu-Ray.

Last edited by The Man with the Golden Doujinshi; 11-10-09 at 10:06 AM.
Old 11-05-09, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: Up and Monsters, Inc. deals (Part 2)

Originally Posted by bwsmom
Still wondering about the validity of the notion that Monsters Inc is going to be delayed...
If you look at your order at amazon, it shows Monsters Inc being shipped out later. I don't think the release is delayed as much as tons of people are getting it from Amazon.
Old 11-05-09, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I e-mailed Amazon about adding the new 10 dollar coupon to my order, havn't heard back from them yet, but I'll continue to e-mail them until they give in since others have gotten it. I know I might sound cheap, but a penny saved helps me buy others in the future and Amazon will keep me as a customer. I love these price wars and hope it will cause people to switch over to BR so that we will see prices lower to this level for normal releases.
Old 11-05-09, 08:09 PM

If you ordered Snow White from Amazon previously, you need to email customer service to get the $10 discount. Don't try and crap up future deals by trying to rip them off by saying you ordered Snow White when you didn't.
Can you elaborate on this? I have previously ordered Snow White but got the $10 off to make it $9.99, am I still entitled to this additional $10 or is for people who paid $20 for Snow White?
Old 11-05-09, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Toys R Us
If you pre-order Up, you get $10 off another Disney blu-ray.
I thought the Toys R Us pre-order promotion for Up was only $5 off another Disney DVD/blu-ray. Did it really get increased to $10?
Old 11-05-09, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Reposting:

Currently, the best case scenario at Target is they let you pricematch Best Buy ($23.99 for Up and $18.99 for Monsters Inc.) and then apply both coupons ($10 Target coupon and $8 Disney coupon) - that would net you both films for a total of $24.98.

If Disney releases a $10 printable coupon for Up (and right now that's still a big 'if'), then you'd get both for $14.98 at Target.
Old 11-05-09, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by budster7
I thought the Toys R Us pre-order promotion for Up was only $5 off another Disney DVD/blu-ray. Did it really get increased to $10?
yeah I don't know where this $10 info comes from as the signage still says $5.00 any Disney dvd or blu 14.99 when preordering (5.00) "Up"
Old 11-05-09, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right now my order total is $14.97 with super saver shipping.

Sweeeeet
Old 11-05-09, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Enter code 786936164886 at Disney Movie Rewards for an $8 off coupon for Monsters Inc.

Note: Nobody cares if you don't want to install the coupon software to print it. Deal with it.
Do I redeem this with Amazon? Of course, mine wouldn't print, and then Disney refused to let me reprint the coupon, so I had to email their customer service. Assuming I can get that straightened out, do I email Amazon with my personal UPC # from the coupon, and they'll (maybe) subtract $8 from my total?
Old 11-05-09, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To all those who are going to try and price match Up and Monsters, Inc. at Target you might encounter a problem because of the Exclusive Journal that is packaged with Up. Because of that, it technically isn't the same item and they might not honour it because of that.
Old 11-05-09, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by budster7
TRU is running a promotion on Disney DVDs that runs through Nov 30. If you buy Disney DVDs (one or more) that add up to $40 or more, you get $10 off. I saw this in the last Sunday's sales flyer. No preorder condition was mentioned. This promo is good for all Disney DVDs carried by TRU.
Old 11-05-09, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

DEFINITIVE Up/Monsters Inc buying guide

This will be useful to you if you plan on purchasing Up and Monsters Inc together.

PRICES

Amazon
Up - $19.99
Monsters Inc - $22.99

Best Buy
Up - $23.99 (ad) / $19.99 (website)
Monsters Inc - $18.99 if purchased with Up (reg. $28.99)

Target
Up - $26.99 (includes free exclusive journal)
Monsters Inc - $26.99

COUPONS

General
$8 off Monsters Inc (printable/B&M use only). You need an account at Disney Movie Rewards (free signup). Once logged in to your account, click "My Account" at the top of the page and then type 786936164886 where it says "Enter Code." This is a manufacturer's coupon and you should be able to use it at any B&M store.

Amazon
$10 off when you purchase Up and Monsters Inc together. Discount is automatically applied when both items are added to your cart.

Target
$10 off when you purchase Up and Monsters Inc together (printable/B&M use only). Click this link and go to page 3 - it'll be the third coupon there.

DEALS (ranked in terms of lowest price before sales tax)

#1 - Target
-Pricematch the Best Buy ad price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($23.99 + $18.99 = $42.98)
-($42.98 - $10 - $8)
Total = $24.98

#2 - Best Buy
-Pricematch the bestbuy.com price for Up, pay the BB special price for Monsters Inc
-($19.99 + $18.99 = $38.95)
-Apply the Monsters Inc coupon
-($38.98 - $8)
-Total = $30.98

#3 - Amazon
-Pay the regular Amazon price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($19.99 + $22.99 = $42.98)
-The Amazon coupon will automatically be applied
-($42.98 - $10)
Total = $32.98

#4 - Target
-Pay the regular Target price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($26.99 + $26.99 = $53.98)
-($53.98 - $10 - $8)
Total = $35.98

NOTES

-Any deal that includes price-matching is obviously YMMV. Depending on what store you go to they might be prickly about a deal that involves both coupons AND pricematching. I know that the Target I shop at will allow me to do deal #1, but other people will have various success. IT'S UP TO YOU to decide whether it's worth venturing out to your local Target/Best Buy to see if you can successfully get deals 1-2, or whether you don't mind spending extra money for the convenience of Amazon.

-If you do deal #1, you will need a physical copy of the weekly ad from Best Buy that store's prices in order to pricematch. These ads can probably be found in your Sunday newspaper.

-I did not include any Amazon deals that involve the "Snow White Thanks" promo as that is exclusive to a select few people.

-I did not include any deals at Wal-Mart as their B&M prices for Up and Monsters Inc are still unknown.

-I did not include any deals from Toys R Us because, well, they don't have any good deals.

-YES, TARGET DOES PRICEMATCH

ADDITIONAL REBATES

-$4 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Ronzoni products.

-$5 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Kernel products.

-$10 OFF at Amazon when you purchase Up and a second qualifying Blu-Ray.

If you know of any more, please post them here so I can add them.

If you see any errors or have anything else to add, please feel free to let me know.

Last edited by doctorthodt; 11-06-09 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-05-09, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks doctorthodt, that helps a lot!

Do people think a printout of the Best Buy Weekly Ad would work for price-matching at Target?
Old 11-05-09, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Going the Best Buy route as I already pre-ordered Up there
Old 11-05-09, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
Thanks doctorthodt, that helps a lot!

Do people think a printout of the Best Buy Weekly Ad would work for price-matching at Target?
No, 99.9% they will not accept a printout. You'll need an original copy from your Sunday newspaper. They can also be found in your local Best Buy store.
Old 11-05-09, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That sucks. My Best Buy and Target are in the same building, but Best Buy opens an hour later than Target so it'd be a pain to wait for it to open just to grab an ad, lol. Thanks again doctorthodt for listing all the ones in order of best to worst.

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Going the Best Buy route as I already pre-ordered Up there
I might do the same since I already put down $7.50 and I have $20 in Reward Zone Certificates to use.
Old 11-05-09, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you look at your order at amazon, it shows Monsters Inc being shipped out later. I don't think the release is delayed as much as tons of people are getting it from Amazon.
Thank you! Guess I'm going the Target route...
Old 11-05-09, 10:13 PM

I think its worth reiterating that if you order Up and Monsters at Amazon, and get an additional Disney Bluray from Amazon's list (see the first post), the DISNEYBD discount will be applied. So basically you will get $20 discount for the 3 blurays you've purchased. Basically around $15 each (depends on the price of your 3rd BD) for 3 BDs, not including any additional discount you may get for previous purchase of Snow White (another $10). This may be helpful for those who may want a third Disney Blu Ray for a discounted price as well.

Last edited by DVDGamer; 11-05-09 at 10:21 PM.
Old 11-05-09, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I went the Amazon route for $32 since there is no tax and free ship. Save me the trouble and gas of going out on tuesday.
Old 11-05-09, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

You guys are lucky if you get Target to PM anyone. The Targets near me don't price match anyone anymore, period.

I think I'm just going to wait to see if there are any BOGO offers closer to Christmas to pick up UP with something else. I already have Monsters Inc on DVD and I don't like double dipping.
Old 11-05-09, 10:56 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by doctorthodt
Aww! The prices aren't even out yet though! So far with releases of Bolt/Lilo and Snow White, Toys R Us had the best prices in town.

It took me forever to figure out why everyone is price matching Best Buy at Target when they can easily just get it at Best Buy for that price. BB has it $10 off for buying both, then Target's coupon makes it another $10 off.
Old 11-05-09, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by doctorthodt
DEFINITIVE Up/Monsters Inc buying guide

If you look at Best Buy's ad, they too are giving $10 off if you buy both.

Last edited by darkhawk; 11-07-09 at 06:47 AM.
Old 11-05-09, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 573 Likes on 418 Posts

Originally Posted by darkhawk
you had to quote that whole thing to say that.
Old 11-05-09, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Regarding the comments about those who had Up discounted by $10 having the discount suddenly disappear... the same thing happened to me. The rep I talked to said it was the automated price adjustment system updating the price and for some reason it doesn't check (I'm going to assume by accident) that the current (adjusted) price is less than the new price.

I can't explain why free shipping stays on most orders whose subtotal is below $25, but it didn't on mine. There's obviously some magic involved.

What this means for me and others with manual price adjustments is if Up or MI drops further in price, the system will probably take away that discount again requiring another phone call or email. So given the potential hassle to keep correcting the order, at this point I'm probably the only one who here is hoping for no more price drops.

BTW, Amazon has to have been barraged by emails requesting price adjustments and $10 coupons lately. I'm sure they've had some meetings about it. It's one thing to not give discounts in the first place, but once they give them I hope Amazon will continue to be as cool about this as they have been so far and not take away existing discounts.
Old 11-05-09, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by darkhawk
Yes, and I clearly accounted for that in my post. However, it's not "$10 off if you buy both." It's "Monsters Inc for $18.99 if you buy Up."

So for instance, let's say Toys R Us has Monsters Inc for $19.99 (they won't, this is just hypothetical) - and you PM that at Best Buy. Best Buy won't still give you $10 off, because that's not the deal. They'll give you $1 off to bring the price of Monsters Inc down to $18.99, because that's the deal.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.