Print Wikipost

Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Old 10-05-09, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Moleman1138
In the new ad, it looks like Transformers 2 is going for $19.96
It is, AND Walmart will have the exclusive IMAX version of the film....now let's just hope they didn't use a complete Imax print for the BD transfer (like Warner did with The Dark Knight), and instead they only spliced in and used the Imax footage where necessary!
Old 10-05-09, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WMAangel
It is, AND Walmart will have the exclusive IMAX version of the film....now let's just hope they didn't use a complete Imax print for the BD transfer (like Warner did with The Dark Knight), and instead they only spliced in and used the Imax footage where necessary!
Huh?

All copies of the film on Blu-ray will be the "IMAX version."
Old 10-05-09, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Huh?

All copies of the film on Blu-ray will be the "IMAX version."
No, only the Walmart exclusive version will be the Imax version, as confirmed right here on Bay's official forum by their administrator:
http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...ead.php?t=5972

Also, a "Two-Disc Big Screen Version" with different cover art was featured in Walmart's latest ad....as seen here:

Old 10-06-09, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I just caught the thread over in HD Talk.

Wow.

Not like I'm going to buy the film anyway, but wow.

I really wish studios used seamless branching.
Old 10-08-09, 08:44 AM

transformers 2 releases the 20th of this month? nice! did not know that.
Old 10-08-09, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Stopped by the local Wal Mart yesterday and the selction of Blu-Rays was horrible. They had two sets of shelves dedicated to BR and most of the slots were empty.
Old 10-08-09, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Originally Posted by JimRochester
Stopped by the local Wal Mart yesterday and the selction of Blu-Rays was horrible.
Yeah, the store next to me slashed their selection at least in half...probably closer to 2/3rds...in just the past couple of months. It's down probably 75% compared to a year ago, although they kept a lot of their titles completely inaccessible back then. (Most were locked up, and only a handful were facing out. The rest were just randomly piled together, but because they were out of view, you had to get someone to unlock the case to really see what they had. ?????)

My local Wal-Mart has them spread in three sections: the discount section on an end cap, two small columns of random movies, and then another end cap with a small skirt of titles at the bottom.
Old 10-08-09, 11:57 AM
D-X

JUst an FYI, but Walmart is starting to move some of the BD catalog titles to the lower priced H rack if your still has that fixture.
Old 10-08-09, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,878 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Mine does, and I've seen Blu-ray titles there before, but I didn't spot any the last time I was there. They do seem to put 'em all over. When they're highlighting a brand new release, they'll sometimes have the DVD and the Blu-ray next to each other on and endcap. I don't remember seeing anything like that when I looked the other day, though.

(I was trying to burn off a gift card I was given last year and figured I'd use it to get Trick 'r Treat for just a few bucks...no dice, though.)
Old 10-15-09, 03:34 PM

Was in Wal-Mart today and found Natural Born Killers: The Directors Cut for $19.99. Best Buy had it in there ad for $22.99 and was going to maybe pick it up there, since I never thought Wal-Mart would get this.
Old 10-17-09, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Since I really dont go to wal mart to much anymore (just cause its out of the way ) how has walmart been in stocking big blockbuster titles like transformers, i have class tuesday morning till 10am so i wont be able to get there at open which at the one here is 8am I just want to make sure i get a copy of the Imax version.
Originally Posted by WMAangel
No, only the Walmart exclusive version will be the Imax version, as confirmed right here on Bay's official forum by their administrator:
http://www.shootfortheedit.com/forum...ead.php?t=5972

Also, a "Two-Disc Big Screen Version" with different cover art was featured in Walmart's latest ad....as seen here:

Old 10-17-09, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Usually the new releases they'll have a few copies, but for the most part they aren't big supporters of Blu-ray in this part of the state.
Old 10-18-09, 12:16 AM

The one down here is usually pretty good about 'big titles' - they had probably ~50 Snow White and Wolverine upon release. Most other titles they'll stock 5-8 of.

With this being an exclusive for them, I'd hope they stock quite a few but I'll be there at midnight.
Old 10-18-09, 08:44 AM

don't forget the $3 off pappa johns coupon for transformers 2.making it $16.96 pretax.gotta have the imax version!!
Old 10-20-09, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

anyone back east hit any of the 24 hour walmarts for transformers 2 yet? just curious how it seems to be stocking. the few walmarts there are in socal are not 24 hour ones so they dont open till8am so iam afraid they will be sold out by the time i get out of class at about 930am,10am.
and i havent really gotten much of an answer when i have called to check stock in fact two of them said it might not be instock for the bluray till wed for some reason.
toying with just going ahead and ordering it off walmart.com
Old 10-20-09, 12:23 AM

If going Blu ask at the Electronics counter. They seem to be keeping them behind the counter.
The DVD's are out front and in back.
Old 10-20-09, 12:41 AM

I've been hearing reports of Lots of DVDs (~200+) and very few blu (~10-20). Heading out in a few minutes to grab one..
Old 10-20-09, 12:43 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Just got home from Walmart - They had tons of Transformers 2 DVD's in cardboard displays and such. As for BLU, they werent unpacked yet (I had to tell the clerk which box they were in - I love when I know more than the people actually WORKING there!), and it appeared they had 2 cases, or about 60 copies. Now, they may have had more in back, but they had at least that many available. The reports of low quantities are probably just because they didnt put them all out right away at midnight.

p.s. Jumped to the forest fight scene, knowing that was surely one of the "Imax" scenes.... looks AWESOME when it goes to Imax ratio!!!
Old 10-20-09, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well even though its about 3 dollars more i decided to brake down and just order it online with free site to store shipping,just to cover my butt incase they dont have any in the morning, by the time i get there after class. If they do have them in stock in the morning though i can always just cancel my online order before it ships or if they ship it right away in the morning i can just have them refund it at the store when it gets there instead of picking it up.
I might have to wait 7to10 days to get it but atleast now i know i wont be disapointed, the fact that iam seeing so many people on here and bluray.com saying they are going and picking up 2, 5, or 7 copies had me really worried about finding this in the morning.

Now my only concern is that the site to store order arrives that some dumbAZZ employee sees my copy when it arrives and decides to buy it for himself or gives it to someone else looking for the limited edition, and i get stuck with the regular version. but honestly dont expect that to happen lol
Old 10-20-09, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Picked mine up shortly after midnight.

Will watch it approximately 1 year from now and will let you know what I think.
Old 10-20-09, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
Now my only concern is that the site to store order arrives that some dumbAZZ employee sees my copy when it arrives and decides to buy it for himself or gives it to someone else looking for the limited edition, and i get stuck with the regular version. but honestly dont expect that to happen lol
Does this happen? In my stores, the site-to-store items are never unpacked and are only identifiable by the order number on the box, which means that employees don't know what you ordered until you pick up.
Old 10-20-09, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Stopped by my local Wal-Mart at 7:15 this morning. They easily had 200+ copies of the DVD in various displays around the store. Of course, as usual with my luck, at the main "new releases" section, some lady is standing there with her cart blocking the whole display - studying the 2 DVD versions like it's the most important decision in the history of man. But I could see that the two rows labeled "BD" were empty. Those two rows were also labeled "$13.00" which confused me since the DVD's were labeled "$19.96". So I find an employee and ask if they have any Blu-Ray copies left. He says they are probably sold out, but as he says this he spots one copy sitting at the Electronics register, so he hands me what is likely the last copy in the store. I go to check out up front, and YES, it does ring up at $13.00. Minus the Papa John's coupon, my total was $10.60 with tax.
Old 10-20-09, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

$13.00 for the Blu-ray?! That's got to be major YMMV.
Old 10-20-09, 09:02 AM

Ok is there a PQ and or AQ difference between the non-IMAX and IMAX version? If so what is it?
Old 10-20-09, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
$13.00 for the Blu-ray?! That's got to be major YMMV.
Someone on BD.com reported having success with that as well.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.