The Ghost Writer is $10 in-store.
I saw it as well today.
Old 03-19-11, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by cwwallace
$13 titles including Out of Sight
I wonder if this one was just misplaced. I stopped by and it was tagged and rang up for $20.
Old 03-19-11, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

^tagged $20 at my wally too.
Old 03-21-11, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hadn't been to my Walmart for a few weeks and gave the electronics section my once-over. It looked like the same old same old stuff, so I bought nothing. I was actually looking for some of the following BDs that are 2 for $12 at Fry's this week: 7 Seconds, Are We Done Yet?, Blood & Chocolate, The Craft, The Devil's Own, The Grudge (2004), Hitch, It Could Happen to You, The Legend of Zorro, National Security, Roxanne, Running With Scissors, RV, SWAT, So I Married an Axe Murderer, Vertical Limit, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, XXX, XXX: State of the Union

Guess how many of the above BDs I found at my Walmart: 0!
At Target I found 1 (Vertical Limit). They said (as expected) I couldn't PM a 2 for $12 deal if I only had 1.

It's sad how most stores carry so little in stock, especially any title older than 6 months. Fortunately any of the above that I really want I already have on DVD, but a few would've been worth upgrading at $6 each. My only other choices would be drive to Fry's (at least $5 in gas and 30 minutes of time) probably to find what I want OOS, or go to my all-time favorite store BB and hope they PM a 2-for sale. At least I can't imagine even BB's BD inventory could be worse than Target or Walmart's (at least not yet but last I heard BB was thinning their BD inventory too).
Old 03-21-11, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Manzana
I hadn't been to my Walmart for a few weeks and gave the electronics section my once-over. It looked like the same old same old stuff, so I bought nothing.
It's obviously a YMMV situation, dealing with different stores, but I know that my local Walmart is set to roll out an entirely revamped DVD and Blu-ray floor display on Tuesday, and they're removing at least half of the titles that have been available for the last several months. Your store may be due for a Spring re-set as well.
Old 03-24-11, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know that D stands for delete on the shelf tags and those items will soon be off the shelves, but does anyone here know what TI stands for?
Old 03-24-11, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88
I know that D stands for delete on the shelf tags and those items will soon be off the shelves, but does anyone here know what TI stands for?
I have no idea; I didn't encounter that abbreviation on any of the shelves at my local store. Speaking of which, I was in earlier tonight and scoped out the reset (which they were still in the middle of stocking). I wasn't nearly as excited as I had hoped, though I did see several titles that caught my eye such as War of the Worlds on Blu and there were even a few $5 DVD titles I might pick up over the next few months. Plus, they had the first season of Batman Beyond for $15 which isn't an immediate must-have, but it's been on my To Get list for a while now.

One oddity was that they had the Saw I-III triple pack on the shelf, which I've heard about being in-store at other Walmarts for months now. This is the first I've ever seen it here, but it has the October 2010 promo sticker on it! I didn't see a shelf price on it and anyway we have the first two already so I wasn't interested enough to scan it or ask anyone about it. I just found it amusing that they would just now get around to putting that on the shelves here as part of the reset.
Old 03-26-11, 04:03 PM

I got the two Alien vs. Predator movies on BR for $10 each.

I went to Best Buy this morning and the exact same ones were $30 and $20 each. Saved $30 by getting them at Walmart.
Old 03-27-11, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by DouglasRobert
I got the two Alien vs. Predator movies on BR for $10 each.

I went to Best Buy this morning and the exact same ones were $30 and $20 each. Saved $30 by getting them at Walmart.
Coulda saved a few more bucks on Amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/AVP-Predator-R...1246011&sr=1-2

$17.99, and no sales tax depending on where you live.
Old 03-28-11, 02:45 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

For those of you who ordered this, as did I, it is a DVD set. So just a typo, it's not BD. Received mine in the mail today.
Old 03-28-11, 03:44 PM

Received 803 Likes on 523 Posts

I saw Secret of NIHM and All Dogs Go To Heaven at my Walmart (1604 & 281) for $10 each and each came with $10.00 of Hollywood Movie Money towards Rio (April 15th).

I picked up SoNIHM.

Amazon says that they come out on 3/29/11. Whoops.

Maybe this should be it's own thread.
Old 03-28-11, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by trespoochies
For those of you who ordered this, as did I, it is a DVD set. So just a typo, it's not BD. Received mine in the mail today.
called that one
Old 03-28-11, 07:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Can you return to the store or will I have to go threw there site?
Old 03-29-11, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

New selection of $6 blu-rays:

Stargate
Young Guns
Universal Soldier
Chaos
Near Dark
Kickboxer
Rambo: First Blood Part II
Rambo III
My Bloody Valentine 3D
The Arrival
Cujo
The Haunting in Connecticut
The Relic
The Way of the Gun
Cutthroat Island
The Invincible Iron Man
Hard Rain
See No Evil
Drop Zone
Old 03-29-11, 03:01 AM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I saw Secret of NIHM and All Dogs Go To Heaven at my Walmart (1604 & 281) for $10 each and each came with $10.00 of Hollywood Movie Money towards Rio (April 15th).

I picked up SoNIHM.

Amazon says that they come out on 3/29/11. Whoops.

Maybe this should be it's own thread.
Yeah, I saw this over at Blu-Ray.com but went to 6 WMs and couldn't find them at any. Oh, well, I hope I can find them tomorrow since I really want them!
Old 03-29-11, 06:34 AM

Received 803 Likes on 523 Posts

Originally Posted by The Monkees
Yeah, I saw this over at Blu-Ray.com but went to 6 WMs and couldn't find them at any. Oh, well, I hope I can find them tomorrow since I really want them!
If you can't find them still, drop me q note and I'll see if I can help you out.
Old 03-29-11, 07:38 AM
Cool New Member

"See No Evil" & "Stargate" for me. I can't believe "SAW 5" popped up here,I recently purchased it at Target for $7.99,I should of waited. Thanks for the post.
Old 03-29-11, 09:05 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Thanks for the heads up on the $6 blu's. I know a week or so ago they popped up on the website and was hoping that they might show up in store since they were due a change in inventory.

My wallet however, does NOT thank you.

Will probably pick up 'Young Guns', 'Near Dark' and 'The Relic' - hopefully my store has these out in stock. They aren't exactly reliable and their blu ray section is spread all over the electronics dept.
Old 03-29-11, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by m3life
"See No Evil" & "Stargate" for me. I can't believe "SAW 5" popped up here,I recently purchased it at Target for $7.99,I should of waited. Thanks for the post.
I can believe Saw 5 because that's the only 1 of the series I have on BD because it was $2 at HW Video. Too bad none of the other Saws are in the $6 display which is basically just a repeat of the $6 titles they were selling on their website (which were usually out of stock) a while ago.

And every time anyone mentions the old Stargate BD, one must warn that it has a reputation as a pretty bad transfer for a BD. I haven't seen it on BD myself as I paid a little more to get the newer release.
Old 03-29-11, 12:09 PM

Any other letter(s) mean that they are moving to a specific rack in the department. Each rack/shelf area is assigned a 1-2 letter code to let us know where it's located so we can easily find it for the customers when we look it up in our book.

You can see these codes on the white stickers on the top right of most all the dvd/blu's.

The only thing you need to worry about when you see these letters pop up on the shelf tags is the "D" (that means that it's going to be deleted). You'll have roughly 2 weeks or so to get it before it disappears and they do the new reset.
Old 03-31-11, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

And every time anyone mentions the old Stargate BD, one must warn that it has a reputation as a pretty bad transfer for a BD. I haven't seen it on BD myself as I paid a little more to get the newer release.
I just seen the display this morning at Wal-mart. The Stargate in the display is the old version, but the picture(s) on the box show the 15th Anniversary edition.
Old 03-31-11, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Edison
I just seen the display this morning at Wal-mart. The Stargate in the display is the old version, but the picture(s) on the box show the 15th Anniversary edition.
I've stopped by two walmarts and encountered the same. Anniversary Edition on shipper, but old Extended edition actually in the shipper. I guess they just posted the wrong picture.
Old 03-31-11, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

I hadn't been to my Walmart for a few weeks and gave the electronics section my once-over. It looked like the same old same old stuff, so I bought nothing.
[...]
It's sad how most stores carry so little in stock, especially any title older than 6 months.
My local Wal-Mart is in the same boat. They barely even stock new releases these days; they don't even have a new release section any more, they just shelf new releases randomly among the existing inventory. Yesterday I saw exactly two copies of "Black Swan" (blu) in different areas.

And I don't think they've changed their catalog inventory in six or seven months; I still see the same shit they had out last fall.
Old 04-01-11, 03:24 PM

New selection of $6 blu-rays:

Stargate
Young Guns
Universal Soldier
Chaos
Near Dark
Kickboxer
Rambo: First Blood Part II
Rambo III
My Bloody Valentine 3D
The Arrival
Cujo
The Haunting in Connecticut
The Relic
The Way of the Gun
Cutthroat Island
The Invincible Iron Man
Hard Rain
See No Evil
Drop Zone
Got Cujo, was upset because all of the copies they had were sounding like they had floaters, just opened mine, it came with a $25 giftcard for Sideshow Collectables.com!!! I hope it works now.
Old 04-01-11, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Willo007
Got Cujo, was upset because all of the copies they had were sounding like they had floaters, just opened mine, it came with a $25 giftcard for Sideshow Collectables.com!!! I hope it works now.
The good thing about a blu-ray floater is it has a much better chance of not being scratched than a dvd floater. I don't know if there's anything I would want at Sideshow Collectibles, but let us know if the code is still good.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.