DVD Reviews | Theatrical Reviews | Price Search Buy Stuff Here
DVD Talk
DVD Reviews DVD Talk Headlines HD Reviews

Add to My Yahoo! - RSS 2.0 - RSS 2.0 - DVD Talk Podcast RSS -

Go Back   DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > Blu-ray Bargains

Blu-ray Bargains Post and Discuss Blu-ray Related Bargains

Hide Wikipost
Old 05-10-16, 09:19 AM   -   Wikipost
DVD Talk Forum Thread Wiki: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Adam Tyner
Placeholder for any Walmart/walmart.com deals you want to highlight.

Print Wikipost

Old 07-26-17, 07:49 PM   #2476
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Walmart / walmart.com discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Probably not new, but...
THE PRIVATE EYES - $14.97 (after $7.06 discount)
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD - $13.51
SEPTEMBER STORM 3D - $15.11
4 TIMELESS WESTERNS (Shout) - $8.24
SERPENT AND THE RAINBOW - $14.68
Amazon's matching, and in some cases beating (except on Serpent), and not Prime-only for a change.

Last edited by Brian T; 07-26-17 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-29-17, 04:42 AM   #2477

I just had the most unusual experience with a site-to-store Walmart order. Placed an order at 3:27 am on 7/27 and received a pickup notice at 12:21 pm on 7/28. YMMV, but unless this was some kind of perfect storm, they shipped next day!

Of course I did still have to wait 10-15 minutes at the pickup counter for assistance.
Old 07-29-17, 08:42 AM   #2478
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetao View Post
I just had the most unusual experience with a site-to-store Walmart order. Placed an order at 3:27 am on 7/27 and received a pickup notice at 12:21 pm on 7/28. YMMV, but unless this was some kind of perfect storm, they shipped next day!

Of course I did still have to wait 10-15 minutes at the pickup counter for assistance.
Was it in a shipping envelope or box? If not, they pulled it off the shelf at the store. They do that if it's something that's stocked locally.

My last pickup, a week or so back, was another jacked up mess. They'd moved the pickup to the front of the store with a niceish waiting area - a few comfy chairs with storage lockers and a large terminal screen for checking in, etc. The signs pointing to it are small (I missed them on the prior pickup and went to the back, which caused a delay because thy associate was up front helping people). So I go to the new location, there are a couple of older ladies waiting so I think everything's OK, press the "I'm here" button, sit down and wait. The screen stayed blank/black, one of the women gets up and leaves, the other is waiting patiently with a basket of stuff. After 5 minutes I notice a cable going to that terminal is just hanging so I go to the back pickup area. There's actually an associate at the register! I tell him I'm there for a pickup, he looks at my slip, says "It's up front" and we proceed to go back to where I'd started. I chat with him along the way and find that the terminal up front was out-of-order and had been for almost a week. The outlet it's plugged into shorted out the day after they installed it! There are *no* signs in the area indicating this situation. Sigh... another bad experience and another complaint to the manager. It's crap like this that keeps me using Amazon.
Old 07-29-17, 05:38 PM   #2479

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobO'Link View Post
Was it in a shipping envelope or box? If not, they pulled it off the shelf at the store. They do that if it's something that's stocked locally.
One item was a BD, Shout's Screaming Skull for $12.01 and the other a Dummies book for a gift. Both in yellow shipping bags and definitely not store stock. The only thing that could sweeten the deal now is grocery coupons!

And with two new grocery stores now under construction, that wouldn't be a bad idea...
Old 08-01-17, 12:18 PM   #2480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
Probably not new, but...
4 TIMELESS WESTERNS (Shout) - $8.24
4 Timeless Westerns (Rio Conchos, Take a Hard Ride, Butch & Sundance: The Early Years, The Last Hard Men) on Blu-ray is available for $3.95 from Hamilton Book.

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/movies-...eless-westerns
Old 08-01-17, 12:20 PM   #2481
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidoh View Post
4 Timeless Westerns (Rio Conchos, Take a Hard Ride, Butch & Sundance: The Early Years, The Last Hard Men) on Blu-ray is available for $3.95 from Hamilton Book.

https://www.hamiltonbook.com/movies-...eless-westerns
+3.50 S/H. The good thing is that its a flat rate irrespective of the order size (when mailed out as a catalog order from the site)

Last edited by laidbacklarkin; 08-01-17 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-01-17, 05:09 PM   #2482
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by laidbacklarkin View Post
+3.50 S/H. The good thing is that its a flat rate irrespective of the order size (when mailed out as a catalog order from the site)
That's also the flat rate shipping charge for any order size when placed online - but there's an extra $.40/item charge for using a CC. Mail orders must be paid with a money order or check.