Last edit by: Adam Tyner
Print Wikipost

Costco discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-09, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Costco discounts and deals on Blu-ray

Originally Posted by doctaheath78
OUCH..........my bad. I am a member of BJ's and I guess I am glad I am now that I know that.
Man, BJ's sounds a lot better than Costco anyway. lol
Old 12-18-09, 04:24 PM

Is there an ad or Costco magazine that shows Die Hard for $29.99?
Old 12-18-09, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 450 Likes on 308 Posts

Nope, just something similar to the HBO graphic on the previous page, where it says $10 off Fox movie collections.

Most places won't price match discount clubs like Costco anyway.

Just got back from Iwilei Costco, for you Hawaii people, and there were lots of BoB for $30.
Old 12-18-09, 06:08 PM

saw an assortment of sony titles (dont remember them as id seen most of them this low or lower) for $14.99

...well except for Close Encounters of the Third Kind 3disc box for $14.99

THAT ONE I hadn't seen that low before!
Old 12-18-09, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hotwls13
Yep, saw that as well. Mine had a TON of these (they were actually the cardboard holder thingys that you take up to the front).

Probably worth the $30, but I only really LOVED the first one. The newest one was such a crappy movie (though I imagine it looks and sounds really good in Blu-Ray).
I'd probably jump on this if LFoDH was the UNRATED version.

Is the Spidey collection also $29.99?
Old 12-19-09, 03:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw at Costco today the 2 Harry Potter Ultimate Edition BR's for $26 each.
Old 12-19-09, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Tolhurst
saw an assortment of sony titles (dont remember them as id seen most of them this low or lower) for $14.99

...well except for Close Encounters of the Third Kind 3disc box for $14.99

I didn't see that one. Might have to make another trip.
Old 12-19-09, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Tolhurst
saw an assortment of sony titles (dont remember them as id seen most of them this low or lower) for $14.99... well except for Close Encounters of the Third Kind 3disc box for $14.99

Originally Posted by lisadoris
I didn't see that one. Might have to make another trip.
Please tell me about the 3 disc Close Encounters Blu-Ray box! The only Blu-Ray edition I see listed on Dvdpricesearch or reviewed on DVD-Basen is the 2 disc edition I bought long ago.
Old 12-19-09, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Manzana
Please tell me about the 3 disc Close Encounters Blu-Ray box! The only Blu-Ray edition I see listed on Dvdpricesearch or reviewed on DVD-Basen is the 2 disc edition I bought long ago.
whoops! its a 2 disc, pardon my error- the standard dvd (which I didnt see) is 3 discs and I mixed it up

Last edited by Tolhurst; 12-19-09 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-19-09, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
Is the Spidey collection also $29.99?
Sorry, nope...it is $49.99 - $10 instant rebate = $39.99 unfortunately....

Same with the Resident Evil trilogy....I probably would have grabbed that one at $29.99 after discount (since I waited too long when Amazon was offering it at that price point a few weeks ago), but $39.99 is too much in my book for it....

I did grab my $9.99 after discount copy of Big Trouble In Little China yesterday though!
Old 12-19-09, 05:59 PM

Thanks for the heads up on these, I hardly ever look that close at the magazine. Went there today and picked up Band of Brothers, Die Hard, and the Spider-man collections.

For $100 total it's hard to beat 7 different movies PLUS a top notch 10 hour series! I guess that would be more like 12 movies on blu for $100.
Old 12-20-09, 06:25 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Manzana
It's confirmed that 30th Anniversary Ultimate Edition Close Encounters of the Third Kind 3disc Blu-Ray box price is $14.99 before tax. I bought it today @ @ Costco Fairfax,VA.

Inside the box : Disc 1: Original Theatrical Version, Disc 2 : Special Edition, Disc 3: Director's Cut, and a Collector Book. A good deal for me since Amazon still sells it at $ 31.99.

HTH.

Last edited by beachdeer; 12-20-09 at 07:56 PM.
Old 12-20-09, 09:25 PM

BINGO!! Just picked up my Blu-Ray Band of Brothers for $29.99 at costco!!!
Are you sure about that? I went to Costco to get BOB for $30 so I picked up a copy and asked the cashier to scan it if it was really $30 but it showed $45. What the hell?! I ended up buying at BB but now, I don't know what to do. Do the $15 rebate come off automatically it's scanned in the register? I'm confused!!!!
Old 12-20-09, 10:00 PM

Anybody get BOB at Costco for $30 yet today??????????????????????
NOPE!! I struck out twice. Band of Brothers was sold out at both of the Costcos I went to, Yonkers, NY on Friday and Waterbury, CT today. DAMN!!

I guess I'll pay $37 for it at Best Buy this week.

Anyone else having as much trouble as I am??

Last edited by BlockbusterDude; 12-20-09 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-20-09, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by moviewizguy
Are you sure about that? I went to Costco to get BOB for $30 so I picked up a copy and asked the cashier to scan it if it was really $30 but it showed $45. What the hell?! I ended up buying at BB but now, I don't know what to do. Do the $15 rebate come off automatically it's scanned in the register? I'm confused!!!!
The $15 instant rebate will only be reflected at the checkout register. It's definitely $30 through December 24.
Old 12-20-09, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BlockbusterDude
NOPE!! I struck out twice. Band of Brothers was sold out at both of the Costcos I went to, Yonkers, NY on Friday and Waterbury, CT today. DAMN!!

I guess I'll pay $37 for it at Best Buy this week.

Anyone else having as much trouble as I am??
If you can make your way to the Milford, CT store, there were 4 copies left as of closing today.
Old 12-22-09, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by beachdeer
It's confirmed that 30th Anniversary Ultimate Edition Close Encounters of the Third Kind 3disc Blu-Ray box price is $14.99 before tax. I bought it today @ @ Costco Fairfax,VA.

Inside the box : Disc 1: Original Theatrical Version, Disc 2 : Special Edition, Disc 3: Director's Cut, and a Collector Book. A good deal for me since Amazon still sells it at $ 31.99.
You sure you didn't grab the DVD version there by mistake? The BD version is only two discs, not three (which the DVD version is).....if you have three discs, then you're going to have to make a return unfortunately....

I'm not disputing the price, as I have seen the BD version at Costco for $14.99 as well myself....
Old 12-22-09, 02:52 PM

Dang, sucks that you guys aren't finding them at your local Costco's. Mine had like 6 of them OUT on Friday, though i would bet they are all gone now. Try asking someone though as sometimes they have BOXES of stuff below the display counter. Maybe they just haven't put more out.

BTW, this is (in my opinion) THE best mini-series EVER!! Even if your not into war stuff (which I am) it's worth it for the historical aspect as well as the epicness of it. lol I have watched my regular DVD version at least 8 times so this Blu-ray will be replacing it.

Can't wait for The Pacific.

Last edited by hotwls13; 12-22-09 at 02:55 PM.
Old 12-22-09, 10:35 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by WMAangel
You sure you didn't grab the DVD version there by mistake? The BD version is only two discs, not three (which the DVD version is).....if you have three discs, then you're going to have to make a return unfortunately....

I'm not disputing the price, as I have seen the BD version at Costco for $14.99 as well myself....
Oopps, my bad, yeah, it's only 2 discs. I just saw spec on the back of the box without opening, assuming it's 3 disc. After you mentioned it, finally I opened my box and you're 100% correct.

Thanks.
Old 12-23-09, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by moviewizguy
Scanning without purchasing does not show the instant rebate at Costco. You have to actual purchase the item. The good news is that these instant rebates are system wide. So if people on these boards say they got the instant rebate you will get it at your Costco even if your Costco does not have signs up that show the rebate. The bad news is sometimes people post info on rebates the last day they are available. You go to your store the next day and don't get the rebate because it expired. Nobody at your store knows anything about a rebate and you think perhaps people are mistaken or lying or for some reason your store is not giving the rebate. In that case you can ask the cashier to remove the item from your purchases or you can go to the returns counter. A pain in the neck but what are you going to do. Also if Costco leaves the signs up after the rebate has expired they will not give you the rebate. They will just tell you they are sorry but the deal is over.

On another note Band of Brothers in blu was pain in the neck to find. I went to Yonkers, Port Chester, and finally New Rochelle NY on Saturday. I finally found one copy, which I bought, in New Rochelle sort of hidden among The Supranos Season 1 blu-rays. If they had stock it seems to have gone the first day of the rebate, which was Friday the 18th.

Last edited by Classic Films; 12-23-09 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-23-09, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well I just blind-bought Band of Brothers so I can finally see it. You guys better be right about it. I'm sure I'll sell it when I'm done, whether I like it or not. I got the only non-dented one they had.

I also picked up Close Encounters for my dad.

Not bad for a total < $50.
Old 12-23-09, 12:25 PM

Eh, no one here forced you to buy it, so don't hold us accountable if you like the series or not.
Old 12-23-09, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Blu-ray-collect
Eh, no one here forced you to buy it, so don't hold us accountable if you like the series or not.
Yes they did. They wouldn't stop talking about it, taunting me to buy it.
Old 12-24-09, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Brooklyn, NY Costco had the following:

15+ copies of Band of Brothers, at least a few pristine ones too
~10 copies of John Adams
~7 copies of Sopranos S1
15+ copies of Close Encounters of the Third Kind
8-10 copies of various blu-rays that had instant coupon ($3 off selected Fox, $6 off selected Holiday, $6 off selected $18.99) see here for more details.

They had a good amount of selections. Angel Heart was $7.99 as well if you prefer to buy it locally instead of on Amazon.com.
Old 12-25-09, 01:04 AM

Location: Stuck in traffic on the 5 fwy somewhere in Los Angeles
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I tried to pick up BoB today at the La Habra Costco, of course they were picked clean. I asked for a search of all the So Cal locations, the only store within 50 miles that had any was the Inglewood store, they had 20+ copies. I wasn't about to deal with crazy Christmas Eve LA traffic to go into the 'hood' to save $15. I'll wait until next year when this is selling for under $25 on Amazon (pure speculation on my part).

The thing about this Inglewood Costco location, this is the store that I could always rely on when the Disney Treasures were super hard to find a few years back. They always had deep stacks of everything, I'm talking a good couple months after their release date, and not to stereotype a demographic but (okay maybe just a little) I get a funny feeling that DVDs aren't the highest priority for this surrounding community. This is also the only Costco that I have ever been to that is surrounded by a ten foot high locking rod iron fence. Pretty sketchy part of town.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.