Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

the two MOVIES forums seem to be confusing people

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

the two MOVIES forums seem to be confusing people

Old 04-08-01, 06:53 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Not me but others seem to be posting in the wrong forums

i reckon combine them now, the traffic isn't excessively high
Old 04-08-01, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I was wondering about this, too. Is there still that much traffic regarding "currently released" films?

I'm nit sure, but seems as if the At The Movies Forum has really dropped off since MMM. ?
Old 04-08-01, 09:56 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't combine them because I like having several narrowly defined forums. It makes finding info easy. I can go to At The Movies and find threads about movies currently in theaters. If you combined them I'd have to dig through countless threads about old movies and a ton of polls to find these threads. I think At The Movies could be renamed to something a little clearer. Maybe "In Theaters Now" or "Now Playing" or "Now Screening." Some people would still post in the wrong place regardless of what we named it, however making it a little more clear might help. I know "At The Movies" seems pretty obvious, however some people (*cough*Jackskeleton*cough* ) asked what the difference between "Movies, Movies, Movies" and "At The Movies" were back when the new forum first opened. It's reasonable to assume that other people, especially newbies, have the same question and don't bother asking.