Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Anyone else tired of the "Buy it from Columbia House" posts in the Bargains Forum?

Community
Search
Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Anyone else tired of the "Buy it from Columbia House" posts in the Bargains Forum?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-01, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems like any deal posted there above 10 dollars for a disc always gets at least one post saying "just buy it from Columbia House". The logic is fine on some releases, but the truth is alot of older and non mainstream titles never make it to Columbia House.

These posts add nothing to the thread whatsoever. For one, alot of people do not like to deal with club services nor do they like waiting all that time for their discs to become enrollment selections if and when they ever do.

At this point I think most people are fimiliar with Columbia House and if not there is a Columbia House thread always near the top of the Bargains Forum where you can be educated on the fine points of using the service. Threads are started most of the time to discuss a bargain at a specific store/online reatiler and not where they could maybe get a title down the road.

J
Old 04-02-01, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, usually such posts are by the same people that post "IBTL" just to be stupid.

Its another one of those "if you don't have anything nice to say then don't".

I remember reading a thread a while back asking what your best deal was on a DVD Purchase. Several people wrote in saying Columbia House. Okay, I think the thread meant "bargain" or "deal" not scam on subscription service.

That is like so 10 minutes ago.