DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Making your own autorun for cds

Feneant
04-02-01, 02:06 PM
For a class we need to put all our work on a cd and hand it to the teacher. I think we need to have it autorun, but the main file is an html file (index.html) and if I try to autorun to that, it's saying that there is no file to open using the program index.htm. Is there a way to do this so it'll automatically open an HTML file on the cdrom autorun?

My file is just :
[autorun]
open=index.htm

Jason Northrup
04-02-01, 02:27 PM
The thing that you autorun must be an executable file. I have seen (and even tried) apps that will compile your html documents into something executable so that you can do this. Search download.com for these apps, I'm sure you'll find something.

TLamm
04-02-01, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Feneant
For a class we need to put all our work on a cd and hand it to the teacher. I think we need to have it autorun, but the main file is an html file (index.html) and if I try to autorun to that, it's saying that there is no file to open using the program index.htm. Is there a way to do this so it'll automatically open an HTML file on the cdrom autorun?

My file is just :
[autorun]
open=index.htm

Did he/she tell you it had to autorun? I'd assume if they required that they would tell you how to do it..

[Edited by TLamm on 04-02-01 at 07:00 PM]