Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

We Need a New Forum Area: DVD Clubs

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

We Need a New Forum Area: DVD Clubs

Old 04-02-01, 10:40 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about a new forum area for Dvd Clubs

The current CH threads fill up quickly with many different types of questions that are asked over and over again because the thread is so long people don't want to read 7 pages to find out if their question was already asked or answered

If we had a seperate forum area it would be simple to start different threads for each question and have a seperate thread for the FAQs

How about it Geoff?
I know u don't make referal fees on CH, but your members would really appreciate it!
Old 04-03-01, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This would make lots of sense.

First, it would allow for separate threads for different sub-issues allowing for less duplications, for instance with CH in Mind, THE ONE AND ONLY MY ENROLLMENT SELECTIONS thread. A tax thread. A Shipping time thread. A Codes thread. Etc. etc.

Second, give more exposure to lesser know clubs, such as CH's TV Greats and Disney's HV Club.

Lastly, if and when a BMG club appears, it would have a happy home there.

The volume, I beleive, on this forum would exceed some of the less trafficked ones at DVDTalk.com.

-Beebs
Old 04-03-01, 03:41 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You already have one thread here on this, starting another isn't going to help convince Geoff. I still say just expand the will click for dvd's forum to cover clubs as it gets very little traffic anymore.
Old 04-03-01, 06:16 PM
Registered

Interesting idea. Let me think about it for a bit.
Old 04-03-01, 09:57 PM
Banned

Originally posted by joshhinkle
You already have one thread here on this, starting another isn't going to help convince Geoff. I still say just expand the will click for dvd's forum to cover clubs as it gets very little traffic anymore.
You could expand this, but you would have to rename it so people know what is in there
Old 04-04-01, 11:00 AM
Retired

Originally posted by wlcohen

You could expand this, but you would have to rename it so people know what is in there

I know, I already stated this in your duplicate thread on this subject. Rename it to "DVD Clubs and Click for DVD's" or something like that.

[Edited by joshhinkle on 04-04-01 at 10:04 AM]
Old 04-04-01, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Add me to the list of people that would appreciate such a forum

The faq thread is too long and takes forever to find the info that you want
multiple threads would be nice
Old 04-04-01, 02:34 PM

Originally posted by gkleinman
Interesting idea. Let me think about it for a bit.
Cool. Definitely would make it easier to track down specific questions/problems that other DVD clubbers are having.

My $.02

Old 04-04-01, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd like to see this too. I don't even bother sifting through the enormously large columbia house threads anymore.
Old 04-04-01, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If DVDtalk can spare the bandwidth, a new forum for DVD clubs really would be great.

When you think about it, this would not only help those of us who check the CH thread first thing every morning--by having seperate sub-topics we can avoid the posts that don't interest us and get really in-depth with those that do--but it would also be a service to those who have vowed never to use CH--as they will never again have to look at the One & Only CH thread staring them in the face every day as if it were some sort of rebuke...
Old 04-04-01, 04:41 PM

Amen, Brother.
Old 04-04-01, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

a club thread or even a separate ch thread would rock, then the repeat questions would end, hopefully.

I'm in.
Old 04-04-01, 06:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It would be a lot more user friendly.
Old 04-04-01, 10:01 PM

I agree a DVD club forum would be useful. It seems to be contradicory for the mods to guide everyone to post all CH related posts into a single thread and then complain that the number of posts in that thread build up too quickly.

With a "club" forum there could be separate threads for "I ordered this and that from CH" and "Sales tax" and the wide variety of marginal subjects that we now need to wade through to get at the good stuff. If these are in separate threads they can more easily be ignored by those that don't care.
Old 04-05-01, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only problem I see with starting this forum, is if CH all of a sudden stops being a good deal which very well could be possible. My only thoughts for a foum such as this is to wait until there are more players in the game (possibly BMG).

A good middle ground seems to be lumping it on the will click fo DVDs forum.

J
Old 04-05-01, 07:58 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Master J
The only problem I see with starting this forum, is if CH all of a sudden stops being a good deal which very well could be possible. My only thoughts for a foum such as this is to wait until there are more players in the game (possibly BMG).

A good middle ground seems to be lumping it on the will click fo DVDs forum.

J

What will happen if it stops being such a good deal?
The forum will end up like the will click for dvd forum?
If that happens the current threads can be trasferred back to the bargain forum.

While the CH deal might not always get you 7 discs for ~$10.00, I am quite sure that is will always be better than buying them in the store. Even if it goes up 50%, $15/a disc is still a pretty good deal when you can get the nice "collector's series" dvds as your initial enrollments.

Lumping it in the "Will Click" forum is fine, but it will probably over power those posts very quickly
Old 04-05-01, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is the Will Click for DVD's forum that is getting mentioned a lot lately actually the Will Click for Stuff forum? I see no Will Click for DVD's forum anywhere.
Old 04-05-01, 04:33 PM

Originally posted by renaldow
Is the Will Click for DVD's forum that is getting mentioned a lot lately actually the Will Click for Stuff forum? I see no Will Click for DVD's forum anywhere.
Will Click for Stuff

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/forumdi...=13&daysprune=
Old 04-05-01, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Then why consolidate a DVD Club forum into that one? That makes no sense as clicking for stuff and DVD Clubs do not go hand in hand.
Old 04-05-01, 09:18 PM
Banned

Then why consolidate a DVD Club forum into that one? That makes no sense as clicking for stuff and DVD Clubs do not go hand in hand.
It was suggested because the "will click for stuff" does not get a lot of traffic. It really doesn't make much sense to me either, but its is better than where it is now.
Old 04-06-01, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It gets a lot more traffic it seems than Reviews or International DVD.
Old 04-06-01, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It gets a lot more traffic it seems than Reviews or International DVD.
Do you mean to say that people actually post in the "International DVD" forum?
Old 04-06-01, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by BadAsh
Do you mean to say that people actually post in the "International DVD" forum?
Yeah, that's where they started the "One and Only HK DVD" thread. Oh wait, no it wasn't.
Old 04-06-01, 02:06 PM
Retired

I suggested combining the two because: 1. There isn't much traffic in will click for stuff and 2. Geoff is always hesitant to add a new forum area so renaming one is a little less drastic. Also they are somewhat related as they are both ways to get dvd's cheap. Will click for stuff is more appropriate as Will Click For DVD's as that's what most people do/did stuff like free ride and jaboom for. Renaming the forum "DVD Clubs and Clicking Sites" or anything like that would seem feasible and might generate enough traffic to justify its existence. The click forum doesn't get enough traffic to justify being around anymore IMO and I don't think a clubs forum would either. Combine them and there would probably be about a page of new threads a day, which is a good amount for a health forum IMO.
Old 04-06-01, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also like the idea of making Will Click into a "DVD Clubs and Clicking" forum. Columbia House has been a major source of cheap DVDs for me, but I am always seriously put off from reading the "one and only" CH threads because of how massive they get, and how there are fifty gazillion different topics being discussed in the one thread. I can see how the CH thread would immediately splinter into at least four or five threads that would each be pretty substantial.

Just my two cents as a reader of the forums

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.