Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator 1: SE Region 2/Region 4 ?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Terminator 1: SE Region 2/Region 4 ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-01, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question 1: Are the Region 2 and Region 4 Terminator 1 SE
discs identical both in content and packaging? (though packaging is only an issue if one release has significantly better packaging) I ask because I ordered one from Australia and one from England. I was very anxious to get this.
I will probably sell one of them or give it away as a gift.
Does anyone know if either the R2 (UK) or R4 (Australia)
discs are censored or edited for content?

Question 2: (Sarcastically of course)---Has Australia moved?
I ask because I live in the U.S. and ordered Terminator 1
from EZYDVD. It shipped on March 14th and I received it today March 19th. That is a record and I don't know how it got here so fast. I've ordered from ChaosMusic (also
Australia) and it usually takes 2-3 weeks.
Old 03-19-01, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by diesteldorf

Question 1: Are the Region 2 and Region 4 Terminator 1 SE
discs identical both in content and packaging?
AFAIK, the R2 has gatefold packaging like FightClub R1, while the R4 has the Amaray sized keepcase with the middle hinged second disc thingy. R2 looks cooler. Also the R4 has the movie title back to front (ie. Starting from Right to Left/Bottom to Top, rather than the standard Left to Right/Top to Bottom), which is a pain, because it now sticks out on my DVD shelf. Don't know if the R2 is the same.

Originally posted by diesteldorf

Question 2: (Sarcastically of course)---Has Australia moved?
EzyDVD are generally renowned for their quick service. I've sent paper B&M coupons which I couldn't use here in OZ to DVDtalkers in the US, and its only taken about 5 days by normal Airmail. Chaosmusic generally sucks interms of delivery/instock items, etc, and it even takes 2-3 weeks to get your order here in Aust!!!
Old 03-20-01, 06:08 AM
Banned

I've been looking at getting a DVD player. Would you suggest a Panasonic? Please e-mail me ASAP.
Old 03-20-01, 04:20 PM

Terminator 1 from Ezy DVD in South Australia for 36.30 Australian dollars

Just got my Terminator 1 DVD (region 4) from down under (living in region 2) but Ezy was so much cheaper than the region 2 and the region 4 even has my language subtitles (Dutch). Wow Fully fully loaded. Now I have the US region 1 Metal case (1 disc two sides) and the special Edition T1 region 4 (2 disc set) DVD.
Old 03-21-01, 08:35 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
the R4 is a kick arse disc!

the doco rocks ! very interesting
Old 03-23-01, 06:42 PM
Cool New Member

Just got my R2 copy today...

Friend of mine who got his, said he was a little disappointed with his (only a little ) because as those who know about R1 versions versus R2 (generally), know that some R1 versions can use the branching option to insert "deleted" and alternate scenes in the running order sequence, just by selecting an extra menu option, and thus would liked to have seen a version with the deleted scenes without having to touch that remote control...

I would hazard a good guess that the R1 version that comes out later in the year with that option. Incidentally, does anyone really know why R2s don't usually have this option.

Ah, well!!... Guess if it does, I'll be buying another copy...

Old 03-23-01, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Branching

R1 DVDs usually only have branching options when the director/creator of the film feels the deleted scenes have merit and that an alternate version is a good idea (The Abyss, T2).

In the case of T1, those scenes were cut for a reason, and I doubt any DVD version will allow you to play the movie with those scenes intact.
Old 03-27-01, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got the region 4 in the mail last night. The packaging is FIRST RATE on the disc. I love the clear amaray cases--I wish they would use these in region 1.

The visual and audio quality is outstanding. I was particularly impressed with the newly created 5.1 mix.
Old 03-27-01, 09:20 PM

Be careful ordering from Chaos Music, they have a really bad reputation for poor deliveries and scratched discs.

I found out the hard way.

Beejay
Old 03-28-01, 03:31 AM

Originally posted by KeithT

AFAIK, the R2 has gatefold packaging like FightClub R1, while the R4 has the Amaray sized keepcase with the middle hinged second disc thingy.
Methinks only the R2 UK version has this gatefold packaging, because here in The Netherlands we get a keepcase.

Prutser.