Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

UPCOMING RE-RELEASES LIST (rumored and confirmed)

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

UPCOMING RE-RELEASES LIST (rumored and confirmed)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-01, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Pretty Woman

Originally posted by Mikko Rasinkangas
I wasn't aware that the director's cut was released on dvd... That's why it's on the list.

None of the reviews I've read mention it is the DC...

Does anyone know the exact length of the Director's cut and the theatrical cut (the length on the cover doesn't help since they are always wrong)...

If the DC has been released, I'll take it off the list...
Well, the 10th anniversary B Roll version has a listed time of 125 minutes and when I skipped to the end (as the credits begin to roll) it says 124.5 minutes approximately. The widescreen DC version says 124 minutes, and the time when I skipped forward also said about 124.5 - seems to me the two versions differed by a few seconds but that's it.

Spot checking showed the same added in footage on both disks from the theatrical release, but I didn't bother to watch the whole thing.

As to the length of the theatrical release - you've got me, because it's never been released on dvd. And I got rid of my vhs over a year ago. IMO this movie should DEFINITELY be re-released in its theatrical cut - as of now, there are two versions "B Roll 10th Anniversary" and "Director's Cut" (which appear to be the same version of the movie, with extras on the 10th Anniversary disc as the only difference) - but no theatrical release option.
Old 01-22-02, 03:43 AM

Some rumors about a Halloween H20 re-release. Quote: “It's said to be released in the summer to tie in with the release of Halloween 8: The Homecoming. It will feature two discs- one will include the Halloween: H2O comentary and the second will feature the film with its original score that's without that scream music and all the trailers tv spots and alternate mask footage from the first preview cut.The box art will feature the german Halloween: H2O shot of Michael with the knife.It will also featue an Anamorphic transfer of the film.” Take this with a pinch of salt. It seems strange that they are unable to include an isolated score and a commentary on one disc, especially when the film is roughly 90 minutes long.

Last edited by Mikko Rasinkangas; 11-08-02 at 03:09 AM.
Old 02-14-02, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anything confirmed, as to when, the SE's for ROBOCOP and DAY OF THE DEAD will be released?
Old 02-21-02, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by victant
Now that Fox Lorber and Criterion have started talking, any word on the tentative titles to be rereleased? Namely, David and Lisa?
The 400 Blows, Jules and Jim, Claire's Knee, and My Night At Maud's will all be re-released by Criterion as part of the deal. (Ali: Fear Eats The Soul and The Marriage of Maria Braun will also be released as part of the agreement, but they're not re-releases.) Frankly I doubt we'll ever see a Criterion edition of David and Lisa.
Old 02-26-02, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any word on whether there is an Arthur re-release in the future (original aspect ratio, etc.)?
Old 02-27-02, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since we're on the topic of ARTHUR, how about ARTHUR 2, ON THE ROCKS. Okay it wasn't nearly as good as the original, but few sequels are.
Old 03-03-02, 02:02 AM

Does anyone know of the possibility of Special Editions anywhere in the near future for “A League of Their Own” or “While You Were Sleeping”?

I ask mainly because my wife is interested in these titles, but I would be lying if I said that I did not enjoy them also.
Old 03-03-02, 10:20 PM

Any dates on the confimred title Black Rain?
Old 03-05-02, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mikko, I feel your pain!

I'm torn every time I hear of yet ANOTHER re-release. Of course, I'm happy when a movie I love has been singled out to get better treatment, but the number of disks which it looks like I'm going to replace is getting ridiculous!

BTW, a friend of mine who works at MGM recently told me that the studio is working on an SE of West Side Story, which I didn't see mentioned on your list, as yet. No release date given. Of course, my friend told me this info right after I told him that I had just bought the current version of this classic.
Old 03-07-02, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ransom Sp Ext version up for pre-order in R2 with:
  • Director's Audio Commentary
  • 4 Deleted Scenes
  • 'What If You Do' Featurette
  • 'Between Takes' Featurette
  • Theatrical Trailer

Pal run time of 2hrs 8 minutes which should be roughly equivalent to the 139 mins the unrated NTSC laserdisc ran for.
Old 03-07-02, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by jonathan.e
Ransom Sp Ext version up for pre-order in R2 with:
  • Director's Audio Commentary
  • 4 Deleted Scenes
  • 'What If You Do' Featurette
  • 'Between Takes' Featurette
  • Theatrical Trailer

Pal run time of 2hrs 8 minutes which should be roughly equivalent to the 139 mins the unrated NTSC laserdisc ran for.
hi jonathan

would you happen to know when the R1 version of Ransom SE will be released ?
Old 03-07-02, 11:05 PM

Any word on Cocoon on DVD? I am also waiting for someone to chime-in in regards to a Right Stuff Special Edition, if anyone knows anything.

Also, what are the chances Touchstone/Hollywood Pictures will re-release their stuff in anamorphic?

Last edited by Commander Dan; 03-07-02 at 11:08 PM.
Old 03-08-02, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

1) i agree with Tacomantt. this is one of the most useful threads on the board. it should be in a high profile spot.

2) i just saw a copy of A Room With A View, still put out by image, but this time in a amaray case...anybody know what the deal is? have they gone back and put a bunch of older snapper titles in amarays now? i also heard that criterion was 'probably' going to get around to doing a version of this. i heard this either in late 2000 or early 2001, but nothing since...any news?

3) has the Great Escape for R1 actually been announced? i know they have a disc coming in R4 along with Thelma & Louise SE (which has been promised for R1 for quite a while).
hope its true. with that kind of widescreen film, anamorphic isn't really debatable on a large screen.

4) i thought Planet of the Apes five star was due this year. is '03 a rumour or confirmed?

looks like most of the stuff i really am jonesin for isn't coming out till '03.
maybe i can actually start to get out of debt this year.
Old 03-15-02, 12:34 PM
Banned

Can anyone confirm The Fly (1986) SE???? Fox has said very little except that it's "under consideration". There's been no confimations or denials!! SOME news would be nice.........

THE FLY (1986) SPECIAL EDITION PETITION

www.petitiononline.com/brundle

THE FLY FILM ARCHIVE

http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine/zelazny/119/
Old 03-17-02, 08:11 PM

Originally posted by Helios
Any clue what's going to be new on Spaceballs: SE? It was just put on DVD about a year ago.

Original DVD Release Date: August 14, 2001.

Widescreen letterbox - 1.85:1
Full Screen (Standard) - 1.33:1

I'm not sure there are two versions on seperate discs, or both versions on the same DVD.

Audio: English, French, Spanish (Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo)

Commentary by director Mel Brooks
Production notes
Theatrical trailer(s)

Hope this helps.
Old 03-17-02, 10:59 PM

The widescreen and full screen is on the same dvd (double sided).
Old 03-18-02, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Also, Spaceballs was released to DVD on 4/25/2000. That 2001 release date was really a price reduction to $14.99 SRP.
Old 03-20-02, 07:54 AM

12 Monkeys once had a release date/month but for some reason it was delayed. No reason was given. New features included deleted scenes and DD and DTS on same disc.

Also, “The Mothman Prophecies” is going to the list. The reason is that almost all special features have been dropped from the 06/04 release. R2-dvd.org reports that a fall release will feature a commentary with Mark Pellington, two making-of featurettes, Mothman Documentary, music video, cast interviews (EPK footage) deleted scenes with optional commentary, filmographies, trailers. David Grabias' "Search for the Mothman” documentary features lots of archival footage, actual witness interviews, John Keel and Loren Coleman talking about Mothman.

Last edited by Mikko Rasinkangas; 11-08-02 at 03:03 AM.
Old 03-21-02, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The only question becomes, will Universal allow Criterion to distribute a SE of THE GAME? As of my conversation with Criterion this past week, Universal has made No plans with them to distribute THE GAME on DVD. At this point who really knows what will happen? One thing is certain, there's no way the disc is coming out this April.
Old 04-19-02, 11:47 AM

So has anyone heard of a date for the re-release of True Lies?
Old 04-19-02, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ejunior2, only that it's due out by the year's end. I'm also eagerly awaiting this one.
Old 04-28-02, 11:40 AM

I'll be home for christmas

Seen on two sites DVD Empire and CDUniverse that this is being re-released on October 8 of this year. Anyone hear the details of this yet? Also the MSRP is listed as 19.95 instead of the 29.95 it currently is. I bet money it will be a Pan & Scan version.
Old 04-30-02, 07:22 PM
Banned

Any word on a Martin Scorcese box? And anything new on the GF special ed.?
Old 05-04-02, 08:48 PM

Is Universal giving Field of Dreams an anamorphic transfer anytime in the near future because the current version is nonanamorphic?

Last edited by dakid1979; 05-05-02 at 12:10 AM.
Old 05-10-02, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Warners seem to be pretty serious about releasing GoodFellas on October 14th in the U.K. This info was part of an official press release. A R1 release cannot come much later, I presume...

Great news about the Pulp Fiction SE!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.