Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : What is Amazon's return policy on DVDs?

Calistoga
03-01-01, 06:57 PM
I bought a DVD from Amazon as a birthday gift for someone, but it arrived loose in the case. I couldn't give it to my friend loose like that, so I opened it to check on it's condition. Sure enough it's sratched. :( No time to ask Amazon for a replacment, so I am just going to buy a new copy at a local BM store.

My question is, will Amazon refund my money since the DVD has been opened?? This is an odd situation....I've returned items, but never an opened dvd unless it was to be replaced. Anyone know?

I <i>could</i> take it to a BM store and say I bought it there and ask for an exchange, but I don't feel right doing that. Would rather just return to Amazon for cash back, and buy new from a BM.

Thanks

bigjim25
03-01-01, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Calistoga Anyone know?
I'd say they would give you trouble. I'd just call AMAZON up at their toll free number 1-800-201-7575 and get a new one sent. Go to B&M and get the one for your friend and when the one comes in from AMAZON, take the one back to B&M with sales receipt and get your money back or exchange. I've done this once before myself with no problem.
I hope this helps!;)

DEC29111
03-02-01, 07:40 AM
What I have done is just taken the disc to Wal-Mart claiming that the disc was given to me and asked for an exchange and walked out of the store with no cash exchanging hand and a new non-damaged DVD.