Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Dinosaur - Review wanted

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-01, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any feedback on this movie (special fx, sound, plot) to help decide whether or not it's worth purchasing when released.

------------------
"You had me at hello.....tear." --Dr. Evil
Old 01-23-01, 05:33 AM

I haven't seen the DVD version, since it hasn't been released, but I liked the film. The story line is a little thin(for the kids you know), but the animation is very neat. It mixed live backgrounds, with computer animated dinosaurs, and I thought it was really stunning. I plan on buying the 2 disc set.

------------------
Oh my Nuts! N-V-T-S!
Old 01-23-01, 11:52 AM

ive got a copy of it and screened it last night.....story lien is ehhhhh...but this is easily the best looking disc i own......best sounding still goes to toy story 2
Old 01-23-01, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by starship19:
ive got a copy of it and screened it last night.....story lien is ehhhhh...but this is easily the best looking disc i own.
<HR>
Was this one of those movies that remained purely in the digital domain? (i.e. Toy Story, A Bug's Life).

------------------
"You had me at hello.....tear." --Dr. Evil
Old 01-23-01, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Centurion:
Was this one of those movies that remained purely in the digital domain? (i.e. Toy Story, A Bug's Life).

<HR>

I don't think so, just because of the real-life/animation aspect, although I could be wrong.

I didn't like the movie that much, only because it seemed like so many other disney flicks. I can't really describe accurately why I didn't like it. Granted, the animation was really good, and I'd say that it compares pretty favorably with Walking with dinosoars.

r
Old 01-23-01, 02:52 PM

all of the dinosaurs are computer animated......photo realistcaly i might add.......truly breathtaking..the lemurs..these monkies just look amazing on this dvd......some stuff actually looks three dimensional....the backgrounds however are real....but it all blends seamlessly...granted the backgrounds must have been touched up a little via computer...looks great story stinks..it cloks in at hour and 10 minutes without credits also
Old 01-23-01, 03:56 PM

I think Ebert got this one right. The imagery is so realistic that when the Lemurs and Dinos speak for the first time it is a huge let down. If only Disney had had the balls to make this a non-talker. The transfer is exceptional, nice goodies and extras, but ultimately this combo of Computer generated and real scenery suffers with the typical Disney formula.
Old 01-23-01, 05:03 PM

Read DVDFile's review of Dinosaur:

http://www.dvdfile.com/software/revi...saur_2000.html

The movie is kind of short, but the visuals are amazing and Dinosaur will most likely win an Oscar Award for best special effects this year.