Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review wanted: Warriors DVD review

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review wanted: Warriors DVD review

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-01, 03:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone get this yet? If so, please post DVD review. Thanks.
Old 01-17-01, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very good transfer. The picture is detailed, sharp & the colors are nice & bright (check out the lights reflected on the wet street). There were a few (very few, maybe 20 seconds all combined) shots that looked a little fuzzier, but that seemed due to the print. Way better than I ever would have imagined. While I would have loved to hear the cheesy John Carpenterish synth music in 5.1, the mono wasn't bad. Everything's clear & the music sounds good. The movie itself was as good as I thought it was when I was 11 watching on ABC's midnight movie. Besides the gangs' costumes being really funny now (vests, baseball uniforms, overalls), it still has an Escape From New York feel to it and a visual style that is more impressive now that it's widescreen & so vivid. Anyone who likes the movie should definitely check it out.
Old 01-17-01, 04:49 PM

In one word EXCELLENT. Now this is taking into consideration the comparrison I did with my VHS copy. The picture is crisp, the colors saturated and very deep blacks. I noticed no problems along the edge of the anamorphic picture. The sound is in mono but considering the age it sounds great. No hiss that I could detect. The only problem I found with artifacting was near the end when the Warriors make it to Coney Island. When the train pulls up you will notice it.
There are some scratches and dirt but it is never distracting. I hope this helped.
Old 01-18-01, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

...Warriors come out and play... I guess I have to go and get it today. It has been a long time since I saw it. Thanks guys.

------------------
"A word is dead when it is said, some say; I say it just begins to live that day."
Old 01-20-01, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Watched it last night. Like previously said, the transfer is kickin'

CAAAAAAAAN UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU DIG IIIIIIIIIIIIIT!?