Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: Hollow Man

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-01, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This one has just come out on DVD. Surely there must be some opinions by now?
Old 01-14-01, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...go here:

http://www.thebigpicturedvd.com/cgi-...cgi/Hollow_Man

. . .
Old 01-15-01, 08:08 AM

The special effects were the only interesting highlights of this movie. I though the movie was quite weak. Overall, I give this movie a C.
Old 01-15-01, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The DVD is excellent, although the movie itself is just ok. It starts off pretty good and then slowly turns into a standard hack n slash thriller. The special effects are the best thing in the film and make it definitely worth watching. The DVD transfer is incredibly crisp and just looks incredible. The sound is also great. There is very good use of all the seperate channels (especially the rears). I wish I had a DTS version of the movie. I also enjoyed the special features. They packed a good amount of stuff on the one DVD. It's a great DVD to buy if you want to showcase your entertainment system.

------------------
============================================

'Eritis sicut Deus, scientes bonum et malum.'
Old 01-16-01, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The movie is "watchable" the first time, mainly because of the SFX - which definitely set the new standard - but don't watch it again. I almost couldn't stomach it the second time, and I only watched it again because someone I knew wanted to see it. The story is pathetic, the acting is pathetic, the whole "flippancy" of the tone when it should of been serious is pathetic...I could go on.

But the picture on the DVD is beautiful, however the sound is weak. Maybe I've just been watching a lot of dts titles lately, but some of the voices were very hard to hear, and the surround effects were lame.

I'd rent it. Just my opinion, and I normally am a pretty big Verhoeven fan, but he dropped the ball here I think.