Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review wanted: Cadfael: The Virgin in the Ice

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review wanted: Cadfael: The Virgin in the Ice

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-01, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just wondering what the dvd is like? Is it based on the tv show or what? I've heard great things about the books. Any info would be appreciated.

thanks,
Tuan Jim
Old 01-11-01, 11:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
All of them that are out so far are the ones taken from the Mystery series from PBS/A&E. From what I can tell they are pretty much the same as what's available via VHS. The one word of advice I have is don't be fooled by the "audio commentary" some of the sites have listed for it. All this turned out to be is a short interview snippet by Jacobie (sp?) about various aspects of playing the Cadfael character. It's not during the presentation itself it's on it's own menu item as part of a "slide show" (and an uninteresting one at that). However, if you like Cadfael/mysteries I would still recommend them.

So far there are 3 out (Virgin in the Ice, Morbid Taste for Bones, and The Devil's Novice) AFAIK there are only 13 in the VHS series so hopefully we'll eventually get them all. BTW if you like the Cadfael/mystery type things I also recommend the Poirot mysteries.
Old 01-12-01, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the only one with a decent transfer is Morbid taste for bones. The other two are problematic and probably only for the die hard fan.