Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Reviews of:Cool Devices/Imma Youjo/LA Blue Girl

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Reviews of:Cool Devices/Imma Youjo/LA Blue Girl

Old 12-08-00, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please e-mail me with any comments and/or reviews of these Anime flicks you might have.
Thanks
Old 12-08-00, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

La Blue Girl is Overfiend on the lighter side. It doesn't take itself too seriously and doesn't expect anyone else to either. Your standard tentacle fare.

Imma has probably the most consistently interesting plot of the three series and has a common theme running amongst all the episodes. Some tentacle fare, some S&M, some non-consensual stuff.

Cool Devices is basically a montage of everything designed to offend your straight-laced American. Probably the most "hardcore" of the three series you've asked about. If you can't deal with the first two I wouldn't recommend this one. In terms of quality some of the shorts are just there to show sex acts, others attempt a story while others do so quite well. Unfortunately it's all pretty hit or miss.

If you're looking for something to amuse La Blue Girl, if you're looking for something to offend Cool Devices, if you're looking for something with more of a cohesive storyline/thought-provoking Imma Youjo.
Old 12-09-00, 12:36 PM

If you're looking for something to amuse La Blue Girl, if you're looking for something to offend Cool Devices, if you're looking for something with more of a cohesive storyline/thought-provoking Imma Youjo.
>>>>>>>>>>>>

So is the Imma Youjo series actually
good or just so so in terms of the story?
Also how is the animation?

Thanks for the thoughtful reviews.
Old 12-11-00, 11:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All the animation/transfers are pretty standard/sub-optimal anime fare. Certainly nothing to compare to some of the higher quality transfers ala Cowboy Bebop. If you've ever seen the Overfiend DVDs they look better than that definitely.

I haven't gotten a chance to watch all of the Imma Youjo discs yet but I'd rate the stories as average to above average. It's not Oscar worthy material but for the most part it seems to do better than the we-have-the-tentacles-now-we-need-some-kind-of-plot approach.