Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Review Wanted: Nightmare Before Xmas SE

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Review Wanted: Nightmare Before Xmas SE

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-00, 11:19 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw on the coming soon page that this one came out yesterday

Anyone get it? How is it?

Still torn on buying it.. I liked the look of the film when I saw it in the theatre when it was new.. but I dunno about the story so much, seemed to kiddy for me at the time
Old 10-04-00, 11:58 AM

27min documentary.. which is pretty cool..

the box says around 450 still pictures of drawings of the sets/towns and character designs, concept art.. this part was really good since I'm an artist and this is one of my favorite movies.. along in this section you will find character animation video with commentary by selick on each of those.. eh

the shorts are pretty cool.. vincent is GREAT, narrated by Vincent Price.. Frakenweenie feels a little like an after school special at times but some of the set design is great, it feels like a cross between Cabinet of DR Caligari, Frankenstein and Nightmare Before Christmas. Its a pretty good little spoof on Frankenstein..

the movie kicks ass.. commentary is really technical and pretty good.. you have trailers, poster art and all that.. get it..

im thinking about getting 2 copies
Old 10-04-00, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is there anyone here particularly knowledgable about Frankenweenie as to know what scenes, how much footage makes this new release of it the "uncut" version as it states on the back of the package.

I have the old laserdisc box set and I'm curious as to what I'm missing, if anything, since it's one of my favorite short films of all time. imdb.com doesn't have any info.
Old 10-04-00, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by kunert:
Is there anyone here particularly knowledgable about Frankenweenie as to know what scenes, how much footage makes this new release of it the "uncut" version as it states on the back of the package.

I have the old laserdisc box set and I'm curious as to what I'm missing, if anything, since it's one of my favorite short films of all time. imdb.com doesn't have any info.
<HR>

There's about one minute (if that...) of deleted footage that really isn't that significant. It's basically the exact same film. But I guess something's better than nothing.
Old 10-04-00, 02:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just buy this DVD. it is really really KICK ARSE!! i have both new and old releases of NBC, this one is grand, animated menus are great, the sound is just grand in DTS, the shorts are a must for any burton fan, the extras are very sweet indeed.
one of my favorite dvd's this year