Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

REQ: Review of Any Given Sunday

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

REQ: Review of Any Given Sunday

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-00, 06:00 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a sports fan, I really like Any Given Sunday (AGS) and I visited the official website after I had seen the movie back in December of 1999.

On the website, I downloaded some clips that didn't make the theatrical cut. I read on Amazon that the DVD contains six minutes of footage that didn't make it to the theaters. However, I remember that there was MORE than six minutes of clips available on the website.

Can someone who has seen the AGS DVD please tell me if there is a scene featuring Lawernce Taylor "entertaining" a guest at a party and if there is a scene with a football player losing an eye? Thanks.
Old 09-01-00, 07:06 PM

I watched the dvd last night. I did not see AGS in the movies. I will tell you that this movie ROCKS !!! The sound was unbelievable!!! It was like I was in the huddle. The action unbelievable!! The picture itself the colors , the sharpness truly unbelievable. Hands down the best dvd picture (quality wise) that I have ever seen. Great performances throughout. Al Pacino was brilliant. Jamie Foxx surprisingly very good in a dramatic part. Can you believe Puff Daddy was supposed to play that part!! He would have screwed it up. Yes there is a scene where a player gets blasted, his helmet flies off and so does his eye. It rolls to the Astroturf. Then they come and put in ice. My wife looks at me and says can that really happen. Of course its only a movie. There is also a scene that Lawrence Taylor has a party, then saws SUV in two. I cant wait to watch it again. What a great movie!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by patrckpiteo (edited September 01, 2000).]
Old 09-01-00, 08:32 PM

I haven't watched the whole DVD yet, but I did see the film in theaters.

Great movie, and the sound on this disc is positively amazing... You truly do feel like you're on the field... I didn't watch the whole thing because it got to be too late and I had to turn my sub off to appease downstairs neighbors, and it wouldn't have been fair to watch the disk without the sub (:
Old 09-01-00, 09:32 PM

Scott, With the sub you feel the hits right in your stomach!!!!
Old 09-02-00, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't care for Football all that much. Do you think I will still enjoy this movie?

------------------
I am Jack's signature.

My very tiny, but ever-growing DVD list.
Old 09-02-00, 07:15 AM

I dont really think sports movies are good but Any Given Sunday is the best. It has 8 scenes that were not shown in North American Theaters. The eye ball scene is cool, really gets you by surprise. And the Anamorphic picture is one of the best that i have seen in awhile. Great movie i recommend it to anyone that wants to see a good movie.

*oops i forgot to mention that the sound on this disk is phenominal. It feels like if your in Dallas stadium and the music goes good with the movie.*

[This message has been edited by neo247 (edited September 02, 2000).]
Old 09-03-00, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

caiman: My wife hates any and all sports and she enjoyed it. I, being a huge football fan and an Oliver Stone fan as well, loved it. It's probably one of the better films he has done in awhile.